• Show
Clear All

Starting 5 of:

Jack
    Henry
    Derozen
    Bargs
    Amir

With Weems, Davis, Barbosa and Kleiza coming off the bench would be a lot of fun to watch.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would take this guy in a New York minute. I liked his game and his media scrums. Very well spoken guy with a great basketball background. But, he'd have to be our 6th man type guy because it wouldn't make sense to start him over DeMar to stunt DD's growth by starting someone who has no NBA experience under his belt. If we DO get him, it would make the decision to have DD and Weems at the 2 & 3 as our Batman and Robin a bit more easier. He could come off the bench to help out whoever, out of DD and Weems, when they get tired. BC, getter dun!!!
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Reasonable trade offer?

First of all here's the link...

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/25/g...nry-continues/

And, while we all have to remember that this appears to be but a minor speedbump in negotiations, it is never a bad idea to float a worthwhile trade offer to them - likely something similar to what follows:

- Miami's 1st rounder + 2nd rounder + 3Million cash (preferable)
        - Doing a sign and trade for an expendable Roll players/expiring contract on our roster that they might have interest in eg. Bellinelli - or one 1st and 2nd round draft picks+ cash + Banks/evans for Conley + rights to Xavier Henry
        When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

That would be so, so hot.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

How bout this trade that will get rid of calderon and bring in two quality defenders

To Memphis:
            Jose Calderon
            Miami First and Second Round Picks
            Cash

To Toronto
            Xavier Henry
            Mike Conley
            and Maybe Memphis 2011 Second Round Pick

Plz dont harp on me for this idea

Comment

we can even include another piece to that trade, prehaps a piece of the Hedo turkoglu trade exception

Comment

Im very high on Henry's talents and I think he could have a career similar to ray Allen we should get him now while hes cheap
                ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                  Im very high on Henry's talents and I think he could have a career similar to ray Allen we should get him now while hes cheap
                  +1
                  The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                  Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                  www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                  http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
                    deffinately why not hes pretty athletic can run the floor and is a great shooter. he would be great off the bench coming for derozan i think
                    nha, he'd be behind derozan who would be backing up barbosa.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I like that trade for both teams. Calderon and Gasol would be a good combo. We get two potential starters in the future. Henry would be the shooter the young guns are missing

Comment

theres something about this kid...I dont like the way he goes to the basket, I think he has bad shot selection and the fact he is arguing about his rookie contact doesn't sit well with me. Memphis must see something, lack of ambition maybe? In one of his interviews he seems content with just being a serviceable player in this league. I dont think he is worth a max rookie contract.

Comment

would anyone break up the young gunz to get X. Henry?
                          Say if Memphis wants a young athletic swingman to replace their young athletic swing man : Weems+ some other assets for Henry.

Comment

lankanzero wrote: View Post
                            How bout this trade that will get rid of calderon and bring in two quality defenders

To Memphis:
                            Jose Calderon
                            Miami First and Second Round Picks
                            Cash

To Toronto
                            Xavier Henry
                            Mike Conley
                            and Maybe Memphis 2011 Second Round Pick

Plz dont harp on me for this idea
                            I would actually throw in Belinelli first instead of Miami's first rounder to see if Memphis will bite. If they don't, offer the Miami #1 pick as the last option(or future first #1 pick 3-4 years from now as the second option when the rebuild will finally be over if we have a good drafting GM and scout). If I were BC, I would jump into the Memphis-Xavier Henry financial snag and offer the trade scenario above with the obvious tweakings I proposed. I would offer Henry his full rookie salary scale contract and performance bonus as perks.

Adding Henry to this team, he should not be made to come off from the bench, neither Derozan or Weems can shoot the 3 consistently which every team needs in the NBA from their wings which Henry shoots at a decent clip(It seems that a lot of fans are buying into the "Young Gunz" era, but I am not buying into it yet). Add Henry, and let Henry, Weems, Derozan and Kleiza fight for the starting 2 and 3 spots. The requirements for starting should be:-can shoot the 3 consistently, can play above average perimeter defense, can stay in front of their man, can rebound the ball to cover for Bargs rebounding deficiencies(Should the experiment not have been stopped by now?) and handle the ball once in a while to give at least 2 ball handlers in the game at anytime.

In addition, I would be looking to use the $14.5m TPE in December or at the trade deadline to get an Igoudala, Dalembert, Pryzbilla or Okafor. For longer contracts, we get rewarded with a #1 pick(with an option to switch picks or move up in the draft with another #1 pick if we have what we like at a draft spot) and a #2 pick. For shorter contracts, only a #2 pick. In December or at the trade deadline, some teams will obviously be out of the playoff picture and will be looking to unload big contracts. We can also use the
                            $2.7m TPE to acquire a bench player that spaces the floor and plays decent defense that could benefit from a change of scenery in exchange for future #2 pick.

