Tor-Ind-Sac Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-Ind-Sac Trade

So if Indiana wants Calderon, and Indiana wants a defensive center, and Sacramento now has a glut of big men who need minutes, how about this...

Toronto gets Dalembert

Sacramento gets Mike Dunleavy and Marcus Banks

Indiana gets Calderon

Toronto gets a defensive center and expiring contract, Indiana gets their PG and Sacramento still has an expiring contract(s), but have more depth at the SF spot, which they lack, and clear up space for COusins and Whiteside.

Personally, I think Indiana would need more to take on Calderon's longer contract, but I'm not sure what. They don't need any more expiring contracts.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

I'd do that.

What if, on top of that, we made a move and somehow got Tayshaun Prince? What would it realistically take to get him (giving up as few of our players as possible under the assumption that the Pistons will most likely miss the playoffs and he may leave them for nothing at the end of next season anyway?)

If we could do that we'd have upgraded tremendously our defense with Prince vs. Turk and Dalembert vs. Bosh. We'd have moved Calderon, lost his playmaking, but improved on his scoring (vs. Barbosa), and compensated somewhat for his playmaking with Prince who can act as a part-time point forward. We'd also have around 30m in expiring contracts, depending on what we sent to Detroit.

Possible?

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
      I'd do that.

What if, on top of that, we made a move and somehow got Tayshaun Prince? What would it realistically take to get him (giving up as few of our players as possible under the assumption that the Pistons will most likely miss the playoffs and he may leave them for nothing at the end of next season anyway?)

If we could do that we'd have upgraded tremendously our defense with Prince vs. Turk and Dalembert vs. Bosh. We'd have moved Calderon, lost his playmaking, but improved on his scoring (vs. Barbosa), and compensated somewhat for his playmaking with Prince who can act as a part-time point forward. We'd also have around 30m in expiring contracts, depending on what we sent to Detroit.

Possible?
      I see absolutely no reason to try and get Prince. The development of the young players take precedence over anything. With Calderon gone, they wouldn't have any bad contracts, so getting another expiring contract doesn't do anything. I'd rather start Kleiza at SF and have Weems/DeRozan back him up, and then give the backup SG minutes to Belinelli.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I see absolutely no reason to try and get Prince. The development of the young players take precedence over anything...I'd rather start Kleiza at SF and have Weems/DeRozan back him up, and then give the backup SG minutes to Belinelli.
        That's under the assumption that BC is going to accept the number of losses that such a team would generate. The above is not that bad of an idea, but I doubt realistically BC would accept a complete rebuild like that. He's in love with the mid-level players, it seems, and I'm fairly certain a few will still be coming our way. Might as well try and get one of the better ones, and in my opinion there are few that address as many of our needs as Prince does.
        Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I see absolutely no reason to try and get Prince. The development of the young players take precedence over anything. With Calderon gone, they wouldn't have any bad contracts, so getting another expiring contract doesn't do anything. I'd rather start Kleiza at SF and have Weems/DeRozan back him up, and then give the backup SG minutes to Belinelli.
          +1
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

where would the offense come from? If we have Dalembert, we should try to get a scoring three or a PG that can put up points. Prince and Dalembert would be to much lost offense for the starting line up.

Comment

I would cut Sac completly out of the equation and just go for Jeff Foster

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=26s7dzo

This way both Dunleavy and Foster come off the Raptors books by season ends (or they can be flipped for other players before the draft deadline).

Indiana gets their starting point guard in Calderon and Reggie Evans.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                I would cut Sac completly out of the equation and just go for Jeff Foster

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=26s7dzo

This way both Dunleavy and Foster come off the Raptors books by season ends (or they can be flipped for other players before the draft deadline).

Indiana gets their starting point guard in Calderon and Reggie Evans.
                Foster is probably past the point where he can play starter minutes. Dalembert is still in his prime and could return and play a significant role in the future of the team.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Foster is probably past the point where he can play starter minutes. Dalembert is still in his prime and could return and play a significant role in the future of the team.
                  Not for the amount of money Dalembert gets payed. Foster much like Dunlevey at least come off the books after this coming season. The whole point of the deal from Raptor's prespective is to free more cap room by trading Calderon massive contract and having the money to go after players they really want.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Not for the amount of money Dalembert gets payed. Foster much like Dunlevey at least come off the books after this coming season. The whole point of the deal from Raptor's prespective is to free more cap room by trading Calderon massive contract and having the money to go after players they really want.
                    Dalembert's contract comes off the books next summer, too.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I like that idea.

If Sacramento is not down for it, they could put in GS instead:

IND gets Calderon
                      TOR gets Biendris (if healthy)
                      GS gets T.J. Ford.

TOronto may be stuck with Biendris countract but, when healthy he is pretty much what they need and provides similar stats to CHandler.

TJ might actually thrive ina back up role for Curry in GS.

IND gets a PG.

Comment

Working...
                      X