Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Leprechaun - Shaq Signs With Celtics (Post #6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Leprechaun - Shaq Signs With Celtics (Post #6)

Veteran free agent center Shaquille O'Neal -- the future Hall of Famer without a team -- has been lobbying the Boston Celtics aggressively, still trying to convince them that his addition would help their quest to win another NBA championship.
    "He only wants to go to a team with a chance to win it all,'' one source said. "That's a short list. Even for the money, he's not going to a non-contender.'
    Source: FANHOUSE

he apparently wants 8 mill. a season which turned off atlanta, dallas.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Neither of those teams are allowed to spend that much on him. I don't get it. He wants to play for a contender but doesn't want to make the concessions to allow for it to happen. All this coming from a guy who at one point was making $30M/yr as salary.

Comment

#Celtics appear to be close to signing Shaquille O'Neal. Will have the story up shortly.
        Source: A. Sherrod Blakely's Twitter Page

Comment

Actually he wanted the full mid level exception, but no contender can give him that obviously.
          Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Comment

Shaq To Sign With Boston Celtics

Shaq agrees to sign with the Celtics.

http://nbaprimetime.com/shaquille-oneal-expected-to-sign-with-celtics/3622/

Comment

I think its kinda funny that Boston is slowly becoming the NBA version of a retirement community, obviously if all these players were in their prime (Shaq, KG, Pierce and Allen) then they would be more talked about then the big 3 in Miami.

Comment

its true but its not like they are going out and signing guys like iverson or t-mac who cant provide much if anything.

they are signing guys who can still provide significant stats and minutes.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Boston, once healthy, is now the team to beat in the East & the NBA followed by Miami, LAL & Orlando in no order. The Celtics still have Rasheed's contract to trade for even more talent- most likely a back up swing man.

Perkins(inj)/SO'Neal/JO'Neal
                  Garnett/Davis
                  Pierce/
                  Allen/Daniels/Wafer
                  Rondo/Robinson/Bradley

Comment

These dudes are battled tested and true. They're warriors. And Shaq will be more effective on a defensive-minded team like the Celtics. They've gotta be considered the favourites in the East. And that's okay with me.

Comment

I think that the raptors are screwed now. We wont win a game against the celtics because of the C's having JO, SHaq, and perkins, and us having bargnani.

The Celtics are going to be the best defensive team mabye ever. This is gonna be messy for miami on opening night.

Comment

why isnt the other thread combined with this one?

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                          Boston, once healthy, is now the team to beat in the East & the NBA followed by Miami, LAL & Orlando in no order. The Celtics still have Rasheed's contract to trade for even more talent- most likely a back up swing man.

Perkins(inj)/SO'Neal/JO'Neal
                          Garnett/Davis
                          Pierce/
                          Allen/Daniels/Wafer
                          Rondo/Robinson/Bradley
                          i dont understadn how they still have sheeds contract hes retired his contract is vioded no?

Comment

I love this trade, it is pretty brilliant for boston. The one thing older veterans can do is play d, toronto should have scooped him up lol. They are gonna have the best d of the decade.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              i dont understadn how they still have sheeds contract hes retired his contract is vioded no?
                              RWallace hasn't filed his papers yet plus he may still come back to Boston nexy season as per Shaq. But if Rasheed does eventually retire Boston can trade his contract before he files then the team who he's traded to may get some sort of cap relief as will Boston depending on what they receive in return for Wallace.

Comment

Working...
                              X