Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Colangelo Says Bosh "Checked Out" (Sun Article Posted On Pg.6/Post #43)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why all you raptor fans are upset that BC said this. We ALL knew it from watching the games that Bosh mailed it in. And it happened to be a good thing, the Raptors got Ed Davis instead of being swept by a Bosh-led Raptor team in the playoffs. Garnett did more with less talent around him than bosh in minnesota. Gasol led his team to the playoffs with Mike Miller as the second best player. Bosh couldn't take the Raptors to a .500 record with Hedo, Bargnani and Jarrett Jack. Its safe to say no one will regret Bosh leaving when you will be paying him 20+ million a year for mediocre results. Best to start over again

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.. You saw how we played at the end of the first half of the season, we wouldn't have gotten swept. How is this one step closer when we're minus our franchise player in Bosh, what are we without him? A very much less than mediocre team. Tanking doesn't get us anywhere.. Franchise players don't come around every year like a lot of you think.

But the fact is, Bosh wasn't in it the second half of the season. Everyone knows it. BC's telling the truth, not trying to bash on Bosh.
    Yes they would have gotten swept. The Raptors beat up on bad teams for the majority of those 40 wins. Check the schedule out, they won 5 games against good teams and 35 against mediocre to bad teams. Chicago was a better team than Toronto and gave Clevelend a harder time than Toronto would have.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    So you are comparing him to guys like Nowitzki and LeBron and Kobe?

Aren't those 'franchise' guys?

A haven't seen a team 'built' around Bosh other than the one that won the division (the weak division).

There's a difference between building around or building with. Colangelo had his own vision and Chris was a part of it. He never completely built around Bosh, even though BC's gone to great lengths to argue this to the fans.
    Do you really believe this? I don't fully understand the argument here. Is it whether BC or Bosh is at fault for the current state of the raptors?

BC built around Bosh, he just didn't' realize until it was too late that he was building around Zach Randolph instead of Tim Duncan. You can't build around a foundation that only gives you 20-10 and leaves every other aspect of being a franchise guy to be desired. To be honest, no one could have really known until the second half of the season, there were hints, but the writing was never on the wall until he started selfishly putting himself above everyone else. That was when I knew he didn't have what it takes to be a leader, a warrior or especially a champion.

I would be considered in the Bosh hater fan club, but I'm not mad at what he did. He went to play with his boyz and potentially win 4 straight rings as Alfred. It was a smart move on all levels and showed a level of self awareness I didn't think was possible.

Anyone who thought he was ever resigning was naive, we all were, this was clearly planned for a long time and his silence during the preceding weeks before July 1st spoke volumes. BC got pigeon holed and there wasn't anything any other GM could have or would have done.

Who really cares anyways? The guy showed his true colors when his team needed him most and I for one am happy he is gone. I would much rather have Amir and Davis at the PF for the next 4 years at a fraction of the cost than have to rely on his wobbly knees and fragile psyche jumping ship during another pivotal moment in this franchise.

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ibzilla wrote: View Post
    Yes they would have gotten swept. The Raptors beat up on bad teams for the majority of those 40 wins. Check the schedule out, they won 5 games against good teams and 35 against mediocre to bad teams. Chicago was a better team than Toronto and gave Clevelend a harder time than Toronto would have.
    Um, okay.. Did you check out Chicago's schedule as well? How'd they fair any better.. The Raptors stayed in every battle with the Cavs,