Thread: vBulletin 4

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default vBulletin 4

I am not going to get into a full review of this because it is not my place

However, I did want to make a couple of comments about Vbullentin 4.x

1. I know that there are a number of skins available for VB 4 that can alter the appearance of the forum.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...lletin-4-Skins

2. If it hasn't been considered yet vBESO is a very good plugin for VB 4

http://www.vbseo.com/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. We looked at VBSEO, but that plugin was designed more for sites using 3.x, which was terrible at SEO. A lot of the stuff from VBSEO is incorporated by default in 4.x. That was one of the major reasons for the upgrade.

As for the look, we'll try to preserve the look we had last week. It'll just take some time.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the change. From what I've read some people might not like the cosmetic change but in terms of functionality, I hear no complaints. I like the functionality. We should all thank the guys for the work they put in on this. It's excellent.

... I liked the old smilies though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I like the change. From what I've read some people might not like the cosmetic change but in terms of functionality, I hear no complaints. I like the functionality. We should all thank the guys for the work they put in on this. It's excellent.

... I liked the old smilies though.
    I would have phrased it "If anyone would care to give a shout out of thanks to the guys and gals working on this project I know that they would appreciate it. Thanks" rather than the more authoritarian way in which you phrased it. Just saying.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. We looked at VBSEO, but that plugin was designed more for sites using 3.x, which was terrible at SEO. A lot of the stuff from VBSEO is incorporated by default in 4.x. That was one of the major reasons for the upgrade.

As for the look, we'll try to preserve the look we had last week. It'll just take some time.
    Fair enough. My guess is that VBSEO may have some nice things coming out in future releases to enhance VB 4.X. Never hurts to keep an eye out from time to time on these things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I would have phrased it "If anyone would care to give a shout out of thanks to the guys and gals working on this project I know that they would appreciate it. Thanks" rather than the more authoritarian way in which you phrased it. Just saying.
    This immediately came to mind:

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^lmfao!! *ZING*

As for the new look...I like it man! Crisp and clean. it may take a while to get use to, but it's sharp imo. Shout out and many thanks to Arsenalist and the other admins who continue to make this a dope ass site!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the colours.

The background of the little online button next to the names doesnt match.

The white message box on top of the purple-mauve background doesnt look good.

The icons next to the different forums and posts are bulky and awkward looking.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Give us a little time guys and we'll tweak a few things here and there hoping to please everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

looking much better

Raptors Republic Rookie Arenick's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how the site looks now. Much more refined. Good job guys
    Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Thread Information