Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Michael Grange: Raptors Trying To Trade Jose Calderon For Roy Hibbert

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the 9th page and nobody has said that the Pacers would be idiots for making this trade? So, the Pacers would be left with Foster as their only centre, why would they do this? Bird isn't KAAAAHNNNNN!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read every page on this thread, but I assume someone has mapped out the circle of life that is BC's trading resume. I've been a big BC defender as I felt he was never playing with a full deck during the Bosh era, but the guy treats the raptors like a fantasy team. How many years is he going to go do the same dog and pony makeover and then blame the team's chemistry if it doesn't work out.

If nothing else he is decisive, he brings guys in and if they are lucky they get a full year before he ships them out for another reclamation project. That's BC specialty, guys who look like thier washed up, but through the power of positive thinking have everyone into believing they can make a comeback.

I actually like Hibbert, he's young, big, cheap, mobile and still improving. What's the hurry though? BC is acting like he has to make headlines every day. Why not let another team come to him instead of always being the pusher and then being pushed into handing over first round picks. How quickly before both picks from the Bosh S&T are gone? One week, maybe two.

Raptors Republic Rookie raptor-raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YKOil wrote: View Post
    Hibbert doesn't seem to make a lot of sense given how many big men the team has now.

TJ & Hibbert
    FOR
    Calderon

Would be okay in my books however - not that getting TJ back is a good thing - what matters is dumping the other two years of Jose's salary and getting a decent player/trade asset in Hibbert.
    Agreed. Some of the other deals mentioned would be nice if they could be pulled off... but as a bottom line kind of thing, you could do a lot more in the long run with eating one year of a T.J. Ford contract than being saddled with Jose's for multi-seasons....

...but this a minimum effort sort of thing...B.C. should try to go bigger.

Raptors Republic Rookie Rap Challenger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think Hibbert would do fairly well as a Raptor and he'd be a better pick up than Chandler, IMO. I wasn't crazy about the Jose for Chandler deal. This one's better. I'd love to see them get Hibbert and Murphy, but I have no idea what kinda cheddar we're talkin' about with Murphy's contract. Murphy is a shorter Bargnani who actually rebounds the ball and runs the floor (alas, whilst playing shitty defense with less blocks but more steals).
    Last edited by Rap Challenger; Wed Jul 14th, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Real Charlotte Trade

The Real Hornets Trade

I agree, enough with the Collison obsession. Especially since this is the real trade we need to make with the Hornets: Okafor, Chris Paul and James Posey for Calderon, Miami's 2010 first, the Raps 2010 first, Marcus Banks, Reggie Evans and the entire TPE. This would save the Hornets, who are hemorrhaging money, a ton of cash. And the Raps would get two starters. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt you really want to hear what people think about that.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Juan wrote: View Post
    As was the case with Roy. Nobody had Roy as a first overall pick, Dondaddda, so to revise history the way you continue to is a bit ridiculous. What about the 6 other GM's who didn't pick him either? They're all morons I guess? Oh wait, didn't Roy have some pretty serious knee trouble this year????
    Huh? What exactly are you talking about? The discussion was about Granger and Joey Graham. I think you've misunderstood.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
    Fans complain about Bargnani rebound output....look at Hibbert
    In two seasons, Hibbert has averaged 8.4 rpg per 36 minutes. That's about average for a big man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Huh? What exactly are you talking about? The discussion was about Granger and Joey Graham. I think you've misunderstood.
    There was another mini-discussion going on about Bargs and B.Roy inbetween the Granger/Graham one. A little confusing...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote j_dubyah wrote: View Post
    the real hornets trade

i agree, enough with the collison obsession. Especially since this is the real trade we need to make with the hornets: Okafor, chris paul and james posey for calderon, miami's 2010 first, the raps 2010 first, marcus banks, reggie evans and the entire tpe. This would save the hornets, who are hemorrhaging money, a ton of cash. And the raps would get two starters. Thoughts?
    stop.it.now.

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote J_Dubyah wrote: View Post
    The Real Hornets Trade

I agree, enough with the Collison obsession. Especially since this is the real trade we need to make with the Hornets: Okafor, Chris Paul and James Posey for Calderon, Miami's 2010 first, the Raps 2010 first, Marcus Banks, Reggie Evans and the entire TPE. This would save the Hornets, who are hemorrhaging money, a ton of cash. And the Raps would get two starters. Thoughts?
    Yeah lets give everything away for Paul? The Raps are gunna suck this year, those 1st rounders will be gold, we should keep them and even get more and maybe we can draft our own Paul.

This season should be used to give the YoungGunz heaps of burn to gain experience and confidence, now matter if we win 15 games, draft a superstar and we are the next Thunder, Keep doing the Band-aid approach and we are the Old Clippers.

Raptors Republic Rookie Rap Challenger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    In two seasons, Hibbert has averaged 8.4 rpg per 36 minutes. That's about average for a big man.
    Again, that's why I'd love to see them trade for Murphy. The guy's a starter who can shoot the 3 and rebound like a mofo. There were a lot of trade rumors circling Murphy last year. He was the best rebounder on the Pacers; he just can't guard the Tim Duncans of the league. That's why I'd love to see us send Jose and (?? Amir?) for Hibbert and Murphy.

Ok, but don't flame me for the suggestion yet -- I'm gonna try and find out what Murphy's contract looks like to see what kind of trades would work.
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Raptors Republic Rookie bhattmagandhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha i doubt this is going to push through.
    if it does, the Pacers will officially be our junkyard
    +1

lol

Raptors Republic Rookie raptor-raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rap Challenger wrote: View Post
    Personally, I think Hibbert would do fairly well as a Raptor and he'd be a better pick up than Chandler, IMO....
    Chandler does have more of the desirable game (his added agility and speed) but is very injury prone. Chandler can't help any team if he's not in the line-up.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibbert's not a bad option, but this is just a rumor (unless BC offers picks! Big surprise!). Indianna's made it clear that Hibbert is a cornerstone for them. So unless we give them something valuable, not happening.

Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only does Hibbert play D, I have actually been surprised by his offensive efficiency, and his apparent sheen in multiple games. He looks a lot more polished on offense (especially mid-lateseason when he carved up the Celts and Cavs' respective defenses). Don't forget that this kid is 24 y/o, distributes the ball really well for someone who is 7'3" -- a couple near triple-doubles last year -- AND he's a legit center who plays the exact type of ball we need from a center.

I just don't see it happening, it's too good to be true on our end!
    It's about money

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There has not been any news or update on this deal. I think it is fair to assume it is a dead deal. Time to move on.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think are best move is T. Prince. T. Prince and Wilcox for Evans and Jose should workout salary wise and Wilcox would fit better with our up tempo style then Evans...I think.

Wilcox is $3 mill off the books this year. T. Prince is 11.1 off the books this year. Evans is 5.4 or so off the books this year and Jose is 9 for a few more years.

Granted Wilcox isn't the C we need, but we would still have the excemption and I'm sure BC would find a way to turn it into multiteam deal.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

sup yall
    i've tried looking for this said on the globe and mail and tried googling it and i cant find this article
    anyone care to post the link for this article?

thanks,
    much appreciated

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, why would we want Hibbert. Also, Isn't Jose for Boris still a great trade for the Raps? Is that off the table now?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information