No More "Re-Tooling" Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More "Re-Tooling" Please!

Let's go ahead with the line up we have now with or without Barnes and lets get the young gunz some playing time plus letting them develop. Whats the worst that could happen ? we could get a top 5 pick out of it !!
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Yeah.. Have you seen the Raptors draft history?

Toronto has never been one to just give up, we're going to find some way to contend, deal with it.

I'm a fan of earning your playing time, if you're good enough, you have no worries.. It's not stunting anyone's growth or development.

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
      Yeah.. Have you seen the Raptors draft history?

Toronto has never been one to just give up, we're going to find some way to contend, deal with it.

I'm a fan of earning your playing time, if you're good enough, you have no worries.. It's not stunting anyone's growth or development.
      Yeah because the aquisition of MATT BARNES was going to put us over huh ? yeah you're right with him in our line up we are going to kill this year !! It's time to re-build through the draft like good teams do and just because there have been mistakes in the past doesn't mean its going to happen again.

Im all for getting better but these trades, were we get the leftovers from other teams are just ridiculous. Toronto is turning into Indiana and thats just pathetic !

Herm Edwards

Comment

Did you bother to read the other thread? It's the same arguement.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Raptors should fire BC. Not now but at the end of the season. What kind of GM has to dramatically retool his team every year since going his club. Trading Charlie V first season. Trading his acquisition from the trade second year- T.J for Oneal. Trading that acquisition mid season. Losing that trade at end of year. Nine new players third year. Stinks of someone who is poor at management and building skills. This guy needs to go.
          "Winning isn't every thing, it's the only thing."

Comment

Courtside wrote: View Post
            Raptors should fire BC. Not now but at the end of the season. What kind of GM has to dramatically retool his team every year since going his club. Trading Charlie V first season. Trading his acquisition from the trade second year- T.J for Oneal. Trading that acquisition mid season. Losing that trade at end of year. Nine new players third year. Stinks of someone who is poor at management and building skills. This guy needs to go.
            Not to mention starting 2 PFs (Bosh, Bargs) the last 2 years without realizing that 1 of them should have been moved for a legit center.

BC's current misssion for an NBA center as so Barg's can move back to his natural PF position says it all about BC's Raptor vision. The Raptor's won the Atlantic in BC's 1st year then during the off season Boston made the major moves and TO has been in a below .500 freefall ever since losing their Franchise player to Miami in a chess game with Riley that started with the JO trade in which he played BC like a fiddle.

BC is mostly hype, not substance.

Comment

Umm I don't know about other fans but i for 1 would like to see a team that contend and not one that's going in the lottery(which doesn't guarantee a top 5 pick anyway)! Build through the draft like good teams do??? I dont think the Lakers have one back to back titles with players that they drafted or the Celtics have got there with players they drafted besides Rondo and Perkins! So that build thru the draft thing is bull, you build thru free agency, we have enough young players! Get some damn vets that can ball! Stop retooling??? Go watch hockey man

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                Yeah because the aquisition of MATT BARNES was going to put us over huh ? yeah you're right with him in our line up we are going to kill this year !! It's time to re-build through the draft like good teams do and just because there have been mistakes in the past doesn't mean its going to happen again.

Im all for getting better but these trades, were we get the leftovers from other teams are just ridiculous. Toronto is turning into Indiana and thats just pathetic !

You're giving off a superiority vibe, maybe you're just overcompensating for your lack of intelligence; You, sir, are forgiven.

Now, where did I say anything about Matt Barnes? Having an imaginary conversation with yourself there.. I simply said, Brian Colangelo is not done.

What trades were you talking about specifically? The Turkoglu deal was good all around, the Chandler/Diaw deal that didn't quite fall through, they were leftovers? How is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you don't give any examples of bad trades.

A little while ago people were talking about making 'Brian Colangelo is God' T-shirts, but now that it didn't fall through, people are back to hating the guy. Pick a side..

Nothing in the draft lottery is guaranteed, who's to say we get a top 5 pick.. That's a very ridiculous statement to make 'just because there have been mistakes in the past doesn't mean its going to happen again.' The Raptors don't have high-end scouting, they don't put the money in to it like other teams do, and I have already commented on how we should improve this..

You're just one of those people who think 'Oh, we should do this, because other teams do it and it works for them!' without actually thinking of the steps it takes to actually get there.. Everything isn't so easy just because you make it sound that way.

Comment

the only people in toronto that want teams to tank year after year are prob. leaf fans. & are saying the same things about brian burke. how can any competative sports franchise tank & still expect to get any gate revenue! im all for the young guns developing but they got to earn it like everyone else. no real raptors fan wants to see a team tank just in the vain hope that one of the young kids blossoms. the player may develop a few new moves & feal more cumfie but is that really good. they will also develop alot of bad habbits with a loosing culture surrounding them. LOOSING IS FOR LOOSERS & even our stars aka VC, CB4, TMAC were LOOSERS in T.O & have & will be LOOSERS were ever they go!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Raptors have a solid group of core players- Demar, Weems, Johnson, Belineni. Yes I did stay Belineni. However, as much as I like Andrea, I think he is a poor fit for the Raptors. He isn't a leader, good rebounder, defender and open court runner. Besides that #1 draft pick looms over him and the team like a recently used soccer sock. He needs to be traded for a legit center. I wish BC had traded Bosh Bynum.
                    "Winning isn't every thing, it's the only thing."

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                      You're giving off a superiority vibe, maybe you're just overcompensating for your lack of intelligence; You, sir, are forgiven.

Now, where did I say anything about Matt Barnes? Having an imaginary conversation with yourself there.. I simply said, Brian Colangelo is not done.

What trades were you talking about specifically? The Turkoglu deal was good all around, the Chandler/Diaw deal that didn't quite fall through, they were leftovers? How is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you don't give any examples of bad trades.

