b/r: "Raptors Will Challenge the NBA's Worst All-Time Record"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b/r: "Raptors Will Challenge the NBA's Worst All-Time Record"

Last year, NBA fans became reacquainted with the 1972-73 Sixers—they of the worst single-season record of all-time, at 9-73—as the cover-your-eyes Nets threatened to challenge the ignominious record for most losses in a season.

This year, after losing Chris Bosh in free agency, the Toronto Raptors will be in the same position.

Last year with Bosh, the Raptors couldn't play defense worth a lick. According to John Hollinger of ESPN, the Raptors were the only team to give up an average of more than 110 points per 100 possessions. No amount of offensive proficiency could save a team that played D that terribly.

Now with Bosh gone and Hedo Turkoglu traded away to Phoenix (say what you will, but he averaged nearly 20-5-5 two seasons ago), the Raps will rely on Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Leandro Barbosa, and Andrea Bargnani as their main scoring threats.

If that lineup isn't inspiring much confidence in you, dear Toronto fan, there's a reason for that. Your team is going to be categorically awful this year, and the times of 40-win seasons will be a thing of the past for the next year or two.
    Source: Bleacher Report
    WINS?? HAHAHA right...
    0.00%
    10-20
    3.33%
    20-30
    33.33%
    30-40
    33.33%
    PLAYOFFS! (40-50)
    23.33%
    6.67%

Ouch!

Comment

IT'S THE BLEACHER REPORT!!

I don't think the Raptors are going to be horribly bad. They do have some talent, they are a very athletic team and they're going to win a few games just by getting out and running. I'd guess somewhere between 20 and 30 games, which is a far cry from vying for the worst record of all time.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Raptors will win 20-30 wins IMO. I HIGHLY doubt we'll get less then 8 wins.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          The Raptors will win 20-30 wins IMO. I HIGHLY doubt we'll get less then 8 wins.
          We're better than CLE, Minny, GSW...come on. We can't get less than 8 if they don't first. LOL.
          Joshua Priemski
          NBA blogger
          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
          www.RufusOnFire.com/
          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Can't believe you quoted Bleacher Report. I think Lebron James departure from the Cavaliers will prove too much this upcoming season.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Let's not be too quick to judge here, the trading isn't over and Bosh was not the be all and end all of the team. Have some faith in BC and his team, the Raps might not be a championship team next year, but they have new legs and they just might surprise you.

Comment

no way when you can score like the raptors there is no way you will be a bad team plus I think the raptors have gotten much better defensibly with the additions of alabi davis klieza and barbosa and by getting rid of turk.IDC what turk averages 2 seasons ago he averaged crap in Toronto lol his departure means nothing to Toronto and i truly believe that bargnani can be a 20 point scorer in this league. I predict a 30 win team next season not great but not as bad as hes saying
                ya dun noe

Comment

sha wrote: View Post
                  Let's not be too quick to judge here, the trading isn't over and Bosh was not the be all and end all of the team. Have some faith in BC and his team, the Raps might not be a championship team next year, but they have new legs and they just might surprise you.
                  I've posted no personal opinions or commentary in this thread.

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                    We're better than CLE, Minny, GSW...come on. We can't get less than 8 if they don't first. LOL.
                    15-25 wins at Max with the current players and this number can change if there is trade.

Comment

That would be good enough for top five draft lotto odds.

Comment

Yeah i think thats a little much saying we will challenge for the worst record. I would like to think that we have more talent then last year's nets who came close to doing it. Its really hard to predict win totals because you never know whats going to happen during the season. If I were to take a stab I would say 32 wins. I think people just write off the Raptors because we lost one meaningful player. Its like when the Blue Jays lost Roy Halladay, There was a win prediction by a pretty decent writer saying that the Blue Jays will only win 65 games this year. Well they are on track to win more than 65 but Im trying to say that the loss of one player shouldnt mean People writing articles portraying a franchise in disarray fighting for lottery position. A complete sale of assets should do that not the loss of one.

Comment

i dont know about challenging for the worst team in history but i have a hard time believing or thinking that we will win more then 24 games this year but as long as we get a high draft pick im happy

Comment

TMZ video Chris Bosh — Smartest Guy in the NBA - Ouch

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=105863458
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Are the Raptors really going to be that bad? Honestly, I don't think were too bad. Bosh is gone which means Bargnani will shine. He has been improving every single year. I expect that he gets near 20, and 7. Also, DeMar DeRozan has improved, big time. I read an article about him improving his jumpshot so that's good. Also, we have Sonny Weems, I think he's going to play a more important role. With the addition of Barbosa, that's an automatic boost on the offensive side wether it be off the bench or a starting role. As for the rooks, it's hard to tell for Alabi but I believe Davis can contribute maybe 8 and 6 if not more. Its all up to the defence.

I see the 2010-2011 Raptors to win 30-40 wins. Call me crazy but the Cavs won't really be a threat anymore and I don't think New York will be that great. Magic, Heat, Hawks, Celtics, Bucks, Bulls, Raptors, Wizards. There's going to be a fight for the 6th (if Chicago doesn't play well), 7th, and 8th spot between the Raptors, Wizards and Bobcats.

Yes, call me crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X