Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 102

Thread: Colangelo Says Bosh "Checked Out" (Sun Article Posted On Pg.6/Post #43)

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know why all you raptor fans are upset that BC said this. We ALL knew it from watching the games that Bosh mailed it in. And it happened to be a good thing, the Raptors got Ed Davis instead of being swept by a Bosh-led Raptor team in the playoffs. Garnett did more with less talent around him than bosh in minnesota. Gasol led his team to the playoffs with Mike Miller as the second best player. Bosh couldn't take the Raptors to a .500 record with Hedo, Bargnani and Jarrett Jack. Its safe to say no one will regret Bosh leaving when you will be paying him 20+ million a year for mediocre results. Best to start over again

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.. You saw how we played at the end of the first half of the season, we wouldn't have gotten swept. How is this one step closer when we're minus our franchise player in Bosh, what are we without him? A very much less than mediocre team. Tanking doesn't get us anywhere.. Franchise players don't come around every year like a lot of you think.

    But the fact is, Bosh wasn't in it the second half of the season. Everyone knows it. BC's telling the truth, not trying to bash on Bosh.
    Yes they would have gotten swept. The Raptors beat up on bad teams for the majority of those 40 wins. Check the schedule out, they won 5 games against good teams and 35 against mediocre to bad teams. Chicago was a better team than Toronto and gave Clevelend a harder time than Toronto would have.

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    So you are comparing him to guys like Nowitzki and LeBron and Kobe?

    Aren't those 'franchise' guys?

    A haven't seen a team 'built' around Bosh other than the one that won the division (the weak division).

    There's a difference between building around or building with. Colangelo had his own vision and Chris was a part of it. He never completely built around Bosh, even though BC's gone to great lengths to argue this to the fans.
    Do you really believe this? I don't fully understand the argument here. Is it whether BC or Bosh is at fault for the current state of the raptors?

    BC built around Bosh, he just didn't' realize until it was too late that he was building around Zach Randolph instead of Tim Duncan. You can't build around a foundation that only gives you 20-10 and leaves every other aspect of being a franchise guy to be desired. To be honest, no one could have really known until the second half of the season, there were hints, but the writing was never on the wall until he started selfishly putting himself above everyone else. That was when I knew he didn't have what it takes to be a leader, a warrior or especially a champion.

    I would be considered in the Bosh hater fan club, but I'm not mad at what he did. He went to play with his boyz and potentially win 4 straight rings as Alfred. It was a smart move on all levels and showed a level of self awareness I didn't think was possible.

    Anyone who thought he was ever resigning was naive, we all were, this was clearly planned for a long time and his silence during the preceding weeks before July 1st spoke volumes. BC got pigeon holed and there wasn't anything any other GM could have or would have done.

    Who really cares anyways? The guy showed his true colors when his team needed him most and I for one am happy he is gone. I would much rather have Amir and Davis at the PF for the next 4 years at a fraction of the cost than have to rely on his wobbly knees and fragile psyche jumping ship during another pivotal moment in this franchise.

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ibzilla wrote: View Post
    Yes they would have gotten swept. The Raptors beat up on bad teams for the majority of those 40 wins. Check the schedule out, they won 5 games against good teams and 35 against mediocre to bad teams. Chicago was a better team than Toronto and gave Clevelend a harder time than Toronto would have.
    Um, okay.. Did you check out Chicago's schedule as well? How'd they fair any better.. The Raptors stayed in every battle with the Cavs, if any of you watched those games, you'd know what I was talking about. I have a friend who's a Bulls fan, and I've been over this with him.. I admit, the Bulls have faired better in the playoffs. But, if Bosh didn't give up the last half of the season, then the Raptors would have had a better chance.

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Own Up wrote: View Post
    sleepz: "If Bosh DID tank, then why all that energy and ... trying to sign him."

    what energy? as tbihis already said: "BC didnt even go to the meeting with bosh during his FA to convince him to sign. he sent mark everest. who? yeah. exactly."
    BC said until the last minute that he wanted to keep Bosh. Maybe he was lying and quite honestly since i've heard his comments over the past few months I'm beginning to think he is very good at this.

