Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo Says Bosh "Checked Out" (Sun Article Posted On Pg.6/Post #43)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priest wrote: View Post
    Bad mouthing a player while he is on your team and soon to be a free-agent would be a load of crap. He wasn't looking for excuses, I think its the truth and although I don't think Bosh Tanked on purpose but the extra 6 days off when he was cleared to play in a key moment in the season just shows that he wasn't a franchise player for us so good riddance.
    Would LeBron be considered a franchise player then? Didn't he also check out, albeit in the playoffs?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      Water under the bridge, but it has to be said: Chris Bosh conned Bryan Colangelo. I don't know why, but he did it. He could've plainly told Colangelo that he had little intention of staying in Toronto and that would've been that. The split would've been over much sooner and the Raptors would've already had a year of proper rebuilding under their belt. Instead, he led him on and got Colangelo's hopes high for no reason.
      Imo, at the very end of the day ... that’s the bottom line, right there.

Comment

Remember the rumours that after Bosh got his nose smashed and was 'recovering' he was seen looking at condos in Miami?
        Hmm!

Comment

Water under the bridge, but it has to be said: Chris Bosh conned Bryan Colangelo. I don't know why, but he did it. He could've plainly told Colangelo that he had little intention of staying in Toronto and that would've been that. The split would've been over much sooner and the Raptors would've already had a year of proper rebuilding under their belt. Instead, he let him on and got Colangelo's hopes high for no reason.
          LOL, Colangelo is quite the character.

First, I don't think Bosh owed Colangelo any notification. GM's don't inform players that they are going to be traded until it's time so if you think he conned him and should have informed him of his intentions, maybe he didn't know what his intentions were at the time or unaware of all the possibilities that existed. Regardless, he doesn't owe Colangelo squat.

As for BC, interesting how all of the injury talk or Bosh possibly tanking is now a topic of conversation. He took extra days to get right and that is a sign of tanking? lol. Those are excuses and an indictment of the team he assembled.

Tell me something Bryan, how good was the roster you put together? A "50 win' team doesn't depend on one player unless his name is LeBron and from your talk the past few weeks you've continually hinted that Bosh is not the franchise type so wouldn't the rest of the roster and team be able to pick it up and get wins even with Chris being out? Was he that essential to be on the court for the team to even be competitive let alone get some wins?

His reputation is getting hit left and right and this is a sad attempt to try and save some of his pride and ego.

The roster he put together last year, and this year, is as much of a fraud as he is.

Comment

Bosh is the only fraud. If you get paid 17 million to play basketball you better get out their and give your all. No matter what team you play for. WHen your best player mails it in and your second best player in Hedo you will be lucky to get to 500 winning%. Sorry your arguement sleepz doesn't make sense. The raps were 10 games away from 50 wins if Bosh plays hard in the second half and Hedo averages 15-5-5 we get 50 wins. THe Fact is if your best player mails it in, its hard to be successful because he is your leader most of the time.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post

First, I don't think Bosh owed Colangelo any notification. GM's don't inform players that they are going to be traded until it's time so if you think he conned him and should have informed him of his intentions, maybe he didn't know what his intentions were at the time or unaware of all the possibilities that existed. Regardless, he doesn't owe Colangelo squat.
              I'm not saying he owed him anything. But after playing 7 years for a franchise there's something to be said for giving each other a fair deal. It's clear now that Bosh never intended to re-sign and he should have communicated that to BC, not because we would've gotten a whole lot more in exchange, but at least the franchise wouldn't have wasted a full year.

Look, I get it, he doesn't have to say anything to BC and it's in his right to withhold any such information, but just as BC showed him the courtesy of giving input in free-agent/trade/franchise decisions (which he didn't have to do), Bosh should have reciprocated.

You're making it sound like I'm defending Colangelo for screwing the pooch here, I'm not, just saying he could've used some help.

Comment

Bottom line: integrity.

Bosh was given the key to the city and this team, and, as the leader, he quit on both. Not only did he quit on both, he complained to the media about his team's lived lack of effort, remember?

If he no longer wanted to play for the Raptors, that's his choice. The "classy" thing to have done, as Arsenalist said, would have been to let BC know, so that in effect he would have been giving back to the franchise that seemed to do everything to make him happy. Simple and fair enough, no?

BC just said what was going on. I don't think he did it to malign Bosh.

At the end of the day, Bosh is just another product of the me(/youtube) generation.

Comment

As for BC, interesting how all of the injury talk or Bosh possibly tanking is now a topic of conversation. He took extra days to get right and that is a sign of tanking? lol. Those are excuses and an indictment of the team he assembled.

Tell me something Bryan, how good was the roster you put together? A "50 win' team doesn't depend on one player unless his name is LeBron and from your talk the past few weeks you've continually hinted that Bosh is not the franchise type so wouldn't the rest of the roster and team be able to pick it up and get wins even with Chris being out? Was he that essential to be on the court for the team to even be competitive let alone get some wins?

His reputation is getting hit left and right and this is a sad attempt to try and save some of his pride and ego.

