The Star: Depth a major factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Star: Depth a major factor

if they keep getting that kind of effort, the kind of play that led to 48 points from subs in a ridiculously easy 110-78 win in Chicago on Saturday, things may indeed get turned around for the 9-13 Raptors.

"We're a team and everybody has to be ready to play," said Chris Bosh, who rested the whole fourth quarter in the rout of the Bulls. "When any of our teammates gets out there, we need to push each other."

Toronto's bench has been quite productive for most of the season. While there are nights when none of them really haven't had it going, coach Jay Triano can usually count on one of Belinelli, Johnson, Jarrett Jack or Antoine Wright to do something to help the team.
    if they keep getting that kind of effort, the kind of play that led to 48 points from subs in a ridiculously easy 110-78 win in Chicago on Saturday, things may indeed get turned around for the 9-13 Raptors.

"We're a team and everybody has to be ready to play," said Chris Bosh, who rested the whole fourth quarter in the rout of the Bulls. "When any of our teammates gets out there, we need to push each other."

Toronto's bench has been quite productive for most of the season. While there are nights when none of them really haven't had it going, coach Jay Triano can usually count on one of Belinelli, Johnson, Jarrett Jack or Antoine Wright to do something to help the team.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ors-right-ship

I agree, there is a lot of talent on the bench. When Reggie gets ready to roll they will have some added toughness. Thoughts?

It's nice to have teams with injuries and good match-ups for the Raps to show up on the schedule just when the team needs a lift and was mad at themselves for crappy play.

Can't read too much into beating the Bulls. Let's see what they do against Altanta on Friday!
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I agree, there is a lot of talent on the bench. When Reggie gets ready to roll they will have some added toughness. Thoughts?
      Just like everyone thought with the starting line-up, the second unit we knew was going to take time to mesh as well. I'm not going to get too ahead of myself and think a performances like Saturday night will be a regular occurrence, but if we did get more similar performances rather than not then I'd be extremely happy.

Regarding Reggie, I personally think there's quite a bit of pressure on him once he comes back. Not from the team or the coaching staff, but from the fans. I'm thinking this injury is alot more severe then what's being mentioned in public and that fans are going to be very disappointed when he is back in the fold.

And no, my name isn't Swami and I don't have a crystal ball. Just a hunch.

Comment

Working...
      X