CP3 - My Theory On What Is Going On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP3 - My Theory On What Is Going On

I wonder if all of this is not a self promotion by CP3.

Lets look at the facts that have transpired over the last couple of seasons as they relate to CP3.

A couple of seasons ago CP3 was hailed by the basketball media and fans as the next great thing.

He led the Hornets to a very good season into the playoffs.

Since then the league has seen a number of things happen related to CP3.

1. A huge influx of young exciting talented PGs over the last two seasons capped off by John Wall this season.

2. The emergence of Rajon Rondo as one of the top PGs in the game

3. Deron Williams almost getting to the NBA Finals

4. CP3 being injured and during that time being replaced by the quick and charismatic Darren Collison for a number of games.

5. The Hornets falling from one of the ESPN spotlight teams to just another out of the limelight also ran lottery team

As a result in just two short years CP3 has fallen from being a NBA media and fan darling to just another very good and injured PG with a not so good team.

I think that CP3 wants to get back into the limelight.

This whole show is one way of starting to do it. A trade to a very good team would be the next logical step for him in an attempt to regain his former place in the limelight as one of the NBA's elite players.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Jul 24, 2010, 02:06 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I just got this email from Steve Kyler at Hoopsworld on this.

On 7/24/2010 10:57 AM, Steve Kyler - HOOPSWORLD wrote:
    >XXXXXXXX
    >
    > Its funny... Jeff Bower and I had this very same conversation... then he
    > got waxed.
    >
    > Chris is prideful and competitive and wants to be seen as a winner, so
    > sure... a lot of this is LeBron in his head saying your bigger and better
    > than this, you can force their hand.
    >
    > Dwight's gonna pull something like this too... you don't hire Dan Fegan to
    > play good soldier... you hire Dan Fegan to protect your interests.
    >
    > Steve
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
    X