X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 4

I am not going to get into a full review of this because it is not my place

However, I did want to make a couple of comments about Vbullentin 4.x

1. I know that there are a number of skins available for VB 4 that can alter the appearance of the forum.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...lletin-4-Skins

2. If it hasn't been considered yet vBESO is a very good plugin for VB 4

http://www.vbseo.com/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Thanks for the suggestions. We looked at VBSEO, but that plugin was designed more for sites using 3.x, which was terrible at SEO. A lot of the stuff from VBSEO is incorporated by default in 4.x. That was one of the major reasons for the upgrade.

As for the look, we'll try to preserve the look we had last week. It'll just take some time.

Comment

I like the change. From what I've read some people might not like the cosmetic change but in terms of functionality, I hear no complaints. I like the functionality. We should all thank the guys for the work they put in on this. It's excellent.

... I liked the old smilies though.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I like the change. From what I've read some people might not like the cosmetic change but in terms of functionality, I hear no complaints. I like the functionality. We should all thank the guys for the work they put in on this. It's excellent.

... I liked the old smilies though.
        I would have phrased it "If anyone would care to give a shout out of thanks to the guys and gals working on this project I know that they would appreciate it. Thanks" rather than the more authoritarian way in which you phrased it. Just saying.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          Thanks for the suggestions. We looked at VBSEO, but that plugin was designed more for sites using 3.x, which was terrible at SEO. A lot of the stuff from VBSEO is incorporated by default in 4.x. That was one of the major reasons for the upgrade.

As for the look, we'll try to preserve the look we had last week. It'll just take some time.
          Fair enough. My guess is that VBSEO may have some nice things coming out in future releases to enhance VB 4.X. Never hurts to keep an eye out from time to time on these things.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            I would have phrased it "If anyone would care to give a shout out of thanks to the guys and gals working on this project I know that they would appreciate it. Thanks" rather than the more authoritarian way in which you phrased it. Just saying.
            This immediately came to mind:

Comment

^^^^lmfao!! *ZING*

As for the new look...I like it man! Crisp and clean. it may take a while to get use to, but it's sharp imo. Shout out and many thanks to Arsenalist and the other admins who continue to make this a dope ass site!

Comment

I don't like the colours.

The background of the little online button next to the names doesnt match.

The white message box on top of the purple-mauve background doesnt look good.

The icons next to the different forums and posts are bulky and awkward looking.

Comment

Give us a little time guys and we'll tweak a few things here and there hoping to please everyone.

Comment

looking much better

Comment

I love how the site looks now. Much more refined. Good job guys
                      Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Working...
                      X