    Look, I don't think he could have traded Bosh during the year as no team wants a guy on his last year as he might not re-sign with that team, which would mean Bosh would have had to come to him before the season started to tell him he wasn't going to sign and quite honestly unlike BC's slant, I don't think Bosh had made up his mind about anything at that time cause there were way too many variables and uncertainties. He couldn't have known there would be the 'perfect storm'lol in Miami although BC was the catalyst of this storm when Riley got back O'Neals contract in exchange for a worn out Marion.

    Bosh is gone. BC is trying to find somewhere for you to direct your anger and future dissapointments, instead of calling himself out. He questions Boshes injuries and most fans should question his GM skills.

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If it was never completely built around Bosh then who was the other guy it was built around? Certainly wasn't Jose or Andrea. They've always been supporting cast.
    If you were building around a PF who uses the mid-range game and gets to the line, Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon would be the guys you complimented him with? There was never a good shot creator on this team since Carter, which was always a glaring and obvious need.

    Thats why I am saying it was built 'with' him in mind. He acknowledged he was their best player but the players brought in to 'compliment' him was BC's vision of a international squad that ran and shot jumpers. Never any attention to defence, rebounding or shot-blocking. The type of teams assembled under BC's watch don't appear to me to be teams built around one player.

    It's all BC's vision. The only few year's where there was success was when we had a pg that could penetrate in Ford. BC never attempted to figure this out and duplicate this formula again.

    Why did he even fire Mitchell? He got them to the playoffs two years running and helped coach 8 new players to a division title and had a great relationship with Chris. He fired him at 8-9 cause he didn't like that he sat Bargnani who couldn't do what the coach needed him to do, yet Triano is still coaching this team? lol

    I'm not saying he never viewed Bosh as his best player but to me he never really built or continued to build a team around him properly contray to what he says to reporters and fans. I'm also not saynig that we would have had huge success trying to do it that way but I don't drink the BC koolaid he readily supplies the masses.

    He says he's accountable for the record but then goes on saying how they won 29 games before the break and then Bosh stopped playing. Doesn't a talented team still battle through injuries. I saw Portland do it last year, cause they are a deep talented team, the Raptors are not and he's the guy that created this team.

  7. #67
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anyone check out the Miami Herald article with their opinion of Colangelo's comments. In my opinion, Bosh himself opened the floodgates and Colangelo is responding fairly. Had Bosh shown the class he displayed at all points in his career up until the all star break, then all would have stayed quiet.

    http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2...-hack-job.html

  8. #68
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    ok, first of all, you cant make a trade just because a sportscaster starts spreading rumors that he believes you franchise player will not re-sign. you have to hear it straight from the horse's mouth as they say. bosh should have had the audacity to tell BC, hey, thanks for the 7 years but im not coming back next year.

    personally, i dont think bosh tanked. and neither does BC. what he merely was saying that the supposed injury was not severe enough for him not to play. BC is saying that that time that bosh sat down was crucial for the team, and that it would probably have gone another way if bosh chose to play. if BC thought bosh tanked, he wouldve said that bosh never played his heart out since the beginning of the season, but he didnt say that.

    i do agree with your point with the loyalty part, but that is not the issue here. the raps were loyal to bosh from beginning to end. they had a chance to trade him, but they didnt.they give him a max extension even though he never took this team past the 1st round. the raps did all they can, with limited resources and a so-so reputation to build a good team around bosh, and gave him input on who they should get. i mean when they let sam go, why did they get triano when there were a bunch more experienced coaches in the market? because bosh had a really good working relationship with triano. and bosh knows he can manipulate triano. it clearly shows how loyal the team was to bosh in this case, but i dont think bosh reciprocated it. i understand the whole "i got to do whats best for me" argument on bosh's part, but the least he could do was tell this team that he was leaving way before everybody did, a show of respect to a franchise that gave you everything in your 7 year career.

