Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Colangelo Says Bosh "Checked Out" (Sun Article Posted On Pg.6/Post #43)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    LOL, Colangelo is quite the character.

First, I don't think Bosh owed Colangelo any notification. GM's don't inform players that they are going to be traded until it's time so if you think he conned him and should have informed him of his intentions, maybe he didn't know what his intentions were at the time or unaware of all the possibilities that existed. Regardless, he doesn't owe Colangelo squat.
    I'm not saying he owed him anything. But after playing 7 years for a franchise there's something to be said for giving each other a fair deal. It's clear now that Bosh never intended to re-sign and he should have communicated that to BC, not because we would've gotten a whole lot more in exchange, but at least the franchise wouldn't have wasted a full year.

Look, I get it, he doesn't have to say anything to BC and it's in his right to withhold any such information, but just as BC showed him the courtesy of giving input in free-agent/trade/franchise decisions (which he didn't have to do), Bosh should have reciprocated.

You're making it sound like I'm defending Colangelo for screwing the pooch here, I'm not, just saying he could've used some help.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bottom line: integrity.

Bosh was given the key to the city and this team, and, as the leader, he quit on both. Not only did he quit on both, he complained to the media about his team's lived lack of effort, remember?

If he no longer wanted to play for the Raptors, that's his choice. The "classy" thing to have done, as Arsenalist said, would have been to let BC know, so that in effect he would have been giving back to the franchise that seemed to do everything to make him happy. Simple and fair enough, no?

BC just said what was going on. I don't think he did it to malign Bosh.

At the end of the day, Bosh is just another product of the me(/youtube) generation.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First, I don't think Bosh owed Colangelo any notification. GM's don't inform players that they are going to be traded until it's time so if you think he conned him and should have informed him of his intentions, maybe he didn't know what his intentions were at the time or unaware of all the possibilities that existed. Regardless, he doesn't owe Colangelo squat.

As for BC, interesting how all of the injury talk or Bosh possibly tanking is now a topic of conversation. He took extra days to get right and that is a sign of tanking? lol. Those are excuses and an indictment of the team he assembled.

Tell me something Bryan, how good was the roster you put together? A "50 win' team doesn't depend on one player unless his name is LeBron and from your talk the past few weeks you've continually hinted that Bosh is not the franchise type so wouldn't the rest of the roster and team be able to pick it up and get wins even with Chris being out? Was he that essential to be on the court for the team to even be competitive let alone get some wins?

His reputation is getting hit left and right and this is a sad attempt to try and save some of his pride and ego.

The roster he put together last year, and this year, is as much of a fraud as he is.
    you have a point sleepz, but what you fail to realize is one, BC could have traded Bosh midway through the season sensing he already had his mind made up that he wasnt going to re-sign with toronto. Bosh doesnt have a no-trade clause, so BC couldve been a real jerk and sent him over to another team for younger pieces, but he didnt. If that happened, Bosh would only have gotten 80mil max on a sign deal. but now he got 110mil. but bosh knew this, as a superstar, it would be the utmost disrespect if he got traded without BC telling him first, so he played the team pretty good. he waited till the end of the season to actually make his "decision" to leave when in reality he already figured it out a long time ago.

everybody knows, in every sport, there is a go-to guy. that is why they invented the term "franchise player" and "go-to guy". even in peewee leagues, there's always this one kid who stood out and the coach fielded other kids in that complimented this kid's game. and bosh was that piece with the raps. BC did everything to build around him but he just cant make players around him, well, play around him.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying he owed him anything. But after playing 7 years for a franchise there's something to be said for giving each other a fair deal. It's clear now that Bosh never intended to re-sign and he should have communicated that to BC, not because we would've gotten a whole lot more in exchange, but at least the franchise wouldn't have wasted a full year.

Look, I get it, he doesn't have to say anything to BC and it's in his right to withhold any such information, but just as BC showed him the courtesy of giving input in free-agent/trade/franchise decisions (which he didn't have to do), Bosh should have reciprocated.

