Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Barnesgate" Ends - Signs 2-Year Deal With Lakers (Update: Pg. 23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marz wrote: View Post
    May Raptor fans rejoice!
    Sometimes its the trades that fall through that are better than the ones that you actually make
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• I think Barnes is just trying to get more money from Cleveland- time will tell.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
        I think Barnes is just trying to get more money from Cleveland- time will tell.

Barnes reaches 2-year deal with Lakers

Free-agent forward Matt Barnes(notes) has reached agreement on a two-year, $3.6 million contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Lakers expect to receive a signed contract on Thursday night. The deal will pay him $1.7 million next season and give him a player option for $1.9 million in 2011-12
        http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...rsbarnes072210

I think he is just a CA kid at heart. He was born there, grew up there, went to UCLA.

Now he will have played for the Clippers, Kings, Warriors and Lakers. Just a CA kid at heart. Can't say that I blame him
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• After anyone who wants to beetch about this has had their say it can probably be closed and put in the 86 file

Comment

• I told yahhh!!!

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
            Matt barnes just signed with LA Lakers...another one bites the dust...
            What a joke raptors are becoming,I'm predicting not more than 20 wins..I'll put my house on it...

P.S

Chris Paul is available...lol..he ain't coming here.
            U know how in soccer there is the elite and garbage...yeah were the garbage..
            I called it...give me rep ppl...I told yah..

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...do-magics-matt

Anyway it sucks he went 2 LA..I bet kobe's happy,one less guard 2 guard him,now he has barnes and artest..wow!!!
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              I called it...give me rep ppl...I told yah..

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...do-magics-matt

Anyway it sucks he went 2 LA..I bet kobe's happy,one less guard 2 guard him,now he has barnes and artest..wow!!!
              Okay one applause for calling it. You don't get to rest on your laurels now that you have shown us that you are a guru.

What is your next call? We got to know

Comment

• weel,this now has nothing to do with the raptors. other than us being dooped again. payback for turkoglu?
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• this will be the 2nd person to have a confrontation and then join his team. Artest being the first
                  ya dun noe

Comment

• And the deepest pool in the league just got deeper. Big news in them signing to very nice bench pieces in Matt Barnes and Theo Ratliff.

Hassan wrote: View Post
                    this will be the 2nd person to have a confrontation and then join his team. Artest being the first
                    Raja Bell is still out there. I wonder who they'll sign next?

Comment

• another "twittered" signing...another failure
                      i am afraid that BC will turn on signing european players again....

Comment

• It seems twitter has been the downfall of the Raptors this summer, starting with Chris Bosh's free-agency slaps in the face of the franchise, to the Chandler-Diaw tease, to Barnes.

Have to point out though that the Raptors never officially announced any of the players before the papers are signed. The players were just too excited to be the first to let the world know of the news, even if the pen had no ink in the first place (not including Bosh).

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Raja Bell is still out there. I wonder who they'll sign next?
                          Thought Bell signed with the Jazz last week.

Comment

• Good signing for the Lakers. I would have figured that Barnes would have taken the cash and went to Cleveland.

Comment

• ^^
                              he was getting the same amount of money.

quirky fact: matt barnes actually has a younger brother who plays for the eskimos. there the lakers of the north!haha
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X