    like i said, im siding with BC here. he did trades that bosh knew about (im sure he approved coz he didnt ask for a trade after those transactions were completed), the franchise did everything for Bosh and now BC is the one coming out as the villain.

    btw, he said with the current roster, kleiza is the best post up player they have. he was just being honest. if he said calderon was the best post up player on the current roster, then that would stir you up even more huh?
    I'm pretty sure that The GM didn't wake up one day and hear Jalen Rose proclaim this and say "Wow, I had no clue he felt this way!" Nobody knows the Raptors more than him and if he couldn't get a true read on what Bosh was planning or doing, then that's on him. If Bosh really had no intention at all of coming back (and there's no proof of this) and he hoodwinked The GM, then the worst case scenario is that a 25 yr old kid outsmarted a 2 time Executive Of The Year that is supposed to be the smartest guy in the room. I'm not sure I would feel comfortable as a fan about this.

    The team was loyal to Chris Bosh because he was their best player. They gave him a max deal because he was a perrenial all star and he was the most popular player on the team and they made money off of him. They didn't trade him because they wouldn't get enough in a deal and because you don't trade players like him. He was no more 'loyal' to the team as he was to them. If he sucked or got injured or got in trouble, the Raptors would have traded him in a second. They didn't pay him this money because he was a nice guy. And if The GM did operate this team on the whims of Bosh and bend to his will, then that is once again an indictment on him. Toronto already went down this path once and it lead to Joey Graham. Michael Jordan was shown preferential treatment, but Jerry Krause made moves that Jordan didn't approve of (Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc, Ron Harper, not resigning Brad Sellars) to the point where Jordan was openly hostile to him, but he did what was best for the team. Same with LA and Kobe (Andrew Bynum).

    Look, I'm not saying that The GM didn't try, but it's his job, as talent evaluator and 'lead executive' to make tough decisions about how this team is headed. We can put all the excuses we want on this and what Bosh did and didn't say, but no one said the job was easy. And the talent he chose to put around Bosh turned out to be woefully inadequate. TJ Ford, Andrea Bargnani, Jarrett Jack, Jason Kapono, Jermaine O'Neil, Hedo Turkoglu. This isn't the Showtime Lakers.

    I guess what I should have conveyed in my first post is, I'm not quite sure WHY this interview happened and what I, as a fan, am supposed to take from this. Am I supposed to be mad at Bosh? Am I supposed to feel bad for The GM because he was dealt bad luck and was lied to? Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but it had the vibe of "Listen, it's not me, it was that our franchise player checked out and wasn't that talented in the first place". And it seems to be the mantra from all those connected from MLSE. I remember the day that he said he was going to Miami, the 2 announcers went on the FAN midday show and did the whole "No offence to Bosh, but while he was here, they never advanced past the 1st Round" thinking, like it was all his fault and that he wasn't worthy of being a 'franchise player'. But this guy was/is one of the best players in the league, checked out or not, and these guys don't grow on trees. This isn't hockey (when you can rely on a hot goalie) or football (where a great defence can cover for a bad QB). Talent wins in the NBA and no matter what system you have or how smart your coach is, it usually the guys with the best players wins and I can't see how the Raps are better without him. We went through this scortched earth policy before with our last 'franchise player' and it didn't turn out well and it feels like it's the same thing again.
    Last edited by DirtyMikeSeaver; Tue Jul 27th, 2010 at 02:42 PM.

  9. #69
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty sure that The GM didn't wake up one day and hear Jalen Rose proclaim this and say "Wow, I had no clue he felt this way!" Nobody knows the Raptors more than him and if he couldn't get a true read on what Bosh was planning or doing, then that's on him. If Bosh really had no intention at all of coming back (and there's no proof of this) and he hoodwinked The GM, then the worst case scenario is that a 25 yr old kid outsmarted a 2 time Executive Of The Year that is supposed to be the smartest guy in the room. I'm not sure I would feel comfortable as a fan about this.

