When Raptors Fans Are Sad, They Can Always Look To The TWolves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Raptors Fans Are Sad, They Can Always Look To The TWolves

So, with Kahn's recent blunder, I realized that things could be much worse. And this is my silver lining post for... this decade.

Let's start from the first time I said "who the hell is the GM in Minni?"

2008 draft night. With the third pick, the Timberwolves select OJ Mayo.

"Nice pick! He and Big Al are going to be a really nice tandem to build around."

The Timberwolves have traded OJ Mayo for Kevin Love.

"W..T..F?... Isn't Kevin Love a PF? Isn't OJ Mayo as much a guarenteed All-Star as you'll get? Isn't Kevin Love overweight, undersized, and lacking athleticism?"

Fast forward to the next draft...

With the 5th overall pick, the TWolves select Ricky Rubio (PG).

"Wow... that is nuts... Ricky falling to 5th is probably the biggest draft boon in a decade... who the hell was the 5th overall pick last year? Oh yeah, Kevin Love... well, at least McHale can't screw THIS one up..."

With the 6th overall pick, the TWolves select... Johnny Flynn (PG).

"Oh dear god. WHY? WHY?? Apparently the wolves think this is a fantasy league: 'If I stack PGs and PFs we'll lead the league in assists, rebounds, pts, and fg%!'"

For more facepalm: With the 18th overall pick, the TWolves select... Ty Lawson (PG).

You'd think when replacing McHale, they'd pick someone with executive experience. Oh no. Not at all. Not only did they not bring in anyone with management experience, they didn't even bring someone in with court experience (let along another HoFer). No, they pick a sportswriter.

Enter Kahn.

At least he can't make the same mistakes McHale did, right? Right?

Summer 2010: The Timberwolves aquire Beasley from the Heat...

"Okay, you already have your potential all-star PF playing out of position and injurying himself constantly because of it... for what? at best a role playing undersized big. What on earth are you going to do with a drug addicted, malcontent, undersized, underdriven PF in Beasley?"

The Timberwolves trade away Jefferson for 2 future first round picks and Koufos to Utah.

"Oh good, let's just get rid of your ONLY potential all-star for... a centre who you immediately announce you don't actually want (good luck if you can't find someone to take him... it's good to know the twolves are consistent with alienating incoming players...). Two future 1st rounders from Utah with Big Al. Apparently, Kahn thinks he'll be able to make a couple good mid-20 picks..."

"Well, at least they can't mess things up any more..."

The Timberwolves have signed free agent Ridnour.

"Err... so that's twenty PGs now? Oh wait, sorry, that's just Flynn, Sessions, Ridnour, and the rights to Rubio. Yes, this is the best way to entice a potential world phenom to join your team... have him compete for minutes with 3 other potential starters at his position."

So Rap fans, when you are sad. When you are down. When you wonder how many more broken trades you can handle. When you are on the tip of losing your sanity. Just remember one thing: at least you aren't a twolves fan.

I think you are way misunderestimating the capabilities of Rambis and Laimbeer. If any two guys can get Beasley and Darkos' heads in the right place it is those two. My money is on them.

If Rubio joins them next fall then their move up in the standings will be excelerated.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Jul 24, 2010, 04:22 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

This thread is depressing, its not like people in Iraq are saying to make themsleves feel better "well at least this isn't Afghanistan".

At one point the Wolve's went deep in the playoffs when they had KG, Spree and Cassell, while the Raptors only managed to get to the second round once so thus far in the long run they are more successful franchise then we are.

Comment

Trying to make sense of the T-Wolves over the past few offseasons is like watching Donnie Darko for the first time

Comment

Working...
        X