Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jennings And Johnson Lead NBA All-Stars In Victory Over Chinese Men's National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jennings And Johnson Lead NBA All-Stars In Victory Over Chinese Men's National Team

Jennings shines in China-NBA charity game
    English.news.cn 2010-07-25 06:21:02 FeedbackPrintRSS

BEIJING, July 24 (Xinhua) -- Milwaukee Bucks star Brandon Jennings scored 23 points to give his team, composed of NBA stars, a 101-95 victory over Chinese men's national team here on Saturday.

The 21-year-old Jennings sank 10 out of 17 shots, pocketing a match-high 23 to shine in the charity-oriented game, which witnessed an exchange of players from both sides in the second half.

Toronto Raptors' Amir Johnson added 21 for the NBA star team which also featured All-Star guard Steve Nash from the Suns, Clippers' talisman Baron Davis, as well as Chase Budinger and Aaron Brooks from the Houston Rockets.
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13413660.htm
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

meh good for Amir, even though its a meaning less game and is played by an opponant worse then the worse team in summer league.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      meh good for Amir, even though its a meaning less game and is played by an opponant worse then the worse team in summer league.
      Meaningless game? What are you doing to raise money for charity this summer?

The exhibition game is part of the Yao Foundation Charity Tour aiming to raise fund to help improve educational environment for poor children in Western China.

The tour also includes a donation-raising banquet on Friday, with a total of some 9.94 million yuan raised through charity auctions, and another exhibition game in the city of Taipei next Wednesday.

The Yao Foundation was established in 2008 in the aftermath of the devastating earthquake in China's Sichuan Province.

The Foundation has helped to rebuild six schools in the quake-stricken area. According to the NBA All Star center, three schools have been completed, and the remaining three are to be completed by September.

Besides helping build schools, the Yao Foundation also commits to providing scholarship for students and help youth develop their sports talent.
      Then again maybe you consider raising money to help the needy as meaningless. I guess it takes all kinds

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13413660.htm
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I am sure Hotshot meant "meaningless" in the context of level of competition.

Its good these guys go around helping. I know a bunch of them did parts of Africa last year. S. America needs them too.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          I am sure Hotshot meant "meaningless" in the context of level of competition.

Its good these guys go around helping. I know a bunch of them did parts of Africa last year. S. America needs them too.
          Yes that is what I meant, meaningless in term of competition not in terms of its significance.

For someone who claims to be a fan of Buddah, you sure get angry pretty fast... were you once known as Arnie Shankman?!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Yes that is what I meant, meaningless in term of competition not in terms of its significance.

For someone who claims to be a fan of Buddah, you sure get angry pretty fast... were you once known as Arnie Shankman?!

That is very funny.
            What do you say Buddafan? A little over sensitive aren't you?

Comment

Working...
            X