X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal: Bargs For Jeff Green

Toronto Trades: Andrea Bargnani
    OKC Trades: Jeff Green, DJ White

Jeff Green is OKC's biggest liability defensively because he is playing out of position. Bargnani is more suited to defending opposing centres/power forwards in the west (such as Gasol, Bynum, the other Gasol, Cousins, Haywood, etc) and in a strong defensive system like OKC's, he can grow as a help defender as well. Bargnani would also be a strong complementary offensive piece, probably playing 3rd fiddle to Durant+Westbrook.

In Toronto, Jeff Green slides in as the starting small forward, where he becomes much more adequate defensively. DJ White provides depth to a centre position that would become wide open with Bargnani's departure.

It's intriguing. OKC doesn't know what kind of extension they want to offer Green. It's been rumoured that he wants big money.

Would Sam Presti do this deal? They would need a bonafied rebounder to make the Bargnani experiment work. Ibaka is nice, but he's still very much raw. Same goes for Aldrich.

Comment

What does Jeff Green bring that Amir or Ed Davis don't.

What's of more significance is the fact that Bargs is a BYC player until next summer.
      RR OG

Comment

Jeff Green brings the ability and quickness to play small forward.

And I checked this trade in the RealGM Trade Checker before posting. So, assuming it's correct, I don't think Bargnani being a BYC player is a significant fact for this trade.

As for the rebounding comment, Jeff Green provided 6 RPG in 37 minutes at the PF spot, and OKC was a top 6 rebounding team in the NBA last season (in terms of rebounding differential).

I'm not sure if Sam Presti would do this trade, I was just hoping for some CC
        Last edited by Marz; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X