Thread: The Magic Payroll

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Magic Payroll

Holy crap...Has anyone seen what's going on in Orlando these days? They're going to match Reddick's offer sheet from the Bulls...which will put them $21 million dollars OVER THE LUXURY TAX. That's nuts. Is there any chance we could pick up one or more of their players for a trade exception? Maybe Gortat? Maybe Pietrus (although, he's a bit redundant)? Maybe Gortat and Jameer Nelson for Calderon and Evans?

Tim Povtak of AOL FanHouse is reporting that the Orlando Magic will match the $19 million contract offer from the Chicago Bulls on restricted free agent J.J. Redick.

The Magic are currently sitting at $84.75 million in 2010 salary commitments, putting them $14.44 million over the $70.307 million Luxury Tax line. That number will increase by roughly $7 million after matching Reddick's contract offer, giving the Magic at a payroll of $91.5 million to just 12 roster players, with a total player cost including Luxury Tax of $112.94 million.

The L.A. Lakers have the highest payroll in the NBA, with just nine players committed to just under $90 million.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz0trJbh0AR

Raptors Republic Rookie AirRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Goalie23 wrote: View Post
    Holy crap...Has anyone seen what's going on in Orlando these days? They're going to match Reddick's offer sheet from the Bulls...which will put them $21 million dollars OVER THE LUXURY TAX. That's nuts. Is there any chance we could pick up one or more of their players for a trade exception? Maybe Gortat? Maybe Pietrus (although, he's a bit redundant)? Maybe Gortat and Jameer Nelson for Calderon and Evans?
    Orlando would not give away Jameer Nelson & their backup Center who they overpaid to keep last year for Calderon & Evans....besides, I don't want another shoot-first PG like Nelson, and he's approaching 30 like Calderon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AirRaptor wrote: View Post
    Orlando would not give away Jameer Nelson & their backup Center who they overpaid to keep last year for Calderon & Evans....besides, I don't want another shoot-first PG like Nelson, and he's approaching 30 like Calderon.
    definitely see a recurrance here.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love for the Raptors to trade for Gortat, especially if it means...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I'd love for the Raptors to trade for Gortat, especially if it means Bargnani moves to his natural 4 position.
    I finished your post for you Tim.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    I finished your post for you Tim.
    I'm looking for my gun....

Thread Information