Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps Not Making The Playoffs?

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/0...-rise-in-east/

If This Prediction Were To Come To Fruition.... The Top 8 In The East Would Be...

Miami
    Orlando
    Chicago
    Atlanta
    Boston
    Milwaukee
    New York
    Charolette

Is This A Fair Assessment? No Raptors In The Top 8? So Where? 9? 10?

If no more changes are made to the roster (highly unlikely) I would be willing to accept this fate... but with one or 2 more pieces I can see a 7th place finish.... I dont see Milwaukee finishing ahead of NY personally.

Where you see the raps next season?
    1st-3rd
    0.00%
    4th-5th
    0.00%
    6th-7th
    17.39%
    8th
    17.39%
    9th-10th
    26.09%
    11th-12th
    8.70%
    13th
    13.04%
    14th
    4.35%
    15th
    8.70%
    16th
    4.35%
    "Ball"

How would NY finish ahead of Milwaukee? NY's got... Amare and... scrubs. The Bucks are a deep team that do things like play defense.

I don't even think NY makes the playoffs without significant further changes. Amare's not gonna vault them into contention by himself.

Toronto>NY right now.

Do I think Toronto makes the playoffs? I would hedge towards no. But if they can add another productive player either via the TPE or a Calderon trade... maybe then can.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

12th

Comment

I don't know, yet, as I havn't seen them play an NBA game, yet. Do I hope? Yeah. Will I be mad if they don't? No. I just wanna see effort and entertainment, maybe dash a little smart-basketball in there, and I'm straight.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Throw a vote on the poll!
          "Ball"

Comment

I see the Hawks and Celtics regressing, though not out of playoff contention. I do not see New York climbing into playoff contention or past the Raptors to get into the playoffs. I can see Charlotte slipping a bit as well. The faster, younger, more athletic Raptors will be freed of expectations. (I saw one power ranking that rated them 29th in the league, only ahead of Minnesota for 10-11.) There are 36 minutes of playing time that the roster will be looking to get a piece of and while there will be growing pains through the first part of the season this team will grow up a lot and challenge toward the end of the season.

Comment

With or without CP3?

It could happen

Not saying it will but CBS sports that CP3 wants out of New Orleans before the 10-11 season.

I will withhold more exact predictions until October other than to say the Raptors will make the playoffs.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I dont think NY will finish ahead of T.O. Just because i think Amare will experience the Nash effect and see his numbers drop. Not to mention he doesn't play defense and I don't see anyone on their roster as the X factor to bring them into playoff contention this year barring any trades/signings they pursue. With that being said, the Raptors this year (on paper) seem to be a team dedicated into role players who work hard on both ends (not named Bargnani). This could lead them into a good battle for the 8th spot which i would be thrilled about even if they get swept out of the first round. Playoffs will bring good experience to the team and will help the building process tremendously. I would even say anything close to a playoff seed would be considered a successful season too just because of how we just lost our Franchise player. Many people will want a 20 win season for draft picks. We have to remember we have 2 first round draft picks this year. Using these two picks and a trade asset BC could use these to leverage the team's position into a top 10 pick if we aren't in there. So playoffs should be a realistic goal of the team because when draft day comes we could still potentially get a top 10 pick.

Comment

hey.... ill make a new poll if we land a CP3....Ill make 5. until then.... participation is greatly appreciated. :P... seriously tho. go get cp3 already.
                  "Ball"

Comment

Miami
                    Chicago
                    Orlando
                    Atlanta
                    Boston
                    Milwaukee
                    Charolette
                    Toronto

Comment

Ican see why a person who doesn't watch the Raptors much would think they are a bunch of scrubs, No one whould have given the Buck much hope last year and they were suprisingly decent. This team will suprise a few people.

Comment

If the Raps make another addition i would hope so, but with the team they have right now probably not . I think they will be 10-13th with the team they have right now.

Comment

I'll wait until most of the rosters are finalized and training camp starts.

Comment

I see them finishing off at either 9 or 10.
                            As a long time Raptors fan, I can honestly say that this is not the worst we've ever been. They won 16 games in the 97-98 season, the year after Damon left. I don't think this roster is anywhere as bad as the one we had that year.

Toronto is sadly now used to mediocrity. With the Leafs, Jays and Argos being so pitiful, the Raps just not finishing last will be a great accomplishment.

Comment

Everyone is still sleeping on Philly. Pound for pound, starter for starter they have top tier talent. Whether they can play together or whether Doug Collins can figure out how to mesh all that young talent remains to be seen. They have more promising talent than any team in the East outside of MIami, Orlando, Atl and Chicago.

Charlotte is going nowhere fast as well.

It's pretty hard to try and project what the raptors might or might not do with so many unproven players. Even if someone guessed the right number of wins it doesn't mean they aren't a prophet.

East is going to be a joke next year though. I predict the biggest win/loss differential between the East and West in NBA history.

Comment

Working...
                              X