X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grading LVSL Part Two

Grading LVSL Part Two

By: Luke Byrnes Last Updated: 7/23/10 3:57 PM ET

With summer league play now in the rearview mirror, HOOPSWORLD continues to rank the team performances from the Orlando Pro Summer League and the Las Vegas Summer League. You can check out Alex Kennedy's grades from Orlando here and Part One of the Las Vegas Summer League grade here.

Here is Part Two of the Las Vegas Summer League grades…

Toronto Raptors (5-0): A

Apparently even the Raptors summer league squad can score and score quickly. This group averaged 98.8 points per game and cracked the century mark four times in five games and won its five games by an average of 14 points per game. DeMar DeRozan and Sonny Weems provided the Raps summer league squad with tremendous athleticism and scoring ability, averaging 21 and 17.5 points per game, respectively, and shooting a combined .505 (56-111) from the field. First-round pick Ed Davis looked really good, running the floor and finishing the break while being active on the defensive end of the floor. He finished summer league third on the team in scoring (12.6 ppg), and second in rebounding (6.0 rpg), blocked shots (1.8 bpg), and field-goal percentage (.632). Second-round pick Solomon Alabi is still a work in progress offensively (although he shot .585 from the field), but rebounded the ball well and protected the rim. Journeyman point guard Bobby Brown was tremendous offensively, making 25-37 (.676) field goals while averaging 12.4 points and four assists (to only 1.4 turnovers) per game. Joey Dorsey continued to be a beast on the glass, averaging 9.8 rebounds (four offensive) in just 20 minutes per game but could be seen walking up the court and brings little to the table offensively. Let the re-building in Toronto begin.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16905
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.
Working...
X