Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quietest Offseason Since Colangelo Got Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quietest Offseason Since Colangelo Got Here?

This has definitely been the quitest off-season since Bryan has got here and I can't rember the last time we haven't had at least one rumour a freaking week involving the raptors. I mean, how many moves were done by this time last year involving the raptors and how many rumours?

I don't know I'm so used to being hyped up(only to be let down in the season) and excited, but,nothing has hapened. except getting Barbosa, the Draft, and a couple of deals that could've been.

It's weird and it doesn't feel right.Now,iIm not suggesting Bryan try to hit a home run through a trade or w/e. But, it's just weird.

At this point, you kind of wouldn't second guess that Bryan is looking to pull a high risk-"high reward" type of move. what do you people think?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

I like that he's taking his time. No need to rush. Last year and years prior, since his arrival, have all been different. Different teams and different needs. I actually think it was a hyped summer. Our franchise/free agent and the whole "Flee Agency" series directly affected us, thus, being the topic of media attention and what-have-you. Acquiring the needs and going a new direction has us in quite a bit of transactions, some failed and some excecuted, which again thrusted us in the media. And look at the timespan of all of those moves by BC. We still haven't finished July, yet. So, I might have to disagree, though I am like you in the sense that I, too, am looking for a final move by BC that will really determine and shape the franchise heading into the season. Hey, it's been "usually on a sunday, and by Monday it's a done deal....tttthhhhen comes in Tuesday, when it all falls apart." So stay tuned...lol.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I think that TPE will be very useful, but not this offseason. BC could jump into the fray to facilitate a CP3 trade. I'm not saying that Paul would come to Toronto (we know he wouldn't), but that huge TPE could definitely make a trade easier and turn into a couple of young players and/or draft picks + expirings to make the deal work, that he could flip into something else.

I'm sure BC will continue to shop Calderon, maybe with Evans - Jose's the last remaining REALLY bad contract now that Turk is gone and they don't have to pay Bosh the max. But he'll probably have more luck doing that during the season as teams who don't have as deep pockets as MLSE start to panic and want to get rid of assets ahead of a potential lockout.

Comment

I don't think he will do much more of significance unless he can significantly upgrade the guard position with someone like CP3 which is long shot to say the least.

The only other way he would do a deal is if he could pull off a steal of a deal like he almost did with Charlotte. One of those could still happen.

A lot of GMs may now be waiting to see how what the remaining free agents do and how their rosters talent and salary wise look come October before making any moves. Especially what with a lot of people being on vacation and Team USA/FIBA activity now starting to crank up.

Fans might want to consider enjoying the rest of the WNBA season including the playoffs and upcoming FIBA tournament in Aug - Sep.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
          I like that he's taking his time. No need to rush. .
          He is not taking his time He is in a tight corner and can not make any more moves. He tried the deal with BobCats which ended up in disaster, then he embarrassed himself with the Barn deal, lost CB4 , made a mass last summer with Hedo and ...

BC has lost all his reputation around the league. People do not respect him anymore and think he is joke and try to low ball him.
          BC is done.

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
            I think that TPE will be very useful, but not this offseason. BC could jump into the fray to facilitate a CP3 trade. .
            LOOOOL, Paul wants to compete and Win . This is why he wants out of NO. We can use our TPE and ... and get him here against his will since he is not a FA and .... but the next morning, he will ask for a trade from us

Raptor fans should stop thinking about CP3.

Comment

I think this was a fairly busy offseason - sign&trade for Bosh, traded Turkoglu for Barbie, re-signing Amir, signing Kleiza, drafting Ed Davis and buying a pick for Alabi, with a failed trade with Bobcats and a failed signing with Matt Barnes, I would say it was quite busy.

The quietest offseason under BC occured during the summer of 2007 where he failed to upgrade the team and instead just signed Jason Kapono + Jamario Moon and traded for Delfino.

Comment

The last couple of years were slanted towards immediate return in order to provide/show Bosh the team was serious about winning. Things didnt work out. I believe if 2011 were the final year of CB's contract we may not have drafted Davis (probably traded the pick for a player). So, I hope BC is a bit more into building mode rather than win-now mode hence the lack of urgency...which is good imo.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  I think this was a fairly busy offseason - sign&trade for Bosh, traded Turkoglu for Barbie, re-signing Amir, signing Kleiza, drafting Ed Davis and buying a pick for Alabi, with a failed trade with Bobcats and a failed signing with Matt Barnes, I would say it was quite busy.

The quietest offseason under BC occured during the summer of 2007 where he failed to upgrade the team and instead just signed Jason Kapono + Jamario Moon and traded for Delfino.
                  but, we made the playoffs the following year we upgraded the team and missed the playofffs and then the next same thing.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    This has definitely been the quitest off-season since Bryan has got here and I can't rember the last time we haven't had at least one rumour a freaking week involving the raptors. I mean, how many moves were done by this time last year involving the raptors and how many rumours?

I don't know I'm so used to being hyped up(only to be let down in the season) and excited, but,nothing has hapened. except getting Barbosa, the Draft, and a couple of deals that could've been.

It's weird and it doesn't feel right.Now,iIm not suggesting Bryan try to hit a home run through a trade or w/e. But, it's just weird.

At this point, you kind of wouldn't second guess that Bryan is looking to pull a high risk-"high reward" type of move. what do you people think?
                    The summer of 2007 was far more quiet. The team had just won the division and he made virtually no moves that off-season. This summer we saw Bosh traded, Hedo traded, and a blockbuster trade almost go through.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      LOOOOL, Paul wants to compete and Win . This is why he wants out of NO. We can use our TPE and ... and get him here against his will since he is not a FA and .... but the next morning, he will ask for a trade from us

Raptor fans should stop thinking about CP3.
                      Ummm, why not try reading the whole post (caps added for emphasis)

I think that TPE will be very useful, but not this offseason. BC could jump into the fray to facilitate a CP3 trade. I'M NOT SAYING THAT PAUL WOULD COME TO TORONTO (WE KNOW HE WOULDN'T) BUT THAT HUGE TPE COULD DEFINITELY MAKE A TRADE EASIER AND TURN INTO A COUPLE OF YOUNG PLAYERS AND/OR DRAFT PICKS + EXPIRINGS TO MAKE THE DEAL WORK THAT HE COULD FLIP INTO SOMETHING ELSE.

I'm sure BC will continue to shop Calderon, maybe with Evans - Jose's the last remaining REALLY bad contract now that Turk is gone and they don't have to pay Bosh the max. But he'll probably have more luck doing that during the season as teams who don't have as deep pockets as MLSE start to panic and want to get rid of assets ahead of a potential lockout.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        The summer of 2007 was far more quiet. The team had just won the division and he made virtually no moves that off-season. This summer we saw Bosh traded, Hedo traded, and a blockbuster trade almost go through.
                        maybe, but i mean that trade didn't happen and it's kind of been depressing.

Comment

I'm just pointing out some big, franchise changing things happened this off-season where as virtually nothing changed in 2007. I share your disappointment though.

Comment

Ummm, why not try reading the whole post (caps added for emphasis)
                            I read it but it was so insane that I did not want to even address it.
                            Do you really think NO will give CP3 away just for TPE !! Then we use him to get some draft picks and young players ?!
                            Do you know what other teams are offering for CP3 ?

BC can not pull off a simple trade anymore ( Barns) and you are expecting of a miracle.
                            The guy is Done and the final bullet in his career will be a season with Raptor in which the team will finish with under 20 wins.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

+1

Comment

Working...
                              X