Toughness!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughness!!!

Nothing is offical yet,maybe matt barnes will be signed..but raptors need this guy badly.
    Bryan Colangelo has decide 2 go after guys that have little more edge 2 them.
    All the guys he has been going after,barbarosa,chandler,klieza,diaw,barnes...all tough players,play hard and defensive minded.
    I guess his decided that last years defense and toughness aren't that good...just look at calderon when bosh get annihilated.
    Check the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyWlSj7dFVA
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

I agree that adding Barnes would bring toughness. My question is.

Why hasn't he been able to stick win one team or at least only a few. He moves around more than a gypsy and that is no slight on gypsies but does in my mind raise a big read flag about Barnes.

Is the guy disruptive in the locker room?
    Does he give management and coaches a hard time?

There must be some reason that none of the teams that he has played for have worked hard to try and keep him.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

My guess is that he just likes the flexibility of short-term deals. He wanted to return to Orlando, but they chose to spend their money on Duhon and Q-Rich, so without the advantage of Bird rights, Barnes has no choice but to go elsewhere.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
        My guess is that he just likes the flexibility of short-term deals. He wanted to return to Orlando, but they chose to spend their money on Duhon and Q-Rich, so without the advantage of Bird rights, Barnes has no choice but to go elsewhere.
        Its not good to be an oddball.

To my knowledge no one else of any value does this in the league except for Drew Gooden.

Maybe his whole life is like that; i.e. non-committal. How can you trust a guy or gal like that? It makes it pretty hard.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
          Not so much that he prefers short-term deals. He was a second round pick in a weaker draft and has pretty much been playing for league minimum on short term deals, been a throw-in on a couple trades and also tried to cash in during the wrong summer (last year when everyone was being frugal waiting for this July).

Comment

Maybe he is a bit of a head case but I don't think he is a disruptive as areanas or RonRon. I don't see how a 1-2 year deal can hurt the raps (unless it's a bad trade or they give him too much money) we are in a rebuild mode and the guy is a hard worker. Bring him in. If we ship him out in a year or so, whatever
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I'm not too worried about someone who was a permanent starter on Orlando and was (reportedly) hotly pursued by Bryant and the Lakers. Orlando and his other previous teams have nothing but praise for the guy, and what he brings with him does seem like a great fit for the Raptors.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                I agree that adding Barnes would bring toughness. My question is.

Why hasn't he been able to stick win one team or at least only a few. He moves around more than a gypsy and that is no slight on gypsies but does in my mind raise a big read flag about Barnes.

Is the guy disruptive in the locker room?
                Does he give management and coaches a hard time?

There must be some reason that none of the teams that he has played for have worked hard to try and keep him.
                i think he doesn't want to commit to one thing for very long and he wants to win a championship and get paid so he moves around to teams that made deep playoff runs the year prior and signs for cheap short term deals and then the teams can't afford to pay him the money he wants so he floats to the next one or if he doesn't win a championship he moves on.

actually, i have no idea. but, i know he s the type of player we could use and if hes going to sign for one or two years and plays crap and is a shit disturber we can at least quickly move on. unlike with turkoglu we got lucky trading him
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                X