Three Day Apple Detox Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Day Apple Detox Diet

Anyone ever try this? What you do is eat nothing but apples for three days but not just any kind of apple, they have to be a certain type. Red Delicious is an example of a good apple to use due to it's properties. And they should be organic or so I'm reading. I'm no pro. So you eat these apples for three days, as many as you need. The more the better even. You drink lots of water. Then at the end of the three days you down two table spoons to half a cup of olive oil (I'm not kidding)... Anyway, by the end of it you're supposed to feel like a million bucks. It's supposed to completely cleanse your body of toxins and impurities which in turn boosts your energy levels, increases your immune system, etc. My girl friend and myself are going to do this over the weekend... Personally, I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy so this will be a challenge. Will debrief you on the horrors of this plan on Monday... Maybe sooner if I fail.

I'd love to hear the results, mostly because I think all detox diets are a load of crap. Have fun with your diarrhea!

Comment

Thinking is one thing, knowing is another.

Comment

Hahaha go for it Apollo! let us know how it works!

Comment

You'll be peeing cider within 36 hours.

Comment

Oh, so we were invited to a BBQ tomorrow evening. Apple detox has been postponed to next weekend. I need one last outing of ball franks, steaks and MGD's before I do this...

If anyone would like to try it out in the meantime and let me know of any ill side affects by all means.

Comment

Just finishing off the third day, started Tuesday. No diarrhea, no problems. Going to play hockey in a bit so my energy levels haven't even been affected that much. Did it do anything? Hard to say right now. I do need to take the olive oil tonight... Big meal schedule planned for tomorrow though.

Comment

Did you lose any weight over those 3 days?

Comment

Let me know please how it goes, this is very intriguing.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Did you lose any weight over those 3 days?
                    Yeah, I lost a little weight. I had last weighed myself at 174lbs and the day after it was done I was 169lbs. You're not supposed to do much physical activity while doing this, I guess to conserve calories, but I didn't listen to it. I went for a walk on day one and two and on day three I played ice hockey for an hour... I was exhausted afterward though.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                      Let me know please how it goes, this is very intriguing.
                      I feel like it cleaned out my body if nothing else. I had a great weekend. Felt great. Don't know if I'd do it again but who knows. It's a great test of will power. I'm not eating another apple for a while though. Book it.

Comment

Im doing it...thanks

Comment

If you're doing it, I found it helped to peel and core a bunch of apples in advance and throw them in a ziplock bag or airtight container. I did it during the work week and found it made life easier because I was busy during the day and wasn't thinking about being hungry or craving a burger or a steak or whatever... Although somebody had a birthday so there was cake floating around and a guy came around with donuts later while I was doing the three day. It was hard saying no to that. lol I don't think I would try this on a weekend because I would have too much free time on my hands. The morning after it was done I had a big breakfast and followed it up later with a matcha tea smoothie at Booster Juice. I felt better than normal after that.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I had a cup of coffee each day which from what I read was fine. I drink mine black, no sugar or cream, so I don't think that got in the way of what I was doing but made life a lot easier.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Mon Aug 9, 2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Anyone ever try this? What you do is eat nothing but apples for three days but not just any kind of apple, they have to be a certain type. Red Delicious is an example of a good apple to use due to it's properties. And they should be organic or so I'm reading. I'm no pro. So you eat these apples for three days, as many as you need. The more the better even. You drink lots of water. Then at the end of the three days you down two table spoons to half a cup of olive oil (I'm not kidding)... Anyway, by the end of it you're supposed to feel like a million bucks. It's supposed to completely cleanse your body of toxins and impurities which in turn boosts your energy levels, increases your immune system, etc. My girl friend and myself are going to do this over the weekend... Personally, I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy so this will be a challenge. Will debrief you on the horrors of this plan on Monday... Maybe sooner if I fail.
                            I was on a serious diet 7 years ago. And yes, I have tried eating apples in a day. Actually, what i had a fruit diet. I ate 1 apple a day with few teaspoons of condensed milk to make it taste better. The following day I had a watermelon and other fruits. I was not eating rice during weekdays. But every weekend was a cheat day for me because I don't want to totally deprive myself from eating the usual food I eat. However, it's not only limiting what you eat to reduce weight. You should also have an exercise. So every morning, I did 25 sit-ups and in the evening after work, I did a 30-minute exercise in my room. In four months 25 lbs were reduced from my body. Unfortunately, I was not able to maintain my work out But I was able to maintain the figure I wanted. After 2 years, I gave birth and luckily was able to return to my old body. However, after my second baby, I wasn't able to lose weight anymore. I don't know...maybe because of my age that metabolism is getting slow. I don't have enough time to do some work outs again because I'm working and at the same time taking care of my kids. I am trying to limit my food intake but still, my weight is not going down. I am now doing some research on the best way to lose weight. I am considering an organic way to detox though I'm not really sure how effective it is. Please try to check this out and let me know what you think of their products. Thanks in advance.
                            Last edited by blueoceanic; Sat Jun 21, 2014, 07:47 AM. Reason: grammar checking

Comment

i did a detox once and i didn't poop for 3 days and then the floodgates opened and i had to take a day off work
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X