Xavier Henry, Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier Henry, Anyone?

The Grizz are nickling and diming Xavier, making him jump through hoops to get a contract worth what almost all other rookies comparably get virtually automatically. And Memphis wonders why no one wants to play for them. Anyway, the guy is a quality kid, good defender, more than capable offensively, and can play the 2 or 3. I say we go after him! Thoughts?

It would have to be a trade. Since he is not signed the trade would be for the rights to him. A Raptors future pick and maybe some TPE for him if needed would work.

I would like to see the Raptors give it a shot. Stock pile the young talented guys just like OKC and Portland have done.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Add in Marc Gasol to a trade and grab both. Henry could fit in with the youth movement with his shooting skills, Gasol with his size and 5 spot.

Comment

We'd have to give up something of real worth in order to get Gasol.

If we could snag Henry pretty cheap, I'd be all for it.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          We'd have to give up something of real worth in order to get Gasol.

If we could snag Henry pretty cheap, I'd be all for it.
          ya, forget gasol not worth it and the other gasol(even though won't be traded)is too old now.

henry would be an easy snag he's angered memphis they want him gone.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
            Add in Marc Gasol to a trade and grab both. Henry could fit in with the youth movement with his shooting skills, Gasol with his size and 5 spot.
            Sure...then make it a three way with the lakers to include Kobe...

Comment

Maybe some cash and a 2nd rounder might do it. I'd be loathe to include part of the TPE, personally.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                Maybe some cash and a 2nd rounder might do it. I'd be loathe to include part of the TPE, personally.
                There is no way they'd trade away their 12th overall selection for a 2nd rounder and cash.

Comment

deffinately why not hes pretty athletic can run the floor and is a great shooter. he would be great off the bench coming for derozan i think

Comment

I wanted the raps to draft Xavier if he fell to us (sadly he didn't) cause i love the way he defended and would be able to open the floor up with his great shooting. If we could possibly get him i'd be ecstatic.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

he could start at the 2 with derozen at the 3 or we could have him come off the bench as our sixth man. it'd be perfect.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

We need to stockup the SF position. Not sure how well Henry (he is 19 and 6'6" and probably has a bit of growth left) fits in at that position. Trading him for Miami's 1st next year is probably something that could work. His defense and shooting are attractive...and comes from a good program.

Comment

As i said, i'd play him more at the SG position and have derozen take over the SF. He's probably a better defender out of college than derozen is now and could help immedietely.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Maybe we could get Conley from them while we're at it
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

id even be willing to take on randolphs huge expiring contract if it ment a chance at landing henry, gasol, mayo or gay! or all of them LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X