View Poll Results: How many wins for 2010-11?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • WINS?? HAHAHA right...

0 0%
  • 10-20

1 3.33%
  • 20-30

10 33.33%
  • 30-40

10 33.33%
  • PLAYOFFS! (40-50)

7 23.33%

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: b/r: "Raptors Will Challenge the NBA's Worst All-Time Record"

Post Thanks / Like

Default b/r: "Raptors Will Challenge the NBA's Worst All-Time Record"

Last year, NBA fans became reacquainted with the 1972-73 Sixers—they of the worst single-season record of all-time, at 9-73—as the cover-your-eyes Nets threatened to challenge the ignominious record for most losses in a season.

This year, after losing Chris Bosh in free agency, the Toronto Raptors will be in the same position.

Last year with Bosh, the Raptors couldn't play defense worth a lick. According to John Hollinger of ESPN, the Raptors were the only team to give up an average of more than 110 points per 100 possessions. No amount of offensive proficiency could save a team that played D that terribly.

Now with Bosh gone and Hedo Turkoglu traded away to Phoenix (say what you will, but he averaged nearly 20-5-5 two seasons ago), the Raps will rely on Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Leandro Barbosa, and Andrea Bargnani as their main scoring threats.

If that lineup isn't inspiring much confidence in you, dear Toronto fan, there's a reason for that. Your team is going to be categorically awful this year, and the times of 40-win seasons will be a thing of the past for the next year or two.
    Source: Bleacher Report

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

IT'S THE BLEACHER REPORT!!

I don't think the Raptors are going to be horribly bad. They do have some talent, they are a very athletic team and they're going to win a few games just by getting out and running. I'd guess somewhere between 20 and 30 games, which is a far cry from vying for the worst record of all time.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors will win 20-30 wins IMO. I HIGHLY doubt we'll get less then 8 wins.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    The Raptors will win 20-30 wins IMO. I HIGHLY doubt we'll get less then 8 wins.
    We're better than CLE, Minny, GSW...come on. We can't get less than 8 if they don't first. LOL.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe you quoted Bleacher Report. I think Lebron James departure from the Cavaliers will prove too much this upcoming season.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Let's not be too quick to judge here, the trading isn't over and Bosh was not the be all and end all of the team. Have some faith in BC and his team, the Raps might not be a championship team next year, but they have new legs and they just might surprise you.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

no way when you can score like the raptors there is no way you will be a bad team plus I think the raptors have gotten much better defensibly with the additions of alabi davis klieza and barbosa and by getting rid of turk.IDC what turk averages 2 seasons ago he averaged crap in Toronto lol his departure means nothing to Toronto and i truly believe that bargnani can be a 20 point scorer in this league. I predict a 30 win team next season not great but not as bad as hes saying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sha wrote: View Post
    Let's not be too quick to judge here, the trading isn't over and Bosh was not the be all and end all of the team. Have some faith in BC and his team, the Raps might not be a championship team next year, but they have new legs and they just might surprise you.
    I've posted no personal opinions or commentary in this thread.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Introcollapse wrote: View Post
    We're better than CLE, Minny, GSW...come on. We can't get less than 8 if they don't first. LOL.
    15-25 wins at Max with the current players and this number can change if there is trade.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be good enough for top five draft lotto odds.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i think thats a little much saying we will challenge for the worst record. I would like to think that we have more talent then last year's nets who came close to doing it. Its really hard to predict win totals because you never know whats going to happen during the season. If I were to take a stab I would say 32 wins. I think people just write off the Raptors because we lost one meaningful player. Its like when the Blue Jays lost Roy Halladay, There was a win prediction by a pretty decent writer saying that the Blue Jays will only win 65 games this year. Well they are on track to win more than 65 but Im trying to say that the loss of one player shouldnt mean People writing articles portraying a franchise in disarray fighting for lottery position. A complete sale of assets should do that not the loss of one.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont know about challenging for the worst team in history but i have a hard time believing or thinking that we will win more then 24 games this year but as long as we get a high draft pick im happy

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TMZ video Chris Bosh — Smartest Guy in the NBA - Ouch

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=105863458
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie RAPT0RS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the Raptors really going to be that bad? Honestly, I don't think were too bad. Bosh is gone which means Bargnani will shine. He has been improving every single year. I expect that he gets near 20, and 7. Also, DeMar DeRozan has improved, big time. I read an article about him improving his jumpshot so that's good. Also, we have Sonny Weems, I think he's going to play a more important role. With the addition of Barbosa, that's an automatic boost on the offensive side wether it be off the bench or a starting role. As for the rooks, it's hard to tell for Alabi but I believe Davis can contribute maybe 8 and 6 if not more. Its all up to the defence.

I see the 2010-2011 Raptors to win 30-40 wins. Call me crazy but the Cavs won't really be a threat anymore and I don't think New York will be that great. Magic, Heat, Hawks, Celtics, Bucks, Bulls, Raptors, Wizards. There's going to be a fight for the 6th (if Chicago doesn't play well), 7th, and 8th spot between the Raptors, Wizards and Bobcats.

Yes, call me crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPT0RS wrote: View Post
    Bosh is gone which means Bargnani will shine.
    Why does it mean that? Bargnani regressed last season while Bosh was out of the lineup. Suddenly he didn't have the luxury of extra space due to the attention Bosh was getting. What changes? Who takes the heat off Bargnani?

I hope Andrea takes a step forward but I want it to be on the boards and defensive side of things. Adding a rebound per night isn't enough if the Raptors want to be competitive. Bosh's absence shouldn't be a negative on his defense, he'll have no excuse there if he doesn't show up.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

who comes out with this crap?! we are in a better shape then the Cavs, Nets, Wizards and Wolves.

Post Thanks / Like

Why are the Raptors better than the Nets, Wiz and Wolves again? The Wiz have John Wall and a guy at the 2 who can drop 30 on any given night, two stars. Beyond that they probably have as much youthful talent as the Raptors. The Nets have two massively talented big men in the paint and an all-star level PG. The Wolves certainly have as much talent and depth as the Raptors in my mind. The Cavs no doubt do not look as good as the Raptors right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Why does it mean that? Bargnani regressed last season while Bosh was out of the lineup. Suddenly he didn't have the luxury of extra space due to the attention Bosh was getting. What changes? Who takes the heat off Bargnani?

I hope Andrea takes a step forward but I want it to be on the boards and defensive side of things. Adding a rebound per night isn't enough if the Raptors want to be competitive. Bosh's absence shouldn't be a negative on his defense, he'll have no excuse there if he doesn't show up.
    I agree with you. I think he's going to have to step it up on the boards. As for the offense, hes going have more touches, but it's going to be up to him to take advantage of those opportunities. Hopefully he can get us 20 and 8.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    who comes out with this crap?! we are in a better shape then the Cavs, Nets, Wizards and Wolves.
    I agree with Apollo about the Wizards, they've got a pretty good team. Were talking about the first overall pick, Agent Zero and also Blatche who had great season. Not to mention, Hinrich off the bench and McGee who has great potential.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information