    The team was loyal to Chris Bosh because he was there best player. They gave him a max deal because he was a perrenial all star and he was the most popular player on the team and they made money off of him. They didn't trade him because they wouldn't get enough in a deal and because you don't trade players like him. He was no more 'loyal' to the team as he was to them. If he sucked or got injured or got in trouble, the Raptors would have traded him in a second. They didn't pay him this money because he was a nice guy. And if The GM did operate this team on the whims of Bosh and bend to his will, then that is once again an indictment on him. Toronto already went down this path once and it lead to Joey Graham. Michael Jordan was shown preferential treatment, but Jerry Krause made moves that Jordan didn't approve (Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc, Ron Harper, not resigning Brad Sellars) to the point where Jordan was openly hostile to him, but he did what was best for the team. Same with LA and Kobe (Andrew Bynum).

    Look, I'm not saying that The GM didn't try, but it's his job, as talent evaluator and 'lead executive' to make tough decisions about how this team is headed. We can put all the excuses we want on this and what Bosh did and didn't say, but no one said the job was easy. And the talent he chose to put around Bosh turned out to be woefully bereft. TJ Ford, Andrea Bargnani, Jarrett Jack, Jason Kapono, Jermaine O'Neil, Hedo Turkoglu. This isn't the Showtime Lakers.

    I guess what I should have conveyed in my first post is, I'm not quite sure WHY this interview happened and what I, as a fan, am supposed to take from this. Am I supposed to be mad at Bosh? Am I supposed to feel bad for The GM because he was dealt bad luck and was lied to? Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but it had the vibe of "Listen, it's not me, it was that our franchise player checked out and wasn't that talented in the first place". And it seems to be the mantra from all those connected from MLSE. I remember the day that he said he was goind, the 2 announcers went on the FAN midday show and did the whole "No offence to Bosh, but while he was here, they never advanced past the 1st Round" thinking, like it was all his fault and that he wasn't worthy of being a 'franchise player'. But this guy was/is one of the best players in the league, checked out or not, and these guys don't grow on trees. This isn't hockey (when you can rely on a hot goalie) or football (where a great defence can cover for a bad QB). Talent wins in the NBA and no matter what system you have or how smart your coach is, it usually the guys with the best players wins and I can't see how the Raps are better without him. We went through this scortched earth policy before with our last 'franchise player' and it didn't turn out well and it feels like it's the same thing again.
    +1

  10. #70
    Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Defending Bosh

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    What a LOAD of CRAP !!! Bad mouthing is player after he is gone, Looking for excuses to justify his failures ....

    Just like a coward, BC is hiding behind excuses and blaming others.
    I still don't get why some people want hold Bosh up on some pedestal while everyone else gets ripped. Turk got his derservedly, Calderon has got some well deserved criticism, as too has Triano, Colanagelo and Bargnani, yet Bosh gets crowned king and given free pass to do as he pleases. Why? Because he put up some good stats? Because he was the best player on the team? Why is he worthy of such praise? He didn't guard anyone, spent most of his offseason's marketing himself rather than improving his game and he always falls off in the second half of the season. I don't mean to devalue what he did do for this team, but really he is just another guy. He shouldn't be imortalized and worshipped because aside from some nice PERSONAL stats, he really didn't accomplish anything.

    Players throw jabs at teammates, management and coaches all the time, and when a GM says something suddenly he is making excuses, and acting a coward. Come on man.
    Deadallus

  11. #71
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote robguy wrote: View Post
    Anyone check out the Miami Herald article with their opinion of Colangelo's comments. In my opinion, Bosh himself opened the floodgates and Colangelo is responding fairly. Had Bosh shown the class he displayed at all points in his career up until the all star break, then all would have stayed quiet.

    http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2...-hack-job.html
    My thoughts on the article is that Bosh was anything but quiet when he walked away from the Raptors. Under the table dealing is bad for the game and just like it was bad for the game in not allowing expansion franchises to be eligible in winning the #1 after their first season played (and additional two subsequent seasons), this one is going to hurt the Raptors and then get fixed.

