Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Chi-Por-Tor

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Chi-Por-Tor

    Would you do this trade? I would in a heartbeat:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...move-fernandez

    I'm not sure who the author is but would seem to me to have a TOR bias.

    CHI: Fernandez (Chicago is one of the 5 teams he reportedly would like to be dealt)

    POR: Calderon, J. Johnson

    TOR: Pryzbilla, Bayless, 2011 Chicago 1st round.

    I would do it for a 2nd round pick or no pick.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    done and done

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    done and done - sign me up

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Portland gives Pryzbilla, Bayless, AND Fernandez and all they get back are Calderon and James Johnson? Completely overlooking the fact that Portland won't be trading any of their big men given injury history, does anyone think this is a fair deal for the trail blazers?

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie Fon Riego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Portland gives Pryzbilla, Bayless, AND Fernandez and all they get back are Calderon and James Johnson? Completely overlooking the fact that Portland won't be trading any of their big men given injury history, does anyone think this is a fair deal for the trail blazers?
    Rudy is thinking about coming back to Europe, he's tired of McMillan. Won't be a bad trade at all to Portland but I'm with you it's still a little unfair...maybe that Chicago's pick to Portland instead Toronto could made it...:/

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Portland gives Pryzbilla, Bayless, AND Fernandez and all they get back are Calderon and James Johnson? Completely overlooking the fact that Portland won't be trading any of their big men given injury history, does anyone think this is a fair deal for the trail blazers?
    Hey, I'm in agreement. I would jump on this if BC/TOR but I can't see POR doing it.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    chi just signed kyle and ronnie I dont think they need fernadez

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why not just forget chicago and deal with Portland.

    J. Pryzibilla
    J.Bayless
    R.Fernandez

    for

    Jose Calderon
    M.Bellenelli
    Dwayne Jones
    2nd round pick or 1st round pick from(maimi)

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Why not just forget chicago and deal with Portland.

    J. Pryzibilla
    J.Bayless
    R.Fernandez

    for

    Jose Calderon
    M.Bellenelli
    Dwayne Jones
    2nd round pick or 1st round pick from(maimi)
    I'd do that too.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With all due respect, the chances of Portland doing this trade is 0.

    Pryzbilla is seriously valued in Portland for his work on the boards and on the defensive end. Plus they need insurance for Oden/Camby if they get hurt. Bayless and Fernandez are both young, talented players with more potential than anyone that they'd receive back from Toronto and more manageable contacts to boot.

    Why would Portland want to pay Calderon $8 million to play 12-15 minutes a game behind Andre Miller?
    Bellinelli is a worse version of either Fernandez or Bayless, minus the potential, and Jones would never crack their rotation. Throwing in a 2nd rounder or a late first rounder does not coming anywhere close to sweetening that deal for Portland.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Rookie Fon Riego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    With all due respect, the chances of Portland doing this trade is 0.

    Pryzbilla is seriously valued in Portland for his work on the boards and on the defensive end. Plus they need insurance for Oden/Camby if they get hurt. Bayless and Fernandez are both young, talented players with more potential than anyone that they'd receive back from Toronto and more manageable contacts to boot.

    Why would Portland want to pay Calderon $8 million to play 12-15 minutes a game behind Andre Miller?
    Bellinelli is a worse version of either Fernandez or Bayless, minus the potential, and Jones would never crack their rotation. Throwing in a 2nd rounder or a late first rounder does not coming anywhere close to sweetening that deal for Portland.
    I agree with you 100%...just want to remember that Rudy won't come back to Portland. If he isn't traded, he'll come back to Europe, for sure. He's tired of being in McMillan's dog house...
    That make the deal a little better to Portland, but I'm not sure that's enough.

    EDIT: Despite trading Webster, Matthews signing made it clear for him to go out of the Trail Blazers.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For sure.
    I'm not saying that Fernandez won't be moved, and it may even be for less than his "true value" considering that he'll probably just jet for Europe if the Blazers don't trade him... but they're not packaging him with Bayless and Pryzbilla (expiring contract, btw) for a pu pu platter from Toronto.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    With all due respect, the chances of Portland doing this trade is 0.

    Pryzbilla is seriously valued in Portland for his work on the boards and on the defensive end. Plus they need insurance for Oden/Camby if they get hurt. Bayless and Fernandez are both young, talented players with more potential than anyone that they'd receive back from Toronto and more manageable contacts to boot.

    Why would Portland want to pay Calderon $8 million to play 12-15 minutes a game behind Andre Miller?
    Bellinelli is a worse version of either Fernandez or Bayless, minus the potential, and Jones would never crack their rotation. Throwing in a 2nd rounder or a late first rounder does not coming anywhere close to sweetening that deal for Portland.
    I'm not sure you a) know the history of McMillan and Bayless/Fernandez, b) know Andre Miller's strengths and weaknesses, c) know Portland's game style (slow/half court) and need at PG (shooter), and d) are aware McMillan has already hinted that Bayless and Fernandez are as good as gone.

    With that said, I do not think this trade would happen for many of the same reasons you said, however, a Jose Calderon-type PG is exactly what Portland needs.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    T.O
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, I would do this trade.
    Seems fair, we're trading away a bad contract for 2 players + a pick.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default They have plenty of bigs...

    Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Why not just forget chicago and deal with Portland.

    J. Pryzibilla
    J.Bayless
    R.Fernandez

    for

    Jose Calderon
    M.Bellenelli
    Dwayne Jones
    2nd round pick or 1st round pick from(maimi)
    The reason I prupose this deal...is portland has plenty of bigs and there looking for pg,even though they have andre miller,they never like him..just ask Nate McMillan,also they lost steve blake.....raptors are looking for deals that involves centers..that's one of teams I could think of...maybe clippers Kaman.
    I dont know...honestly...this team has no direction...15 years of garbage...

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Would you do this trade? I would in a heartbeat:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...move-fernandez

    I'm not sure who the author is but would seem to me to have a TOR bias.

    CHI: Fernandez (Chicago is one of the 5 teams he reportedly would like to be dealt)

    POR: Calderon, J. Johnson

    TOR: Pryzbilla, Bayless, 2011 Chicago 1st round.

    I would do it for a 2nd round pick or no pick.
    Bosh will return to the Raptors before Portland does that trade. Toronto bias is an understatement
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  17. #17
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The value of the players listed from Portland is much higher than the value from Toronto's.

    Fernandez > Belinelli
    Bayless > Jones + first rounder

  18. #18
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tha Blazers let Blake go because they have Bayless waiting in the wings to play the 1. The Blazers like Miller just fine and for the contract that he had, he's solid production for that team. It would make no sense for them to have Miller and Calderon on that team. Portland might have an excess of bigs, but they're just not gonna give guys away.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •