Thread: Good GMs Don't Hang On To Draft Busts Forever, They Fix Their Mistakes And Move On...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good GMs Don't Hang On To Draft Busts Forever, They Fix Their Mistakes And Move On...

what will it take for you to hope bargs gets traded ?

im not sayin bargs isnt a good player, or bc shouldnt hav drafted him... im sayin if he has the spotlight and is just average, how long before you start hoping for a trade?

bosh used to get the doubled and pushed around and somehow still got his 20 n 10... bargs isnt playing with another big who demands attention... hez gona get roughed up some games...

or do you think we just keep him no matter what b/c it would look too embarrassing for BC to have to trade his boy ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Give Him a Year

I think we should give him at least this year to show if he can perform when the spotlight is on him and Bosh gone. He's a very gifted offensive player but his defense and rebounding really hurts us. If he doesn't show much more growth then I would trade him because he doesn't fit with our more athletic and defensive minded team that Colangelo is trying to assemble for the future. I'm sure a lot of teams could use him, not necessarily staring but as a sixth man.

Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A bust in a year of draft busts he may be, but he provides fair return for his pay. A good GM doesn't ditch an underperforming #1 pick if he can pay him a fair wage for fair production.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

his stats r ok... but he doesnt fit the team

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't label Andrea a bust. 17 and 6 as being a second option is pretty solid. I would think that being the top banana he would top the 20 ppg mark next season and 7-8 boards next season. There are a lot of teams out there that would give up a lot to get Andrea.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes. Another Bargnani Numero Uno Pasta thread.

How my raps will this one gather?

It is the summer so maybe the number will be a little lower.

I am going for : Just one second

The number that keeps popping up is 53 raps on this thread.

Could it really get that many?

Rap away me droogs.

http://artistic-destruction.xanga.co...4242b154791503
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

This topic has been beaten to death. Just to keep things interesting, perhaps the thread should be re-titled "Is Colangelo losing faith in Bargnani?" just to make it more interesting. The answer to that question would be, 'yes', but not enough to trade him just yet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i think bargs could be a 20 n 10 player... but that's not what im asking... my question is lets say bargs gives you 20 n 5 for the next season and we finish in the basement... how much time do you let pass before you openly say "hey i think we should trade this guy"

i think if he was playing in phx, dal, or gsw he could be potentially an all-star or all nba 3rd team

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

wat else is there to kill time with ?

a thread about how this years raps will be better than last years based on numerical ppg projections ?

Raptors Republic Rookie Mr.Grinch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, you cannot say that he does not fit this team, simply because this is his team right now! so ye

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
    Okay, you cannot say that he does not fit this team, simply because this is his team right now! so ye
    Bargnani isn't really a good fit for any team if you expect him to be anything more than a 6th man.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

BC's love affair with Bargnani is his undoing, if so many teams are inquiring about Bargnani then move him now. Bosh was playing next to a stretch 4 for the past 2 years not a center. Jay's preferential treatment of Bargnani and/or his lack of player accountability via BC doomed the Rap's.

Bargnani & Calderon for Dalembert and maybe a #1 draft pick........gives the Rap's a real center plus salary cap relief for 2010-11 while giving Sacramento a pg to play with Tyreke and stretch 4 to play with DeMarcus. Sacramento could use some veterans to go along with their young players.

Or Bargnani, Calderon, TPE for Paul & Okafor.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ideally, Bargnani is a third banana on a good team. Talks of him being a bust or being a franchise player are both unfounded.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the Raps sign T-mac!!!!lol!and no i totaly disagree that he is a sixth man! He is the best player on this team right now!give him some respect!

Post Thanks / Like

Plus, good GMs are confident with the choices they make

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    what will it take for you to hope bargs gets traded ?

im not sayin bargs isnt a good player, or bc shouldnt hav drafted him... im sayin if he has the spotlight and is just average, how long before you start hoping for a trade?

bosh used to get the doubled and pushed around and somehow still got his 20 n 10... bargs isnt playing with another big who demands attention... hez gona get roughed up some games...

or do you think we just keep him no matter what b/c it would look too embarrassing for BC to have to trade his boy ??
    Funny I was thinking about this too and what if ED developes into a star PF? we all know AB cant play cenre (traditional). Will we still start him at the 5 and go through the same pains we went through with Bosh/Andrea? or will BC try and get a centre and play a 3 big man rotation? We know how AB felt about that during the Bosh/JO/AB rotation (lack of minutes) and Sam got sacked for it.

Reality is 3 point is very nice coming from your centre so are the drive bys and lay ups, but the bread and butter for the 5 is the post game; rebounding, blocks weak side defense and and that comes with it.

Andrea doesnt roll to the basket when someone takes a shot, he has almost no weak side defence and his rotation on the defnesive end is flat out bad. I would rather have Frye, less skilled than AB but a lot cheaper.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO the real rebuiding/retooling/repersonalizing/etc. of the franchise will begin once (if ever) BC completely loses faith in Bargnani, for as long as he's on the floor for us, we have a glaring hole in our defense (worse when combined with Jose). His defensive IQ, specially on help situations, is too low for him to be anything but a source for offense off the bench. He gets by because he's 7ft. If he wasn't, then he'd be in the same situation Belli is in right now, for different reasons.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus, good GMs are confident with the choices they make
    darko milicic

should joe dumars have just kept him no matter what ? is joe dumars not "confident" b/c he traded the 2nd overall pick in the deepest draft class of all time after he recognized darko wasn't a good fit ?

it doesnt matter how you answer cuz look up nba champs in 2004 (a year after drafting darko) and look up who the gm was and how they beat the lakers with shaq, kobe, karl malone, n gary payton (4 hall of famers) in 5 games w/o a star on their team...

the confidence comes from recognizing early that you made a mistake, and dealing with it... the insecurity results in hanging on to that mistake forever hoping it will get better to make YOU look better...
    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Jul 23rd, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thomas1 wrote: View Post
    Reality is 3 point is very nice coming from your centre so are the drive bys and lay ups, but the bread and butter for the 5 is the post game; rebounding, blocks weak side defense and and that comes with it.
    +1000000000000000000000000000000

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

"the confidence comes from recognizing early that you made a mistake, and dealing with it... the insecurity results in hanging on to that mistake forever hoping it will get better to make YOU look better..."
    If it's one thing we've learned about BC, it's that he is not shy about cleaning up his mistakes. Perhaps, he disagrees with you and doesn't think Bargs is a mistake. (At least not yet)
    Weird.

Thread Information