Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Wins Does Triano Need To Keep His Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Wins Does Triano Need To Keep His Job?

So no one in the NBA thinks we're gonna make the playoffs with the roster we have right now. So provided that there aren't any embarrassing blow-outs what's realistic for Triano to keep his job safe?

I know there's probably gonna be more moves but with the roster we have now I would be content with 30 Ws.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

I don't think the win count really matters. In Reality, this team can only win anywhere between 15-25 game next season.

I think JT's job is safe for next year unless we do not see any improvement in defense and have many many blow outs.

Comment

If he actually implements a defensive system to the team and the team overall sees a good defensive improvement from last year I would say his job is safe regardless of win total. If the defensive system gets better and considering the players he has to work with and no legit all star on his team I would see no reason to get a new coach. The best thing to do in some cases is to let a coach grow with a team and this is a perfect time to let that happen.

Comment

I don't think Triano is getting fired anytime soon. I've always been convinced that his job was a MLSE board choice and not necessarily all BC.

Comment

Although I was against Triano as head coach from day 1, I don't think that is a good idea to fire him now for the simple reason that no GOOD coach is willing to take over Raptors at this stage. But then again, Carlisimo is waiting on the shadow

Comment

Triano's performance isn't going to be based on wins as much as how well he develops the young guys. If they show a lot of improvement that may be enough for him to stick around.

Comment

Triano will remain coach until his opposition level on Raptors Republic exceeds more than 50%. When more than 50% of the regular posters here decide he should go then he will go. After all didn't Johnson say "It is the fans' team" Yes he did.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Jul 16, 2010, 01:37 PM.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

rev20002 wrote: View Post
                I don't think Triano is getting fired anytime soon. I've always been convinced that his job was a MLSE board choice and not necessarily all BC.
                And your evidence? I'm guessing absolutely none. I've never understood this argument because it goes against logic. Colangelo would NOT allow the MLSE to make such a big basketball decision for him. It's ridiculous. If Colangelo's future is predicated on the success of the team, he's not, in a million years, going to allow people who know nothing about basketball make a decision that would have such a huge effect on his career.

If you were the CEO of a company, let's say a company like Apple, would you let a group of people who have no knowledge of how your business works to pick the person in charge of design? This is a position that greatly affects the product you put out and if he/she isn't very good, your company will fail. WOuld you allow them to pick this person? I'm guessing not.

Can we put to rest this ridiculous notion, please? There is simply no evidence to support it and it makes absolutely no sense.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  And your evidence? I'm guessing absolutely none. I've never understood this argument because it goes against logic. Colangelo would NOT allow the MLSE to make such a big basketball decision for him. It's ridiculous. If Colangelo's future is predicated on the success of the team, he's not, in a million years, going to allow people who know nothing about basketball make a decision that would have such a huge effect on his career.

If you were the CEO of a company, let's say a company like Apple, would you let a group of people who have no knowledge of how your business works to pick the person in charge of design? This is a position that greatly affects the product you put out and if he/she isn't very good, your company will fail. WOuld you allow them to pick this person? I'm guessing not.

Can we put to rest this ridiculous notion, please? There is simply no evidence to support it and it makes absolutely no sense.
                  I think your in denial of how evil MLSE really is.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

After all didn't Johnson say "It is the fans' team" Yes he did.
                    LOL, Did he really say that ?

Of course he is right, this easily explains the extra 8-9 million that he is getting over 5 years and also confirms what I have been saying all long that Amir's contract is based on the Marketing for Fans and YOUNG GUNZ.

Comment

Unless Jay wins 82 games, I'd fire his ass.

Comment

rev20002 wrote: View Post
                        I think your in denial of how evil MLSE really is.
                        I have no opinion one way or another about MLSE (although I would never characterize them as evil, which is just silly), but I have seen enough from Colangelo to know he would not allow such a move. He left Phoenix when it became clear Sarver wasn't going to let him make the basketball moves he felt he needed to make. You think he'd stay in Toronto of MLSE started to meddle? He would have taken the Raptors job only on the agreement that he would have full control over all basketball decisions. I'm pretty certain of this.

Whatever your feelings of MLSE, the fact that Colangelo is still the GM of the Raptors tells me that Triano was his decision.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

RaptorTalk wrote: View Post
                          Unless Jay wins 82 games, I'd fire his ass.
                          And I thank my lucky stars you are not in charge of the Raptors.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

@ Tim W.: If the Raptors were a company and Colangelo the CEO, MLSE would be the board of directors; ultimately, the CEO has to cater to the board of directors as well or show them a better alternative. (Quick, who's the Mavericks' general manager? I'd venture the casual fan has no idea.) I don't personally believe it, but it's not inconceivable MLSE wanted Triano and Colangelo had no real objection or strong enough reservations.

Anyway, I would hope Triano's job is not contingent on wins. It doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team.

Comment

Triano will not be fired this season.......the expectations are too low.....i will however say that Bargnani will be in the running for MIP next season...along with Beasley, Jennings and Oden....

Comment

Working...
                              X