Big Move Brewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hassan wrote: View Post
    Gilbert is a very talented player and i think he has it in him to average 20+ a game next season
    It's hard not to average that when you take 50 shots a game.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      You certainly don't speak for me. As a fan of the Jazz from the Stockton and Malone era (from the beginning), I HATE seeing what they have become. A perpetually above average team with no hope of ever getting to the Finals. I hate when clubs basically give up trying for the brass ring. That's running the team like a business rather than a team. It's depressing as hell for fans like me who want the team to strive for excellence, not mediocrity.

I realize you're afraid of rebuilding, but what you're afraid of is not actually rebuilding, but rebuilding badly. If you've got a bad GM, then it doesn't matter WHAT he does, they're not going to be very good.

I'm not happy with a team that doesn't try and be the best. You obviously are.
      I completely disagree with the assertion that the Jazz cannot win a title. Derron Williams is a top 3 point guard (and arguably the best) in the league right now and they are only a piece or two away from contention. Boozer was a bad piece for them because he didn't play any defense but if you put a guy like Brook Lopez (for example) on that team today, they could challenge the Lakers in two or three seasons. Kirelenko expires this coming season and that clears a huge amount of space for them, so don't count them out just yet. Al Jefferson will be an adequate replacement for Boozer in terms of offense so I think you'll see them compete this coming season again.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
      X