You're making it sound like I'm defending Colangelo for screwing the pooch here, I'm not, just saying he could've used some help.
    What I also said was that maybe there was no such information to withhold. What Miami ended up doing wasn't assured until later in the free agency process. Maybe Bosh hadn't decided right away, although he ultimately ended up leaving.

I also have heard you comment throught-out the year (if I'm wrong please correct me) that Colangelo should be fired if he couldn't resign Bosh or that he should trade him if he is not certain that he could get this committment as it's HIS JOB to manage the teams interests in the long term.

He should have looked at the roster he assembled and used his brain.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people are sayaing it was OK for him to take the time off to make sure he was right, and that if he had reinjured himself, we would all be calling him stupid for coming back too early.

I totally disagree. There is a difference between a player playing through an injury (bad idea) and a player playing through pain (heroic). The Raptors' doctors had CLEARED him. He was fine.

I'm not trying to advocate for Bosh or BC in the hatewars going on right now, but I really think it is irrefutable that Bosh should be held responsible for sitting out those 6 games (close to 2 weeks), and not his health.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

fuck bosh what a fucking pussy. he should learn from ginobili and nash. they both broke their noses and still played. im so happy hes gone fuckin dinosaur.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    Bosh is the only fraud. If you get paid 17 million to play basketball you better get out their and give your all. No matter what team you play for. WHen your best player mails it in and your second best player in Hedo you will be lucky to get to 500 winning%. Sorry your arguement sleepz doesn't make sense. The raps were 10 games away from 50 wins if Bosh plays hard in the second half and Hedo averages 15-5-5 we get 50 wins. THe Fact is if your best player mails it in, its hard to be successful because he is your leader most of the time.
    exactly man this argument goes two ways if bosh tanked after allstar break then he is a lousy bitch that doesn't deserve our time and if he just simply was having a bad spell then he is not a max player because max players never have a bad spell and even if they do it is just a few games not like 10-20 games which bosh was pure crap, I never heard of lebron having an extended spell of bad games

Post Thanks / Like

What I also said was that maybe there was no such information to withhold. What Miami ended up doing wasn't assured until later in the free agency process. Maybe Bosh hadn't decided right away, although he ultimately ended up leaving.

I also have heard you comment throught-out the year (if I'm wrong please correct me) that Colangelo should be fired if he couldn't resign Bosh or that he should trade him if he is not certain that he could get this committment as it's HIS JOB to manage the teams interests in the long term.

He should have looked at the roster he assembled and used his brain.
    sorry sleepz, pls dont think im teaming with Arse to gang up on you, but your points are good for me to raise my counter points. I think it was pretty clear when Bosh re-signed with Toronto in 2007 that he was opening the doors for a possible exit, as his contract was structured exactly the same way as lebron and wade. i dont think it was coincidence since melo was in their class but he opted to sign a longer deal with the nuggets. but in fairness to bosh, he did give toronto 3 more years to make the team a contender for him, but it just didnt work.

and the thing that everybody fails to notice is, bosh never really put an anchor on toronto. he didnt make lifelong friends to force himself to stay here. playing here for 7 years, i dont think he even owns a house here. wade is really close with haslem and quentin and did so much for miami. lebron lives in akron, and is really close with big z. what im getting at is bosh didnt really foster relationships with his teammates beyond bastketball, and i guess thats why he couldnt make his teammates work around him. in every job you have to have good rapport with your officemates not just at work but outside work too.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is true then he lied to the Raptors organization, the media and the fans about a lot of things. If he didn't want to come back to Toronto he should have done the honorable thing and just said so. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the injury but now after reading this I no longer have any respect for him...