    In 1995, the NBA had an agreement with the two expansion franchises, the Toronto Raptors and the Vancouver Grizzlies. The agreement stated that both teams would not be eligible to obtain the first overall pick in the 1996, 1997 and 1998 Draft, even if they won the lottery. The Raptors won the 1996 lottery but were forced to settle with the second pick.
    Source: Wikipedia
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jul 27th, 2010 at 03:32 PM.

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BC is full of sh*t and this shows his true colors by trying to bash Bosh, yet wanted to re sign him, after he leaves- str8 up b*tch move from BC. Most of BC's player moves, transactions have been sideways plus his reluctance to trade Bargnani is absolutely befuddling.

    The talent, or lack of, on the recent Raptor rosters has been fleeting to say the least under BC- it's as if he wanted Bosh to carry the whole load w/o any real help just mostly role & fringe NBA players. An injured recovering JO isn't even close. Jose aka The Spanish X Ray- nada. Marion- who? Bargnani- forgetaboutit. BC's untenable reluctance to trade Bargnani and play him as a pseudo center next to skinny man Bosh over the past 2 years- BC is now trying to move Barg's back to PF, was total bs- ask CB. Sam Mitchell was given really weak rosters- 50 wins(really BC?lol), and made a go of it so much so that BC became enamored with his own being thus declaring the Rap's as underachieving when in fact they were over achieving under Sam given the questionable roster talent provided by BC and the subsequent non success of Jay "No Accountability" Triano.



    2010-11 (Bargnani is now the Franchise while Bosh is in Miami. YG'z era. DD breakout year?)
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/roster/

    2009-10 (Jay gets a training camp, instills no accountability era. Rap's 40-42)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2010.html

    2008-09 (Sam fired at 8-9 Jay takes over goes 25-40. Rap's 33-49)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2009.html

    2007-08 (41-41 Playoffs)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2008.html

    2006-07 (Rap's won Atlantic but it was weakest Division in NBA. Rap's 47-35)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2007.html


    Point blank BC has to go along with his Raptor vision that now has Bargnani as the Franchise player while leaving Raptor supporters hoping that a Bosh 14 million dollar TPE and/or Jose,Banks,Evans,Bellineli(Barg's best friend isn't going anywhere) expiring contracts can bring in a true quality veteran NBA player or 2 to go along with the YG'z (DD, Amir, Sonny, Davis & Captain Jack). Triano shouldn't lead this group either- see it, believe it, achieve it....Lottery here we come- as is.

  13. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BC is full of sh*t and this shows his true colors by trying to bash Bosh, yet wanted to re sign him, after he leaves- str8 up b*tch move from BC. Most of BC's player moves, transactions have been sideways plus his reluctance to trade Bargnani is absolutely befuddling.

    The talent, or lack of, on the recent Raptor rosters has been fleeting to say the least under BC- it's as if he wanted Bosh to carry the whole load w/o any real help just mostly role & fringe NBA players. An injured recovering JO isn't even close. Jose aka The Spanish X Ray- nada. Marion- who? Bargnani- forgetaboutit. BC's untenable reluctance to trade Bargnani and play him as a pseudo center next to skinny man Bosh over the past 2 years- BC is now trying to move Barg's back to PF, was total bs- ask CB. Sam Mitchell was given really weak rosters- 50 wins(really BC?lol), and made a go of it so much so that BC became enamored with his own being thus declaring the Rap's as underachieving when in fact they were over achieving under Sam given the questionable roster talent provided by BC and the subsequent non success of Jay "No Accountability" Triano.



