No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Ed Davis 7th Best Rookie In Summer League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caracter was a fouling machine. Agree he was top 10 but maybe a bit high. Cousins struggled against the only team with talented and experienced bigs (Tdot) to me that should be a small re-flag (though his numbers were nice). Sanders, Davis, Wall looked like potential studs, all things considered.

Comment

Landry Fields will be a solid NBA player ala Rick Fox as he is fundamentally sound. 2 sleepers from Vegas that TO should look at for camp invites are SFs Charles Garcia(Seattle U- a versatile, athletic) & Micah Downs(Gonzaga- an athletic freak).

Davis is one of the top 5 players from this past NBA draft in my mind but the Rap's currently have Amir & Bargnani at PF although Bargnani can play center BC wants to move him back to his natural PF position. If TO acquires a real NBA center this off season that will push Davis down the depth chart even further.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
        although Bargnani can play center BC wants to move him back to his natural PF position.
        Bargnani is no longer a 4. Get that through your head. He's a stretch 5 with pretty good quickness at the center spot and who has shown solid potential when guarding power based 5s.

He's way too big, slow, and unathletic to match up against your typical 4. He also doesn't have the post game to punish smaller players. If he lost 25lbs and learned how to jump more than 5 inches, he might have the athletic package to defend most PFs.

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
          Bargnani is no longer a 4. Get that through your head. He's a stretch 5 with pretty good quickness at the center spot and who has shown solid potential when guarding power based 5s.

He's way too big, slow, and unathletic to match up against your typical 4. He also doesn't have the post game to punish smaller players. If he lost 25lbs and learned how to jump more than 5 inches, he might have the athletic package to defend most PFs.
          Bargnani is a 7ft stretch 4- think he's a NBA center, well that's on you because if you ask CBosh if Bargnani is a certified NBA center you'll most likely get a different response. Fyi- BC is the one trying to acquire a center as to move Bargnani back to- as per BC "his natural PF position"- get that through your head or not.

You don't have to try to tell me about Bargnani's game as I have watched him ever since he came into the NBA and I am very familiar with his game's positives & negatives.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
            Bargnani is a 7ft stretch 4- think he's a NBA center, well that's on you because if you ask CBosh if Bargnani is a certified NBA center you'll most likely get a different response. Fyi- BC is the one trying to acquire a center as to move Bargnani back to- as per BC "his natural PF position"- get that through your head or not.

You don't have to try to tell me about Bargnani's game as I have watched him ever since he came into the NBA and I am very familiar with his game's positives & negatives.
            Please, give me a breakdown of why Bargnani at this stage in his career is a natural 4.

Comment

Shades of gray. At the 5, he doesn't use his quickness nearly enough to say that it's an advantage. If he opts for the jumper less and actually use the quickness less, then I can be with you. On the other hand, at 4 he faces shorter players and is more comfortable using his post-game, which is what I like to see more of.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                Shades of gray. At the 5, he doesn't use his quickness nearly enough to say that it's an advantage. If he opts for the jumper less and actually use the quickness less, then I can be with you. On the other hand, at 4 he faces shorter players and is more comfortable using his post-game, which is what I like to see more of.
                Regardless, his bread and butter remains a long jumpshot, or pump fake followed by a one/two dribble then pull up, generated by some kind of kick out. The move is effective because of his quickness advantage relative to the opposing team's center. If you have him matched up with PFs consistently, he'll have less clean looks and his effectiveness will drop. It's just a fact.

Comment

Regardless, his bread and butter remains a long jumpshot, or pump fake followed by a one/two dribble then pull up, generated by some kind of kick out. The move is effective because of his quickness advantage relative to the opposing team's center. If you have him matched up with PFs consistently, he'll have less clean looks and his effectiveness will drop. It's just a fact.
                  All teams have to do is switch their PF onto Bargnani and their center onto Amir and his bread will have no butter. Btw, a center- in your words, whose bread & butter is a LONG JUMP SHOT? Bargnani is best suited as the 1st big man off the bench as he can play either PF or C and go mostly against 2nd teamers or tired 1st stringers.

*Here's your breakdown- because BC is looking to acquire a center as so Barg's can start at PF ie failed TChandler deal, his natural position as per BC.

Comment

Working...
                  X