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

fuck him.. he's miami's problem now.

let them worry about why their minimum wage aging and broken backups are showing more effort than him..

i hope he gets herpes in south beach

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    sorry sleepz, pls dont think im teaming with Arse to gang up on you, but your points are good for me to raise my counter points. I think it was pretty clear when Bosh re-signed with Toronto in 2007 that he was opening the doors for a possible exit, as his contract was structured exactly the same way as lebron and wade. i dont think it was coincidence since melo was in their class but he opted to sign a longer deal with the nuggets. but in fairness to bosh, he did give toronto 3 more years to make the team a contender for him, but it just didnt work.

and the thing that everybody fails to notice is, bosh never really put an anchor on toronto. he didnt make lifelong friends to force himself to stay here. playing here for 7 years, i dont think he even owns a house here. wade is really close with haslem and quentin and did so much for miami. lebron lives in akron, and is really close with big z. what im getting at is bosh didnt really foster relationships with his teammates beyond bastketball, and i guess thats why he couldnt make his teammates work around him. in every job you have to have good rapport with your officemates not just at work but outside work too.
    Sleepz you're all alone here man. Have you read all the other comments from sane people, be it RuPaul haters or neutral guys like Apollo. RuPaul was a stat padder who quits on his team at a crucial time when he was cleared to play and the team had been playing well. In addition RuPaul never ever established great friendships here with any of his teamates and never ever reached out to make anyone else feel comfortable or make them better. Rupaul was and is about RuPaul and BC and Toronto got screwed by him. He was and is classless or he would have had the class to have talked it through and been fair to the team that promoted him so heavily over the years to make him appear like a star so he could get the money he makes today. Let's not forget what RuPaul just said in his interview in Miami where he says he padded his stats and still did not make any of the three all NBA teams. "What does a guy have to?" do he said. He blamed it on being in Toronto, instead of taking the blame on the chin whic he's never done. He's never been man enough to accept responsibility for anything but stat padding, including his own illegitamate kid. He is a loser and I and many many others are so glad to see his sorry lady ass gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

BC is in a high gear, a panic mode to save his job. He is accusing his ex star of tanking it while just a month ago , he was willing to sell his mother and give Bosh his wife as a signing bonus so that he STAYS in Toronto !!

What does that tell you about the character of BC ?

If Bosh DID tank, then why all that energy and ... trying to sign him.
    If Bosh DID NOT tank, then why all this BS !!

This is a lose/lose situation for BC and in both cases he is looking like a coward who is just looking for excuses.

The rest of NBA has lost their respect for this Phony and I am sure when the team starts 0-10 , Raptor fans will follow as well.
    Let's hope he does not make anymore log term damage to this team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

As for BC, interesting how all of the injury talk or Bosh possibly tanking is now a topic of conversation. He took extra days to get right and that is a sign of tanking? lol. Those are excuses and an indictment of the team he assembled.

Tell me something Bryan, how good was the roster you put together? A "50 win' team doesn't depend on one player unless his name is LeBron and from your talk the past few weeks you've continually hinted that Bosh is not the franchise type so wouldn't the rest of the roster and team be able to pick it up and get wins even with Chris being out? Was he that essential to be on the court for the team to even be competitive let alone get some wins?

His reputation is getting hit left and right and this is a sad attempt to try and save some of his pride and ego.

The roster he put together last year, and this year, is as much of a fraud as he is.
    Perfectly Said ....

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. You must really have a helluva hate-on for BC. Too many "maybes" in the face of so much circumstantial evid. Can one of his ex-teammates be too faraway from pulling on their jockstraps to bleat out a confirmation? They knew what was happening because they checked out too. Strangely though, if I remember correctly, Hedo's game picked up during Bosh's absence/s.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Own Up wrote: View Post

Bottom line: integrity.
    Integrity is important but when it comes dealing with people who conduct their actions with Integrity as well.