    2010-11 (Bargnani is now the Franchise while Bosh is in Miami. YG'z era. DD breakout year?)
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/roster/

    2009-10 (Jay gets a training camp, instills no accountability era. Rap's 40-42)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2010.html

    2008-09 (Sam fired at 8-9 Jay takes over goes 25-40. Rap's 33-49)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2009.html

    2007-08 (41-41 Playoffs)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2008.html

    2006-07 (Rap's won Atlantic but it was weakest Division in NBA. Rap's 47-35)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2007.html


    Point blank BC has to go along with his Raptor vision that now has Bargnani as the Franchise player while leaving Raptor supporters hoping that a Bosh 14 million dollar TPE and/or Jose,Banks,Evans,Bellineli(Barg's best friend isn't going anywhere) expiring contracts can bring in a true quality veteran NBA player or 2 to go along with the YG'z (DD, Amir, Sonny, Davis & Captain Jack). Triano shouldn't lead this group either- see it, believe it, achieve it....Lottery here we come- as is.

  14. #74
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    =). Triano shouldn't lead this group either- see it, believe it, achieve it....Lottery here we come- as is.
    Let Triano coach, give him one more year.
    So that the Raptors will have better lottery chances and a shot at Perry Jones.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NITMcVLpEOI

  15. #75
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    I'm not concerned if others disagree with me especially you. I actually prefer when you disagree with me as it serves to validate my sanity.

    You can say whatever you want and have your opinion, which you are entitled to. I'm not sure what a stat padder is but the fact that you use this term so often obviously indicates you have a firm grasp of what this type of player is, except your arguments never focus on ball or have any proof of any of your accusations. They focus on personal matters that make you look like a bigger woman than 'Rupaul'. Where and when has anyone in the history of the league admitted to 'stat padding'? I still don't know what it consists of but apparently the more you say something you more you think it makes it come true.

    You guys can keep on letting Colangelo get you riled up to distract you from the real upcoming issues of this team. He has you bent on a player that doesn't play here anymore but yet no one can tell me why the team sucked so poorly when Bosh was out. Shouldn't they have been decent with all the talent accumulated by BC? You guys are telling me about "friends and relationships" which makes me laugh. This is sports and it's a business you don't need to make best friends with players on your team and even if that was a concern Bosh and Jack aren't bredrens? Give it a rest. You're all looking for something to moan about and you will have plenty of time for that once the season starts.

    Pizza, when you have some b-ball related things to discuss I will address you in the future, but for now you are beneath responding to cause I don't really know what to say to non-related ball posts. You talk about "illegitimate" kids instead of basketball which indicates how wack you are. Then when a blogger brings up something about Bargnani and pasta you get upset, lol. Your arguments are illegitimate. Love more, hate less.
    Sleepz I'll give you your answer as to why the team played so poorly when RuPaul was not around. I've said it before and I'll say it again and I believe it will all my soul. The team was always and I stress always taught to play around RuPaul's game, and the players were cherry picked to play around RuPaul' game so much so that they don't know how to play wen he's not on the floor. All you need to do is watch the games he was out to see that as soon as RuPaul is hurt or sitting everyone becomes the offensive weapon / ball hog that RuPaul is when he's on the floor. They have no idea how to play team basketball and everyone is trying to make a huge impression. They need a long stretch with real coaching to learn how to play team ball, something they hae not played for alot of years in an effort to build a star that kids and idiots would worship.
    As for stat padding I will explain it to your stupid assine head. RuPaul was only ever concerned with his own stats...PERIOD> He cares and cared nothing of his team or teamates and it has showed with his deceipt of the franchise and how he has yet to mention his teamates etc..
    Oh and by the way in case you have not looked you my man are the lone voice in the woods not me. For every guy that agrees with you there are ten or more that agree with me. I do Know one fella ( I think?) that agrees with you and the is the greatest basketball idiot of all Khandor)
    Love more hate less except when it comes to RuPaul and Hate his Guts forever.

  16. #76
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    If you were building around a PF who uses the mid-range game and gets to the line, Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon would be the guys you complimented him with? There was never a good shot creator on this team since Carter, which was always a glaring and obvious need.