In summary, plan of action if I were in BC's position and MLSE later for full rebuild( I am not a GM, just suggesting):-

1. Acquire Henry from Memphis if there is still a financial snag. Use a package of Belinelli or 3-4 years' future #1 pick or Miami's #1 pick with a #2 pick to get Henry or a package of Belinelli or 3-4 years future #1 pick or Miami's #1 pick with a #2 pick and Jose Calderon to get Xavier Henry(with full rookie scale contract that he wants with performance bonus as perks) and Mike Conley. Get all wings to fight for a starting spot as a mandate to Jay Triano to encourage competition and look for requirements of shooting the 3 consistently to space the floor, play above average perimeter defense, better rebounding to cover up Bargs deficiencies and handle the ball once in a while to have at least 2 ball handlers on the floor starting(in order of importance) without favoritism.

2. Get a Pryzbilla, Dalembert or Okafor with the Trade deadline TPE to get Bargs, the rebounding center he wants. Use the expiring contracts at the draft or after the season to get an Igoudala if Philadelphia for some reason don't make the playoffs which could happen(they have 3 ball handlers on the floor that can not play without the ball in Jrue Holiday, Andre Igoudala and Evan Turner, it remains to be seen how they can solve that dilemma which could be as bad as the Jose-Turk problem in Toronto, I can see Doug Collins putting the ball in Jrue Holiday's hand as the PG and Igoudala or Turner(whoever makes better decisions with the ball) handling the ball some times during the game).

3.Get a Top 5 pick by giving the young guys even if the better guys are starters equal minutes to achieve that objective. Use that pick to get a Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight or Josh Selby as our franchise PG of the future. Put him under Jack for the first few years and get a PG coach for the team in Sam Cassell or other good fundamental retired PGs in the league as a mentor.With a Top 5 win-loss consequence, we get an additional #1 pick which we can use to get an "all-star potential SF", we really need.

4.Resign Pryzbilla or Dalembert "at a reasonable price" if they play well in their contract year. Get a big man coach in Hakeem Olajuwon(he is a former Raptors player, and if we really want to develop our bigs, he is the big man coach we should sign as a franchise) to be a mentor to Ed Davis, Bargs, Amir, Alabi and Pryzbilla or Dalembert or Okafor(in teaching them some advanced post moves, improving their rebounding with a blend of technique and length not length only, hedging screens on the defensive end, setting solid screens and utilizing the screen and roll for few offensive opportunities). Make a 1 month camp before training camp with Hakeem and big men on this team to polish their moves. Keep Alex English to teach Amir, Ed Davis, Alabi and Pryzbilla or Dalembert or Okafor to improve offensively to make jumpshots at a decent rate which a big man needs to have in his offensive repertoire(which is why Antonio McDyess and Juwan Howard have been in the league for a long time).

Team in 3-4 years plan in all:-

PG Kyrie Irving or Brandon Knight or Josh Selby(now starting as franchise PG)/Jarett Jack/Mike Conley/$2.7m TPE player
                            SG Xavier Henry or Demar Derozan or Sonny Weems/$2.7m TPE player
                            SF Andre Igoudala(starting)/Xavier Henry or Demar Derozan or Sonny Weems or Linas Kleiza or "all-star potential" SF from 2011 draft(whoever has requirements to start if we can not get Igoudala)
                            PF Andrea Bargnani(if he has improved his rebounding, starting), Ed Davis(if Bargs has really been a bust and Ed is willing to learn improved rebounding and consistent jump shots from Hakeem Olajuwon and Alex English respectively)/ Amir Johnson
                            C Pryzbilla or Dalembert or Okafor(starting)/Alabi/Amir Johnson

13 -14 players on contract, 1 more player at veteran minimum if we can not get Igoudala

Parlay #2 picks in these years to other teams for future #2 picks, D-league or Europe(if they are can't miss options like Tiago Splitter is to the Spurs for latter 2 options)

Coaches - Byron Scott or Doug Collins like coach or long time assistants from winning franchises such as the San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics, OKC, Utah Jazz, Portland Trailblazers and Orlando Magic (head coach)/ Jay Triano(assistant coach for X and Os, not head coach material as we have seen this season)/ Carlesimo(defensive coach)/Alvin Williams (player development)/retired PG "Sam Cassell" like mentor(PG coach)/Hakeem Olajuwon(big man coach)
                            not returning - Micah Nori

Scouts - at least 2 draft scouts from draft-wise franchises such as the San Antonio Spurs, Utah Jazz, OKC and Portland.
                            not returning - Jim Kelly

GM - Jerry West (at $12-15m per year)/Kevin Pritchard or Steve Kerr($5-6m per year)
                            not returning - Bryan Colangelo

and the rebuild has finished with such plan above.

and please don't harp on me for entertaining such thoughts..

Comment

trade reggy evans, a future 2nd rounder and cash for xaiver henry and hasheem thabeet

Comment

weemsfan wrote: View Post
                                trade reggy evans, a future 2nd rounder and cash for xaiver henry and hasheem thabeet
                                Gonna take a lot more than that I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X