Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Real Is The Kleiza Deal?

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How Real Is The Kleiza Deal?

Wacky Raptorland, again folks.

"My spies in Denver say there's no sign-and-trade with Kleiza, so scratch that one."

LINK: http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/18962933923"

"But Raps never announced Kleiza joining team -- it's possible they mutually rescinded offer."

LINK: http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/18962944764

Eric Smith:

"Seems strange that the Barnes deal flies in the face of the Kleiza deal & at the same time we've seen no OFFICIAL release RE: Kleiza. Hmm."

LINK: http://twitter.com/Eric__Smith/status/18964108844

What the hell is going on, yo??? I read, today, that the reason why Kleiza wasn't announced was because he's in his country, or sum'n like that. Also, the same for Barbosa, who's in Brazil. Weird.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the kleiza deal was rescinded, i like barnes better

Post Thanks / Like

Via Twitter
    @PDcavsinsider: Hold on just a minute, Barnes deal not completely done, says source. Issues with Orlando in sign-and-trade...
    PDcavsinsider

Raptors already used majority of mid-level on Linas Kleiza. If Raptors can't pull deal off w/ORL Barnes could re-consider Cavs offer.

Looks like things are getting messy, i think the picture will clear up within the week of whats going on with Kleiza and Barnes
    Last edited by Priest; Tue Jul 20th, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol what the hell is this very strange things.why would mat barned announce to the world he is a raptor if things were not well along ya it is kind of odd that raptors have not announced kleiza signing

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting from a fan's perspective but with the mess that was the Calderon trade scenario already, professionally, should things be this easily leaked/messy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Wacky Raptorland, again folks.

"My spies in Denver say there's no sign-and-trade with Kleiza, so scratch that one."

LINK: http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/18962933923"

"But Raps never announced Kleiza joining team -- it's possible they mutually rescinded offer."

LINK: http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/18962944764
    barbosa was announced he just has not been officially revealed to the media yet
    Eric Smith:

"Seems strange that the Barnes deal flies in the face of the Kleiza deal & at the same time we've seen no OFFICIAL release RE: Kleiza. Hmm."

LINK: http://twitter.com/Eric__Smith/status/18964108844

What the hell is going on, yo??? I read, today, that the reason why Kleiza wasn't announced was because he's in his country, or sum'n like that. Also, the same for Barbosa, who's in Brazil. Weird.
    barbosa deal is official he just has not been revealed to the media yet

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lopez wrote: View Post
    I hope the kleiza deal was rescinded, i like barnes better
    +1

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

why can't we have both? depth is good isn't it?

also we are going to be stuck in mediocre!!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course theres no sign and trade, the Raptors signed Kleiza to an offer sheet because he's a restricted free agent. Also the Raps can't rescind the offer after the offer sheet has been signed, if Devner doesn't match, Kleiza is in Toronto.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kennay wrote: View Post
    Of course theres no sign and trade, the Raptors signed Kleiza to an offer sheet because he's a restricted free agent. Also the Raps can't rescind the offer after the offer sheet has been signed, if Devner doesn't match, Kleiza is in Toronto.
    +1

The time for matching has passed.

I have not read anything saying that Denver matched.

It could be that Klieza still needs to complete the two last steps to finish off the deal

1. Pass a physical which may have to be done by an officially NBA sanctioned doctor. Therefore, not very likely that it could be done while he is in Europe.

2. League sign off on it which I believe, and I could be wrong on this, comes after he passes the physical. The reason is is that the results of the physical have to be forwarded to the NBA office. They check them and if the NBA is okay with that then the deal is done.

I think that the league approves or disapproves the financial side of the transaction before the physical, though again I am not sure of the order.
    '
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

this is just stupid why does this shit always happen to the raptors

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    +1

The time for matching has passed.

I have not read anything saying that Denver matched.

It could be that Klieza still needs to complete the two last steps to finish off the deal

1. Pass a physical which may have to be done by an officially NBA sanctioned doctor. Therefore, not very likely that it could be done while he is in Europe.

2. League sign off on it which I believe, and I could be wrong on this, comes after he passes the physical. The reason is is that the results of the physical have to be forwarded to the NBA office. They check them and if the NBA is okay with that then the deal is done.

I think that the league approves or disapproves the financial side of the transaction before the physical, though again I am not sure of the order.
    '
    Not to mention if the deal gets "rescinded" due to Kleiza not "passing" a physical, the Player's Association will be opening a whole world of hurt onto the Raptors. And it's just not professional. Kleiza will be a Raptor, whether you like it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    i concurr. it's frustratIng for once we can start mopving forward and bc is making all the right moves. but, they keep getting rescinded.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    lmfao this is really "+1"
    Yeah i agree its really an ongoing kick to the crotch if you're a raptor fan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote INFO wrote: View Post
    lmfao this is really "+1"
    Yeah i agree its really an ongoing kick to the crotch if you're a raptor fan
    I agree with the sentiment but all of this has to be laid on sources like Yahoo and ESPN and 24X7 news cycle.

But then Yahoo and ESPN are just the sports version of the LSM and their reliability on way too many things is just not there.

What is a fan to do?

Wait for the official team presser before jumping to any conclusions. Of course easier said then done
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The bobcats deal was a bit of a kick to the face, but the barnes deal is just a case of barnes posting shit on his twitter before he should have. I'm sure deals get to the point that this deal was at, and fall apart all the time, the only difference is that barnes tweeted during a step in the process that traditionally isn't covered by the media because they've learned from the mistakes of bad reporting. This is the problem with new social media, people haven't figured how to keep their fingers off the keys... Bosh 'Bron Wade and others have taken some heat (pun intended ) for the way they have used social media. I think in the future we'll see two things:

1) people will start think a little bit more about what they tweet in regards to their professional life.

2) people reading the tweets will take them less seriously.

something that is posted on a twitter account is the equivalent to a conversation at a bar, not the front page of the new york times.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I agree with the sentiment but all of this has to be laid on sources like Yahoo and ESPN and 24X7 news cycle.

But then Yahoo and ESPN are just the sports version of the LSM and their reliability on way too many things is just not there.

What is a fan to do?

Wait for the official team presser before jumping to any conclusions. Of course easier said then done

I think the blow up has more to do with barnes twitter than yahoo or espn. as per above.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I think the blow up has more to do with barnes twitter than yahoo or espn. as per above.
    You could very well be correct on this. Maybe this is just one reason why Barnes seems to not be able to stay very long with any one team. This to me raises a flag. If he was so good and contributed so much to the winning side of a team's ledger why don't teams hang on to him? Even Kwame and Darko have been a bit more stable then Barnes.

Post Thanks / Like

ya barnes is a dumbass for posting shit on twitter before it was finalized. this whole process feels so wierd. kinda of feels like a suspencefull Tv serial were the narrator asks questiosn at the end of the movie in a deep voice "why didnt kleiza sign?" "what will happen to matt barnes?" to find out tune into the next episode

Raptors Republic Rookie Mr.Grinch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MAtt Barnes IS what the raptors need!
    Last edited by Mr.Grinch; Tue Jul 20th, 2010 at 07:11 PM.

Thread Information