    Thats why I am saying it was built 'with' him in mind. He acknowledged he was their best player but the players brought in to 'compliment' him was BC's vision of a international squad that ran and shot jumpers. Never any attention to defence, rebounding or shot-blocking. The type of teams assembled under BC's watch don't appear to me to be teams built around one player.

    It's all BC's vision. The only few year's where there was success was when we had a pg that could penetrate in Ford. BC never attempted to figure this out and duplicate this formula again.

    Why did he even fire Mitchell? He got them to the playoffs two years running and helped coach 8 new players to a division title and had a great relationship with Chris. He fired him at 8-9 cause he didn't like that he sat Bargnani who couldn't do what the coach needed him to do, yet Triano is still coaching this team? lol

    I'm not saying he never viewed Bosh as his best player but to me he never really built or continued to build a team around him properly contray to what he says to reporters and fans. I'm also not saynig that we would have had huge success trying to do it that way but I don't drink the BC koolaid he readily supplies the masses.

    He says he's accountable for the record but then goes on saying how they won 29 games before the break and then Bosh stopped playing. Doesn't a talented team still battle through injuries. I saw Portland do it last year, cause they are a deep talented team, the Raptors are not and he's the guy that created this team.
    So since BC was wrong at every turn and the Raptors are useless without your man crush, I'm assuming you will leave our graces and start cheering for the Miami bitches that could not lead their respective teams anywhere so decided long ago to collude and join forces and RuPaul forgetting about being the man so they could actually beat real teams with players that have heart like the Lakers, Celtics, and others. LeDouche and RuPaul are both egotistical bitches and they have admitted they cannot lead a team anywhere. All of a sudden RuPaul is talking about his teamates and posing with his teamates...how cute that in Toronto he never did that shit and spoke about his teamates unless a reporter asked him directly and he was always pissed to be asked about anything but himself. He's a dick and I cannot wait to see Garnett scare the shit out ohf him until the day he stops playing, or Gasol show him how a man plays. F**k RuPaul forever!!

  17. #77
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    If you were building around a PF who uses the mid-range game and gets to the line, Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon would be the guys you complimented him with? There was never a good shot creator on this team since Carter, which was always a glaring and obvious need.

    Thats why I am saying it was built 'with' him in mind. He acknowledged he was their best player but the players brought in to 'compliment' him was BC's vision of a international squad that ran and shot jumpers. Never any attention to defence, rebounding or shot-blocking. The type of teams assembled under BC's watch don't appear to me to be teams built around one player.

    It's all BC's vision. The only few year's where there was success was when we had a pg that could penetrate in Ford. BC never attempted to figure this out and duplicate this formula again.
    I disagree almost completely. Bargnani was picked because Lamarcus Aldridge played an identical style to Bosh. Bargnani could at least stretch out to the 3 point line. And please no Brandon Roy comment, no one thought he'd be the player he is right now.

    As for Jose Calderon, he had great offensive synergy with Bosh.

    I'm not sure what your love affinity for TJ Ford was, but you seem to have forgotten that he wasn't that great. Yes he was able to penetrate, but his mid-range game was barely average and he wasn't a threat from beyond the arc. Not to mention Mitchell's love affection for TJ-iso in late game situations to get a bucket... oh god the pain is coming back to me.

    Colangelo tried several strategies building around Bosh: Defense with Jermaine O'Neal/Marion, shot creator with Hedo Turkoglu, outside shooters with Delfino/Kapono/Parker/Bargs. I really don't understand how you think these were not built around Bosh.

