Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Amir - Yao Ming Back In Town… And Changing Diapers

Yao Ming back in town… and changing diapers

Shanghai’s favorite son is back in the city for a charity tour, and he took some time out from doing good to boast about his diaper-changing skills

By Jessica Beaton 21 July, 2010

Shanghai-born, 2.26-meter, All-Star center and Shanghai Sharks owner Yao Ming is back in his hometown this week to prepare for his much-publicized charity tour for his 2008-founded Yao Ming Foundation, while also checking in on the Shanghai Sharks' operations before the upcoming Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) season.

In town with seven other NBA players -- Baron Davis, Brandon Jennings, Hasheem Thabeet, DaJuan Summers, Amir Johnson, Aaron Brooks and Chase Budinger -- the group is in China to raise funds for the Yao Ming Foundation.

I can change my daughter's diaper with just my toe, can you believe that? When baby cries at night, I just kick my wife and everything is miraculously done
    — Yao Ming

The guys are raising money doing what they do best: playing basketball. The group will play two matches, reports Chinese news agency Xinhua, the first with the Chinaese national basketball team in Beijing on July 23, and then with Yao Ming’s Shanghai Sharks in Shanghai on July 28.

Funds raised for the Yao Ming Foundation will be committed to rebuilding six schools in China's Sichuan Province that were affected but the Sichuan earthquake, as well as providing scholarships for students and develop sports programs there.
    cont

http://www.cnngo.com/shanghai/play/y...diapers-284266
    Off 2 China .... Stay Tuned For NEW Footage on Amirtv From China .... 20 minutes ago via Echofon
    http://twitter.com/IamAmirJohnson
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

A couple of photos from his previous trip to China

This was was posted on Raptors Republic on 8/24/09

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CBYQ9QEwAA

Here is one of the group including Nash

Go to link for more photos including some of Nash

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CBgQ9QEwAQ
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Message: @IamAmirJohnson lookin swoll on the streets of Beijing!

If the photo doesn't show up you can go to the link

http://tweetphoto.com/34353239

Comment

http://tweetphoto.com/34376939

Comment

Yao Ming to lead charity game in Beijing

Xinhua, July 23, 2010

Chinese basketball star Yao Ming will lead a charity exhibition game in Beijing on Saturday to raise funds for the Project Hope in China.

The exhibition game, to be held in the National Indoor Stadium, will feature a host of NBA big names, including All-Star guard Steve Nash from the Suns, the promising star Brandon Jennings from the Bucks, Clippers'talisman Baron Davis, as well as Yao's Rockets teammate Chase Budinger. The Chinese national basketball team are to take on the NBA-star team.

"When I was in Houston I took part in some charity activities with the team, which really impressed me a lot. Charity activities gave me a sense of satisfaction and success," said Yao in a pre-game press conference on Thursday. "So I also want to do something for my country, for children in Chinese rural areas who really need help."

In order to fulfill his desire to help Chinese children in need, the Houston Rocket center launched the Yao Foundation in 2008 and helped to build six Project Hope elementary schools in the past two years. Saturday's game is a part of the Yao Foundation Charity Tour. The tour will also include a charity banquet on Friday night and another exhibition game in the city of Taipei next Wednesday.

"It's my second year with the charity tour. That is always Yao Ming, not only a great basketball player but also a great person, doing all these to the kids in China, I'm happy to be here to do all we can," said Davis.

Davis' support to Yao was also echoed by Toronto Raptors' Amir Johnson. "This is my second time back for Yao Foundation, I'm very honored to be back in China for the children.I will do my best to get Yao a show," said the 23-year-old Johnson.
          cont on link

http://www.china.org.cn/sports/2010-...t_20561818.htm

Comment

Message: Me in the big homie @Baron_Davis about 2 start the Yao Ming charity game...#LAUNIFIED

http://tweetphoto.com/34590865

Comment

Amir is in the background sitting

Message: Only halfway up and we had to take a water break. @dsummers35 @ilananunn

http://tweetphoto.com/34812881

IamAmirJohnson

Jus finish going up the great wall... I made it like a mile up..it coolest thing I ever did!!!#totallyawesome about 3 hours ago via Echofon

Comment

The convo went something like this:

Guy: Are you Kobe?!

Amir: No I am not Kobe.

Guy: Do you know Kobe?!

Amir: yeah I know Kobe, in fact I have played against him.

Guy: Wow, can you ask Kobe to send you his authograph and then give it to me?!

Comment

Working...
                X