Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Should The Raptors Sign?

Here's a decent list of the remaining FA: NBA.com - FREE AGENT TRACKER

Keeping in mind that the Raptors only have a $1.9M of the MLE left, who would you like to see them sign? The vet minimum is another option if they wanted to sign two players. There is also always the option of a S&T. Below is a list of names who caught my eye, while keeping in mind that the Raptors could use help at SF and Center. I omitted Josh Howard due to character issues, injuries and the fact that the Wiz have lots of good PGs and that's the Raptors' most expendable asset right now. I also omitted Anthony Tolliver because the Warriors need all the help in the middle they can get. They won't let him go. Anyway here's the list:

1. Jarvis Hayes (F): Would be excellent coming off the bench. He rebounds, defense is solid, can score a little, good size, what more could you ask for at his probable price?
    2. Rodney Carney (GF): Upside alert. He might not get many minutes but he would have an opportunity to make strides on the practice court playing with Sonny and DeMar.
    3. Vladimir Radmanovic (F): Outside scoring took a blow when the team lost Bosh and Turkoglu. Vlad might help the second unit scoring.
    4. Sean May (FC): I have to admit, I have a soft spot for May. I thought he would tear up the league and instead tore up his body. He has talent and the size to play center. He might be worth bringing in and sitting on the bench at the least.
    5. Adam Morrison (F): I know, I know, you hate him. So what? The guy has talent and maybe just needs a fresh start in the place where he could at least compete for minutes here and there.

How about:
    Centers:
    Hayes, Chuck (short but good defensive guy)
    Przybilla, Joel

Forward:
    Martin, Kenyon (rebound guy)
    Wilcox, Chris

Guard:
    Redd, Michael (I know i know injured....he is 30 a veteran who could "backup" at small forward or guard to produce offense)

Comment

Redd and K-Mart picked up their options. Sorry, the list isn't perfect and I should have mentioned that.

Comment

dang the NBA.com gave me hope now crush my dreams... >_<

Comment

A Sign and Trade for McGrady would be an excellent move, we could give new york Jose( a passing pg which is essential for Amare to excell with! so ye, and i would have loved to see Micheal Redd join the raps but too bad
          http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

why sign and trade Tracy if we can get him for 0.99 cents?

Comment

I say none. Make trades to fill the positions we need. Otherwise, suck it up with what we have for now, until the opportunity for trades come later on.

And please, no T-mac. Not that the guy would want to play for the Raps again anyway, but if we were serious about developing the young guys, he's the last thing we need.

Comment

I appreciated Adam Morrison's passion and his work ethic. I never understood why the Lakers never played him. He is kinda slow but he has an uncanny ability to create shots for himself. Sorta reminds me of a Larry Bird maybe minus a couple of basketball IQ points. I would like to know everyone's thought on Mr. Ammo. Cheers!

Comment

jlongs wrote: View Post
                  I say none. Make trades to fill the positions we need. Otherwise, suck it up with what we have for now, until the opportunity for trades come later on.

And please, no T-mac. Not that the guy would want to play for the Raps again anyway, but if we were serious about developing the young guys, he's the last thing we need.
                  arent we tired of developing? and whoever does develop will move to another team for an opportuinity to win! CB4 was the latest
                  http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

I wouldnt sign any of those FA. theres a reason there all thats left LOL

i would however entertain trade senerio's to bring in a top tier player or two

that would exclude TMAC already LOL

Id like to see jose traded & for a TRUE center if possible

& if we cant use the TPE on a PG then run Banks/Barbosa as the backups for JJ & use the TPE on a wing player

Comment

lol adam morrison looks like a hillbilly

I think we should get amundson he brings hustle and defence
                      ya dun noe

Comment

None of these players should be a Raptor next season.

Comment

Does Bargnani have a younger brother?
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I heard Erick dampier might be released

Comment

allen iverson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X