Ed Davis = Jermaine O'Neal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis = Jermaine O'Neal

I dont know maybe im alone here, but does anyone else see the comparison here? They are both built similarly and i really think Ed Davis develop the same kind of offensive game as well as defensively. Thoughts?

I think we now have Davis compared to Bosh, O'Neal, David Robinson, Mrs Robinson and who knows who else.

Okay I would like to compare him to Terry Davis his old man. I think that he is more skilled than his father was, will have a more productive NBA career than his father and make a lot more money doing it.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...daviste01.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

hey, if he's the next jermaine o'neal (minus the injuries) that would be awesome.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

O'Neal is much longer than Davis.

I would say Ed Davis is more like AJamison w/o the range on his J. Both came into the League hyped as versatile, explosive, slight build power forwards it's just that Jamison had more range on his J which Davis can manifest over time as his stroke is nice from 12-15 feet. Jamison has the better handle as well but both can run the court & block, change shots. Hopefully from now until training camp Davis hits the weights, court hard because he has the skill set to be very good, very fast.

Comment

Davis doesn't have the skillset of Jamison or O'Neal. Both those guys are/were dynamic scorers in their own way. Davis doesn't/can't hang his hat on offense. His game is defense. I like the Al Horford/Udonis Haslem comparisons.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            hey, if he's the next jermaine o'neal (minus the injuries) that would be awesome.
            Agreed! O'Neal had game before the injuries threw a crimp into his style.

I believe Davis will be a solid kid at both ends of the floor. I see potential in his offensive skills particularly in transition.

I think Davis should be given a shot at starting and I like Amir coming off the bench for a number of reasons including keeping his foul count down!
            Last edited by StaytheCourse; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 06:25 PM.
            Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Agree!!! Ed Davis should start with Amir coming in to back-up either Bargs or Ed...Depending on who else we get, we should let Dorsey do about 12-15 min a game...I wonder if were still gonna get murdered on the glass...?
              And Ed Davis ala Al Horford, will be nothing short of fantastic!!

Comment

I think Davis compares a lot to me, except he's much taller, more athletic and black.

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                O'Neal is much longer than Davis.
                I haven't seen either of them naked, so I just have take your word on that.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim, are you my long lost twin brother? Your description is bang on! LOL

Comment

Clipse2001 wrote: View Post
                    Tim, are you my long lost twin brother? Your description is bang on! LOL
                    You're a tall, athletic black man, too? Or not?
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      You're a tall, athletic black man, too? Or not?
                      Not. Short unathletic white guy. So probably not as long as O'Neal and Davis either. At least I'm being honest, LOL

Comment

That would be nice but as long as he rebounds and plays some D fans should be happy.
                        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Some of these comparisons are a bit out of control. Guys, Davis doesn't shoot like Jamison, not even close. O'Neal also had a better J.

As mentioned earlier, Davis is going to make his mark on D, and he'll be a solid scorer if he develops.

Comment

Dan wrote: View Post
                            Some of these comparisons are a bit out of control. Guys, Davis doesn't shoot like Jamison, not even close. O'Neal also had a better J.

As mentioned earlier, Davis is going to make his mark on D, and he'll be a solid scorer if he develops.
                            Mabey not now but he has all those in close flip shots, finger rolls & elevating dunks like Jamison plus with work on his J it will be as wet as Jamison's because his shooting form is straight textbook- it just takes reps. I still say Jamison- time will tell.

Btw- Davis is a top 5 talent that fell for whatever reasons and once training camp comes around he should be a little bit bigger, have his legs under him while being better conditioned in order to show his true talents which were pretty good for 6 months of rust due to his wrist injury. Utah, Indiana, Golden State will regret on passing him up. Davis will have a better career than Favors.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                              Mabey not now but he has all those in close flip shots, finger rolls & elevating dunks like Jamison plus with work on his J it will be as wet as Jamison's because his shooting form is straight textbook- it just takes reps. I still say Jamison- time will tell.

Btw- Davis is a top 5 talent that fell for whatever reasons and once training camp comes around he should be a little bit bigger, have his legs under him while being better conditioned in order to show his true talents which were pretty good for 6 months of rust due to his wrist injury. Utah, Indiana, Golden State will regret on passing him up. Davis will have a better career than Favors.
                              Jamison is an highly over rated scorer. He is a guy that scores in large numbers because of his high usage rate but does not score efficiently. His defense is average at best. His career offensive rating is only 110 which is nothing special at best. His career WS/48 is .118 about 20% above average.

He was supposed to be that piece to take the Cavs to the Finals if not win it. Yes Lebron had a bad series against the Celtics but Jamison didn't really help like he was expected to.

Don't get me wrong Jamison is a nice player who is his prime could jack up a lot of points but overall his inefficiency on offense and average defense only made in a slightly above average player.
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X