Let the Bosh "Wooing" Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the Bosh "Wooing" Begin

Looks like the Bulls and their fans are the first ones to put forth an extra effort to show their appreciation for Bosh. Didn't watch the game myself, but apparently Bulls fans spent some extra energy in applauding Bosh Saturday night hoping to "woo" him.

Chris Bosh didn't expect to hear any extra cheers from Bulls fans on Saturday night, but he got them anyway.

The Raptors star forward, and soon to be free agent, received a few extra claps from the United Center crowd during pre-game introductions and there's no question that plenty of Chicago fans would love to see Bosh sign with their favorite team this summer. The veteran forward admitted that, while he doesn't always pay attention to the hoopla surrounding his pending free-agency, he can feel the love.

"I'm not dumb and deaf," he said before the game. "I'm aware of what's going on and sometimes what people say. It's cool. Everybody here is really great and I hope they support me no matter what happens."
    Source - Click here

To date it seems like Bosh only gets attention when it's possible he could be going to an American team. It happened before his contract extension when sports writers down there were spreading rumors that Bosh wanted out, totally drooling over the idea of him landing on thier team. Now the cycle is repeating itself. Should Bosh stay he will vanish into the shadows once more, not appearing until his future contract is about to expire or the Raptors reach a platform where they cannot be ignored.

Comment

Meanwhile fans at the ACC can't figure out if he's a "max player" or not because apparently only Kobe, Wade and Lebron deserve that kind of money and apparently we can get "pieces" in return for Bosh.

I'm sure we can- but Minnesota received a lot of 'pieces' for KG including Al Jefferson and look how that worked out for them.

Comment

Minnesota was bad before that deal happened with a .390 win percentage. This is why Garnett wanted to go elsewhere. The Celtics threw a bunch of young talent at the Wolves with only one player of significance. Such a deal would not benefit the Raptors and the Raptors have more leverage than the Wolves did seeing how Bosh would have to leave $30M on the table to work a deal without the Raptors. Anyone who thinks Bosh is going to brush aside $30M needs to rethink things...

Comment

abstract wrote: View Post
          Meanwhile fans at the ACC can't figure out if he's a "max player" or not because apparently only Kobe, Wade and Lebron deserve that kind of money and apparently we can get "pieces" in return for Bosh.

I'm sure we can- but Minnesota received a lot of 'pieces' for KG including Al Jefferson and look how that worked out for them.
          Raps have more pieces than the Wolves did/do - so an Al Jefferson for Bosh would look a lot better here than in Minny. Not that that trade will ever happen.
          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
            Raps have more pieces than the Wolves did/do - so an Al Jefferson for Bosh would look a lot better here than in Minny. Not that that trade will ever happen.
            You're missing the point. You'd be giving up an elite PF for a bunch of complimentary pieces. The Raptors would subsequently become a team of complimentary pieces without one elite player that can demand the double team.

As a worst case scenario I'd be OK with it-- but not as a first option. Talking about a sign-and-trade or a trade-deadline scenario is ludicrous when you already have one of the best players in the league on your roster.

Let's just play this season out and see whether Bosh and the Raptors are a good fit for each other... right now I don't see any reason to say otherwise.

Comment

LOL why would Bosh go there when we beat them by 30 points. Wouldn't that make them more shit then us? Meaning we have a better chance at winning the championship then they do (i know, xD)?
              Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Working...
              X