BC stabbed Bosh the minute he turned his back and that just shows his true face and real character.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

At the break the Raptors were playing great, were one of the hottest teams for the two months before the break and had around 30 wins. After the break the team had their winning spirit broken and things went downhill quickly. This coincided with Bosh having a noticeable change of demeanor along with not playing well when he did come back. I just can't point as much blame at the coach, other players or BC when it was Bosh who clearly stopped giving his all when the rest of the team was trusting and counting on him. There is a lesson to be learned from this that this years Raptors will benefit from.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not correct ... CB4 wasn't a regular player that the GM would just trade him away. CB4 was the franchise player which was consulted on many trades that BC did in order to build the Raptors around CB4. All Raptors marketing machine was built around Bosh, the team was built around Bosh, the biggest chunk of salary went to Bosh, the Raptors's game plan had Bosh as central piece. On top of this, CB4 promised he will let Raptors know if he wants to move on when the contract ends. As much as you hate Kevin Garnett for being such a prick, you have to noticed that KG behaved professionally with Minnesota, he played as hard as possible till the end of his last game as Timberwolves. CB4 played 6.5 seasons and finally he left Raptors on the back door. Now he speaks of himself like he already won many championships.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    BC is in a high gear, a panic mode to save his job. He is accusing his ex star of tanking it while just a month ago , he was willing to sell his mother and give Bosh his wife as a signing bonus so that he STAYS in Toronto !!

What does that tell you about the character of BC ?

If Bosh DID tank, then why all that energy and ... trying to sign him.
    If Bosh DID NOT tank, then why all this BS !!

This is a lose/lose situation for BC and in both cases he is looking like a coward who is just looking for excuses.

The rest of NBA has lost their respect for this Phony and I am sure when the team starts 0-10 , Raptor fans will follow as well.
    Let's hope he does not make anymore log term damage to this team.
    hahaha raptor4ever, i think you just like playing the villain role, you want to join forces with sleepz and go against the world!

just to correct a few of your points....BC did not go to extremes to re-sign bosh, i think he already had the nasty feeling that bosh will not res-sign, regardless of what we offer him. He offered him an extension, which was mandatory anyways, and offered him a max contract which was also mandatory, and by mandatory i mean he had to do it because bosh is our so-called franchise player and it was the "right" or "politically correct" thing to do. BC didnt even go to the meeting with bosh during his FA to convince him to sign. he sent mark everest. who? yeah. exactly.

when bosh said "i need another all-star to play with me". did you see BC gut the team just to sign another superstar??? NO! and he could have. we had nice pieces to trade, expiring contracts to let go. but he did nothing, coz he knew, whatever he did, BOSH WAS NOT GOING TO STAY. imagine if he gutted the team only to have bosh leave?? case and point, cavs.

i think we all need to give BC credit. he deals with a childish so-called franchise player and owners that dont want to pay the luxury tax, and still this team almost made the playoffs last year. for me, i think he did his job, but of course, he needs to do more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Integrity is important but when it comes dealing with people who conduct their actions with Integrity as well.

BC stabbed Bosh the minute he turned his back and that just shows his true face and real character.
    i dont think so, i think he did the right thing. its unfair for him to get all the heat while bosh is basking in the limelight. up until now, half of the posters here were saying bosh was classier than VC for how he handled himself, well, thats not the case now. BC owes it to us as paying fans to let us know that who regarded as classy before was indeed classless. and the signs point that direction, its not like BC fabricated all this, if youre a true raps fan who watches games and reads articles, you will go back and say, oh yeah, Bosh did exactly that.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

BC is calling CB out, plain and simple. And any true fan, of any sport, would sum up Bosh's reaction to his injuries as disappointing. Nash got his face bashed in twice in the playoffs, and returned within the same games - that's heart, that's what we as fans expect from our mega-million dollar idols. CB showed he had little of it - either because he was tapped out, or he had made up his mind that he didn't want to be a Raptor before. In life, you can do anything you want to do, and clearly CB didn't want to put in the work. CB gave a lot to T.O., but BC was bang on, and CB's legacy in T.O. will be marred forever as a result (BTW: I am predicting now that the Heat don't make it to the finals - Bosh and Wade have a history of injuries a mile long that will prevent that from occuring - hate to say it - go Lakers).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information