My Ideal Raptor Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ideal Raptor Team

As the Raptors stand right now, we are barely above a mediocre team. Our current roster includes:

Pg: Jose Calderon/Jarret Jack/ Leandro Barbosa/Marcus Banks
    Sg: DeMar DeRozan/ Marco Bellinelli
    Sf: Sonny Weems/ Linas Kleiza
    Pf: Amir Johnson/ Ed Davis/
    C: Andrea Bargnani/ Solomon Alabi/ Reggie Evans

By the start of Training Camp, Joey Dorsey could be signed as well.

The two dead weights on the roster at the moment are Banks and Evans, as together they make 10 million, and are almost completely useless. As it stands, we are also in possession of a 14.5 million dollar trade exception for the Bosh deal. If BC stays with the current roster, the playoffs look out of reach. But there are current things that could be done to make this into a playoff team.

The first is to trade a Jarret Jack or Jose Calderon, along with the contract of Evans or Banks, along with the trade exception to NO for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor. It may seem unlikely for NO to take the deal, but they are trying to get rid of the large Okafor contract, and to clear much of their cap for their rebuilding would be a great benefit. And they could be flexible with trading Paul, as they are in no current shape to compete in the playoffs. This trade could also allow us to pursue other free agents to add to the team. We need to add a SF or SG role player to help complete the team, and there are many options available, for example Josh Howard or CDR from NJ. All these moves are unlikely to happen, and I'm just drawing up a possibility, but if these moves were to go down, the roster could look something like this.

Pg: Chris Paul/ Jarret Jack/ Leandro Barbosa
    Sg: DeMar DeRozan/ CDR/ Marco Bellinelli
    Sf: Sonny Weems/ Linas Kleiza/ Joey Dorsey
    Pf: Amir Johnson or Emeka Okafor/ Ed Davis

Just a ideal team draw up so don't go crazy.
    Raptors fan for life....sadly.

OK for real your an idiot...

CP3 for a bunch of crap and then what will they do use the trade exception on a player like Chris Paul....

There is a salary floor all teams have to spend atleast to the floor...

CP3 is not coming to TO..

PLEASE STOP WITH THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by it is what it is; Fri Jul 16, 2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

or we could trade Banks and Evans and Jose for Kobe
      Then a future first rounder for Carmelo
      a second rounder for Dwight Howard
      Maybe Micheal Jordan and Magic will come out of retirement.
      Chuck Daly comes back from the dead to coach this team
      Maybe your right....

Comment

By that logic we could trade Ed Davis, Demar Derozan, Andrea Bargnani, to any team with cap space for a bunch of 1st and 2nd round picks and bench players.

Comment

jlongs wrote: View Post
          By that logic we could trade Ed Davis, Demar Derozan, Andrea Bargnani, to any team with cap space for a bunch of 1st and 2nd round picks and bench players.
          Funny thiing is we can easily do that... but why? they are our best players?...
          Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

CP3 in your wildest dreams will not be coming to Toronto.

However if the Raptors finish at the bottom 5 of the NBA this season, there is a chance of grabbing one of the better PG's coming out of college in the draft and really change the team luck just like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derek Rose and this year John Wall.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              CP3 in your wildest dreams will not be coming to Toronto.

However if the Raptors finish at the bottom 5 of the NBA this season, there is a chance of grabbing one of the better PG's coming out of college in the draft and really change the team luck just like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derek Rose and this year John Wall.
              http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/0...-the-internet/
              Everybody check out fan type #7 in this article explaining what types of fans there are...My point is stop making deals for CP3 lol its not happening.

And Hotshot I completely agree with you, but not only about bottom 5, we have 2 first round draft picks, if we even finish middle of the pack we can use those picks as leverage (plus asset) into 1 top 10 pick so this years draft should be a good one for this team.

Comment

You are correct. We likely wont get CP3 for above. However I belive either him or Collison have to be traded. Which one will get you more? Obviously Paul (likely a lot more than previous guy, but doable). Assuming we get CP3 & Okafor -Raptors are still not better than Hornets & Paul is unhappy. What does BC have left (2 first rounders, TPE, Derosen, Bargnani, Davis), minus whatever we have to give up for Paul. Can this get us excellent SG? Dont know.
                What would it take to get Collison & Okafor? Then we have a lot of young guys. Let them develop & then fill in with a top FA.

it is what it is wrote: View Post
                OK for real your an idiot...

CP3 for a bunch of crap and then what will they do use the trade exception on a player like Chris Paul....

There is a salary floor all teams have to spend atleast to the floor...

CP3 is not coming to TO..

PLEASE STOP WITH THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

if we use your logic...BC can call orlando and get jameer nelson and dwight howard for jose, evans and the trade exception.....or maybe call OKC and get westbrook and durant....perhaps roy and aldrige from portland??

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
                    And Hotshot I completely agree with you, but not only about bottom 5, we have 2 first round draft picks, if we even finish middle of the pack we can use those picks as leverage (plus asset) into 1 top 10 pick so this years draft should be a good one for this team.
                    Yeah a top 10 is a must now a days if you want to get a good point guard that may change the direction of your team.

Last 5 years PG draft picks in the top 10 that turned out good in draft order selection:

2005- #3 - D Williams, #4- Chris Paul #5 - Ray Felton
                    2006- None but Rondo picked 21st overall.
                    2007- #4- Mike Conley and Aaron Brooks picked 26 overall.
                    2008- #1 Derek Rose, #4 Russell Westbrook
                    2009- # 5 Ricky Rubio(giving him benefit of doubt)#6Johnny Flynn,#7 Stephan Curry, #10 Brandon Jennings, #17 Jrue Holiday, #21Darren Collison.
                    2010 - #1 John Wall (benefit of doubt)

On occassions a team could also be lucky and draft a good point guard in the second round but that is more of luck then anything else.

Therefore the Raptors should spread their picks around and draft 2 point guards in next years draft and hope that one of them turns out to be good. It will really be good if the lottery ball bounces in the right direction and the Raptors move up the draft. Or they can package both picks and trade them for Ricky Rubio because their GM might go for it.

Comment

How old are you ?

Comment

Well my apologies, it was just an ideal depiction of what I would want our team to look like. I know it isn't very likely to happen, I was just saying that if it hypothetically did, where the Raptor team would stand. It was just a theory, doesn't mean I imagined that it would happen.
                        Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Arenick wrote: View Post
                          As the Raptors stand right now, we are barely above a mediocre team. Our current roster includes:

Pg: Jose Calderon/Jarret Jack/ Leandro Barbosa/Marcus Banks
                          Sg: DeMar DeRozan/ Marco Bellinelli
                          Sf: Sonny Weems/ Linas Kleiza
                          Pf: Amir Johnson/ Ed Davis/
                          By anyone else's estimation (outside of Toronto), this is actually well below a mediocre team.

Comment

the raps need Hasheem Thabeet!
                            http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

i cant believ someone actually took the time to start this post...

hey why not banks and evans for kobe and gasol ?

Comment

Working...
                              X