The roster he put together last year, and this year, is as much of a fraud as he is.
                  you have a point sleepz, but what you fail to realize is one, BC could have traded Bosh midway through the season sensing he already had his mind made up that he wasnt going to re-sign with toronto. Bosh doesnt have a no-trade clause, so BC couldve been a real jerk and sent him over to another team for younger pieces, but he didnt. If that happened, Bosh would only have gotten 80mil max on a sign deal. but now he got 110mil. but bosh knew this, as a superstar, it would be the utmost disrespect if he got traded without BC telling him first, so he played the team pretty good. he waited till the end of the season to actually make his "decision" to leave when in reality he already figured it out a long time ago.

everybody knows, in every sport, there is a go-to guy. that is why they invented the term "franchise player" and "go-to guy". even in peewee leagues, there's always this one kid who stood out and the coach fielded other kids in that complimented this kid's game. and bosh was that piece with the raps. BC did everything to build around him but he just cant make players around him, well, play around him.

Comment

I'm not saying he owed him anything. But after playing 7 years for a franchise there's something to be said for giving each other a fair deal. It's clear now that Bosh never intended to re-sign and he should have communicated that to BC, not because we would've gotten a whole lot more in exchange, but at least the franchise wouldn't have wasted a full year.

Look, I get it, he doesn't have to say anything to BC and it's in his right to withhold any such information, but just as BC showed him the courtesy of giving input in free-agent/trade/franchise decisions (which he didn't have to do), Bosh should have reciprocated.

You're making it sound like I'm defending Colangelo for screwing the pooch here, I'm not, just saying he could've used some help.
                    What I also said was that maybe there was no such information to withhold. What Miami ended up doing wasn't assured until later in the free agency process. Maybe Bosh hadn't decided right away, although he ultimately ended up leaving.

I also have heard you comment throught-out the year (if I'm wrong please correct me) that Colangelo should be fired if he couldn't resign Bosh or that he should trade him if he is not certain that he could get this committment as it's HIS JOB to manage the teams interests in the long term.

He should have looked at the roster he assembled and used his brain.

Comment

Some people are sayaing it was OK for him to take the time off to make sure he was right, and that if he had reinjured himself, we would all be calling him stupid for coming back too early.

I totally disagree. There is a difference between a player playing through an injury (bad idea) and a player playing through pain (heroic). The Raptors' doctors had CLEARED him. He was fine.

I'm not trying to advocate for Bosh or BC in the hatewars going on right now, but I really think it is irrefutable that Bosh should be held responsible for sitting out those 6 games (close to 2 weeks), and not his health.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

fuck bosh what a fucking pussy. he should learn from ginobili and nash. they both broke their noses and still played. im so happy hes gone fuckin dinosaur.

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                          Bosh is the only fraud. If you get paid 17 million to play basketball you better get out their and give your all. No matter what team you play for. WHen your best player mails it in and your second best player in Hedo you will be lucky to get to 500 winning%. Sorry your arguement sleepz doesn't make sense. The raps were 10 games away from 50 wins if Bosh plays hard in the second half and Hedo averages 15-5-5 we get 50 wins. THe Fact is if your best player mails it in, its hard to be successful because he is your leader most of the time.
                          exactly man this argument goes two ways if bosh tanked after allstar break then he is a lousy bitch that doesn't deserve our time and if he just simply was having a bad spell then he is not a max player because max players never have a bad spell and even if they do it is just a few games not like 10-20 games which bosh was pure crap, I never heard of lebron having an extended spell of bad games
                          ya dun noe

Comment

What I also said was that maybe there was no such information to withhold. What Miami ended up doing wasn't assured until later in the free agency process. Maybe Bosh hadn't decided right away, although he ultimately ended up leaving.

I also have heard you comment throught-out the year (if I'm wrong please correct me) that Colangelo should be fired if he couldn't resign Bosh or that he should trade him if he is not certain that he could get this committment as it's HIS JOB to manage the teams interests in the long term.

He should have looked at the roster he assembled and used his brain.
                            sorry sleepz, pls dont think im teaming with Arse to gang up on you, but your points are good for me to raise my counter points. I think it was pretty clear when Bosh re-signed with Toronto in 2007 that he was opening the doors for a possible exit, as his contract was structured exactly the same way as lebron and wade. i dont think it was coincidence since melo was in their class but he opted to sign a longer deal with the nuggets. but in fairness to bosh, he did give toronto 3 more years to make the team a contender for him, but it just didnt work.

and the thing that everybody fails to notice is, bosh never really put an anchor on toronto. he didnt make lifelong friends to force himself to stay here. playing here for 7 years, i dont think he even owns a house here. wade is really close with haslem and quentin and did so much for miami. lebron lives in akron, and is really close with big z. what im getting at is bosh didnt really foster relationships with his teammates beyond bastketball, and i guess thats why he couldnt make his teammates work around him. in every job you have to have good rapport with your officemates not just at work but outside work too.

Comment

If this is true then he lied to the Raptors organization, the media and the fans about a lot of things. If he didn't want to come back to Toronto he should have done the honorable thing and just said so. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the injury but now after reading this I no longer have any respect for him...

Comment

fuck him.. he's miami's problem now.

let them worry about why their minimum wage aging and broken backups are showing more effort than him..

i hope he gets herpes in south beach

Comment

Working...
                                X