Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convicts Escape Jail Guarded By Mannequin

LINK

Two convicted armed robbers escaped from an Argentine prison that was so understaffed that it was using a dummy dressed as a guard.

"For an obvious strategic reason we could not say it before, but now the news is out, I admit that we have a type of mannequin," director of penitentiary service Daniel Verges told Britain's Guardian newspaper.

Last week Walter Pozo and Cesar Andres reportedly scaled a wall, put on coats and blended in with visitors leaving the jail. Only two of the prison's 15 watchtowers have guards so the dummy was used to increase the sense of security.

"We've made a dummy out of a football and a prison officer's cap, so that the prisoners see its shadow and think they're being watched," a guard told the Rio Negro newspaper. "We named him Wilson, like in the film Cast Away, and put him in one of the towers."

In addition to the lack of staff, many of the monitors and cameras weren't working or didn't have tape to record with.
    RR OG

hahaha, wow that is sad.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

This is an actual legit story? Lol. Seems like something you'd see in the movies, doesn't it?

Comment

I think they need to make a reality tv show about the two towers that have guards...that would be amazing...

Comment

Working...
        X