A little while ago people were talking about making 'Brian Colangelo is God' T-shirts, but now that it didn't fall through, people are back to hating the guy. Pick a side..

Nothing in the draft lottery is guaranteed, who's to say we get a top 5 pick.. That's a very ridiculous statement to make 'just because there have been mistakes in the past doesn't mean its going to happen again.' The Raptors don't have high-end scouting, they don't put the money in to it like other teams do, and I have already commented on how we should improve this..

You're just one of those people who think 'Oh, we should do this, because other teams do it and it works for them!' without actually thinking of the steps it takes to actually get there.. Everything isn't so easy just because you make it sound that way.
                      Im giving a sense of superiority?? Read your own post bud HAHA, first of i know u didnt say anything about Barnes but u said your all for re-tooling or whatever so "the Raps can compete" and second i have never thought anyone would think a top 5 pick was bad. I also like how you say the Raps have bad scouting ha ha .

You must have behind the scene access huh? You must also be able to look into future too since u thinkthey are going to fuck it up ? how is DD,Bargs and Ed Davis bad picks BTW LOL

The Turk trade is bad for Weems and Derozan because we are going to use him as a 2 guard and not to mention we have 27mill invested in the Point Guard position now because he is listed as a PG .

If im one those people that"Oh,we should do this because other teams do it and it works for them" then u must one of those people that "oh i think i know everything because i watch a lot of basketball and i blog on the internet"Haha . Keep arguing about how we should keep trading for scrubs and how a top 5 pick would be bad for the Raps it's really helarious

Herm Edwards

Comment

What is the point of talking about tanking when we even don't know how the team is going to look like in training camp. People have a tendency to forget that NBA is a business first and then something else. Raptors are not owned by a billionaire that wants to do everything to get a ring. It is owned by MLSE (Teacher's pension plan) and their sole scope is to make money. Tanking means less money. Toronto is a city where you don't have necessary to win to attract spectators, all you have to do is to play hard. If Raptors shows any sign that they will tank this season, probably the season ticket sale will drop significant. The same will go for other incomes (i.e. advertising).
                        Plus tanking is not going to instill the winning culture into the young gunz. They will learn that sucking is just fine ... the reward is a high lottery pick. This is just so wrong. Just go out and compete as hard as you can. Step on LeBron toes, make CB4 cry or (re)broke his nose ... just don't give up!

Comment

i think were retooling around a more solid core. were keeping DD,Sonny,Davis,Alabi, and were trying to keep bargnani,jack, (dorsey?). well, were either trying to trade the oiher guys or their expiring deals.

well, were trying to put some solid pieces to help out this core (nice addition in kleiza, highly unlikely, but, barnes?)through trades and free agent signings.

much better in my opinion then trying to build around bosh
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

@rdiaz101

A vast majority of your sentences make little to no sense at all.. Put some more thought in to your posts. Bargnani was obviously a bad choice if you look at everyone else in the first round in that draft.. You obviously don't follow basketball much, because you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.. With the Turk trade, we got rid of a bad contract (along with the bad attitude), we got TPE, and Barbosa is younger.

To finish up, I like Demar and Ed Davis. Though, they were fairly easy picks to make, Demar was projected to go 9th.. Ed Davis projected to go a lot earlier, and therefore they would have been stupid not to pick him.

Again, what scrubs, and again.. When was I against a top pick. I want our team to compete, if any Raptors fans want our team to give up before the start of the season so we can get a good pick, then they obviously aren't real fans. This is the only forums I'm on, though, I do watch a lot of sports. I also play a lot of sports. I play basketball for hours every day.. I follow it closely because it's my favorite sport, and I enjoy doing so.. You're blatantly attacking my character, I merely stated a fact about your views on this matter based on what you said in your previous post. Real classy.

If you were a basketball fan, you would never want your team to lose, winning doesn't always come easily so you have to try to compete year in and year out, it's not easy getting a franchise player in the draft.. It could take years, and with Toronto being the only Canadian basketball team, who's really going to wait that long.
                            Last edited by Ryan_1523; Wed Jul 21, 2010, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Courtside wrote: View Post
                              The Raptors have a solid group of core players- Demar, Weems, Johnson, Belineni. Yes I did stay Belineni. However, as much as I like Andrea, I think he is a poor fit for the Raptors. He isn't a leader, good rebounder, defender and open court runner. Besides that #1 draft pick looms over him and the team like a recently used soccer sock. He needs to be traded for a legit center. I wish BC had traded Bosh Bynum.
                              Colangelo is a horrible gm and should be fired for Kevin Pritchard the mastermind of Portland Trailblazers. BC has no vision, he says he wants to move AB to PF yet resigns Amir, drafts another PF and attempts to trade for another one (Diaw). Amir Johnson would be the 3rd PF on the depth chart making 7 mill a year. Last year it was Hedo, although Hedo was a great player in Orlando, giving a 5 year deal to a 30 year old usually isn't a great idea. Even if Hedo had a great year this season that would still be a bad contract. The year before that was trading the wrong point guard (TJ Ford) and aquiring Jermaine. I didn't mind the trade but how can you trade for a player that would send your NUMBER 1 OVERALL DRAFT PICK TO THE BENCH. Above that you ask the coach to play an up tempo style with O'neal and CB4. Makes no sense whatsoever. If it wasn't for that 47 win season he would be fired by now. The ONLY REASON they were good that year is because of their phenomenal point guard play. TJ and Jose were an amazing combo and hard for other teams to adjust due to their different playing styles yet BC trades him away destroying their only advantage over other teams. This guy has no vision, he does things on the fly and hopes they work out. Please fire him while Kevin is still available

Comment

Working...
                              X