  18. #78
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Sleepz I'll give you your answer as to why the team played so poorly when RuPaul was not around. I've said it before and I'll say it again and I believe it will all my soul. The team was always and I stress always taught to play around RuPaul's game, and the players were cherry picked to play around RuPaul' game so much so that they don't know how to play wen he's not on the floor. All you need to do is watch the games he was out to see that as soon as RuPaul is hurt or sitting everyone becomes the offensive weapon / ball hog that RuPaul is when he's on the floor. They have no idea how to play team basketball and everyone is trying to make a huge impression. They need a long stretch with real coaching to learn how to play team ball, something they hae not played for alot of years in an effort to build a star that kids and idiots would worship.
    As for stat padding I will explain it to your stupid assine head. RuPaul was only ever concerned with his own stats...PERIOD> He cares and cared nothing of his team or teamates and it has showed with his deceipt of the franchise and how he has yet to mention his teamates etc..
    Oh and by the way in case you have not looked you my man are the lone voice in the woods not me. For every guy that agrees with you there are ten or more that agree with me. I do Know one fella ( I think?) that agrees with you and the is the greatest basketball idiot of all Khandor)
    Love more hate less except when it comes to RuPaul and Hate his Guts forever.
    "they were cherry picked to play around his game" thats quite the analysis. if you can come up with some actual proof or evidence of your jfk conspiracy theories it would be the first time you said something of subtance. i won't hold my breath as you typically spend more time trying to insult dudes than actually bring something, anything ball worthy to discuss.

    as for me being 'alone' do you think it's a validater that other posters comment along your lines? lol. i say let the sheep continue to be the sheep, my man. i don't need others to validate anything i think or say. i wonder what gm's and coaches think cause i'm more than willing to bet that they would agree with my point of view and laugh at your stat padding, selfish conspiracy theories. bosh took 16 shots a game. bargnani 12. where's the hog? he dropped 24 pts a game cause he went to the rack. thats an issue for you?. a 'stat padder' whatever that is, would have never been respected around the league and if you're going to say boshes game is not respected around the league than once again your hatred has erased any rationale thought you might have had. it's all good though, keep sticking to the insults as that is where your strength lies.

  19. #79
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bosh doesn't have what it takes to be a franchise player and Bryan was right to call him on it, after all the yapping that Bosh has done since the season ended. Comparing Wade to Bosh is interesting.

    Last year's Miami Heat roster was stripped to almost nothing in an attempt to acquire cap space. Despite a joke of a supporting cast, Dwayne Wade carried the Heat to a 47 win season.

    The Raptors roster was deeper than Miami's, yet Chris Bosh could only lift his team to 40 wins last year.

    When Wade was paired with Jermaine O'Neal, the Heat won 47 games. When Bosh was paired with Jermaine O'Neal, the Raptors won 33 games.

    It seems that whatever you put around Wade - he makes them winners. Whatever you put around Bosh - it isn't good enough.

  20. #80
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    So since BC was wrong at every turn and the Raptors are useless without your man crush, I'm assuming you will leave our graces and start cheering for the Miami bitches that could not lead their respective teams anywhere so decided long ago to collude and join forces and RuPaul forgetting about being the man so they could actually beat real teams with players that have heart like the Lakers, Celtics, and others. LeDouche and RuPaul are both egotistical bitches and they have admitted they cannot lead a team anywhere. All of a sudden RuPaul is talking about his teamates and posing with his teamates...how cute that in Toronto he never did that shit and spoke about his teamates unless a reporter asked him directly and he was always pissed to be asked about anything but himself. He's a dick and I cannot wait to see Garnett scare the shit out ohf him until the day he stops playing, or Gasol show him how a man plays. F**k RuPaul forever!!
    I'm a Raptor fan and have been since '95. Ain't a damn thing changed. You love studying and watching a man's movements judging and hating all at the same time. It's quite humorous, but once again says nothing about BASKETBALL. Your assumptions about one man makes me think you're DeNiro obsessing over W. Snipes in The Fan. Relax, you have the team you wanted so the winning should commence as now they will be a real team and all of the assembled talent can shine without Bosh holding them down.

    I cannot wait to see Bosh win a few rings getting recognition and respect on a global level while you seethe, trying to diss him about something unrelated to basketball. lol

    Once again, if you have something basketball related to comment on (highly unlikely), get at me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •