Guess What? Yet Another Bosh to Miami Rumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess What? Yet Another Bosh to Miami Rumour

These are almost becoming a weekly occurence right now.

# Michael Beasley's strides off the court with his maturity should not be understated. Last summer certainly provided a wakeup call. Yet with his improved recent play, one wonders if that means the Heat now will strike when the value is maximized. I still have a hard time, myself, deciding whether a Bosh-for-Beasley deal in February would be worth losing out on the opportunity to otherwise add a free agent alongside Beasley and Wade in the offseason.

# Remember, though, if the Heat gets a Bosh before the trading deadline, it then can use Bird Rights to re-sign Bosh and Wade, and therefore also be able to use Bird Rights with Haslem, O'Neal and Richardson, if for nothing other than sign-and-trade transactions.
    Source - Click here

Bosh for Beasley again? You have to be kidding me. That's like suggesting Dwight Howard for Andrea Bargnani, there's no comparison no matter how much talent Bargnani has...

If there were to be a trade with Miami I would expect Haslem coming back along with Beasley and maybe something else.

Comment

Miami can keep Beasley. I'd rather keep Bosh and take my chances with him this off-season. If Bosh decides he doesn't want to be here, sign and trade him to the West. But I honestly don't see Bosh leaving Toronto, especially after recruiting Hedo and having Jarrett on the team. And Bosh and Jose are pretty close friends too.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Bosh for Beasley again? You have to be kidding me. That's like suggesting Dwight Howard for Andrea Bargnani, there's no comparison no matter how much talent Bargnani has...

If there were to be a trade with Miami I would expect Haslem coming back along with Beasley and maybe something else.
        The ongoing rumour is Beasley, Haslem and 1 or 2 first round picks (one of those probably being ours anyways from the JO/Marion deal). I don't want an excellent teams first round pick (Bosh and Wade will make Miami an excellent team). It's like trading Kevin Garnett for Al Jefferson, a few scrubs and a couple 1st rounders. Worked out pretty well for Minnesota no? No!

Comment

Haslem is a lot better than Gomes or anyone else not named Al in that trade. People are going to have to face the fact that teams rarely get equal value for stars of the magnitude of Bosh. See the Garnett deal, the Gasol deal, the Carter deal, etc.

Joe Buddy wrote: View Post
          Miami can keep Beasley. I'd rather keep Bosh and take my chances with him this off-season. If Bosh decides he doesn't want to be here, sign and trade him to the West. But I honestly don't see Bosh leaving Toronto, especially after recruiting Hedo and having Jarrett on the team. And Bosh and Jose are pretty close friends too.
          Come summer the Raptors may have no choice. If he wants out and he says Miami is the club and he's playing the card that he's willing to walk away from the extra $30M then the Raptors are placed in the position to either call Bosh's bluff and risk him walking or working the S&T and at that point for potentially less as they have a little less leverage because he's made his intentions clear.
          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 8, 2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Let's look at it this way. Why don't we promise Bosh in January that we'll break the bank and do everything possible to sign Dwayne Wade. Oh wait, we can't, we got $63M in guaranteed contracts for next year and the only way that would happen is via trade. So, let's ship Bargnani, Calderon, an unprotected first round pick to Miami this summer in a S&T. Outside the box BC, outside the box! Steve Fruitman too, take note.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Haslem is a lot better than Gomes or anyone else not named Al in that trade. People are going to have to face the fact that teams rarely get equal value for stars of the magnitude of Bosh. See the Garnett deal, the Gasol deal, the Carter deal, etc.

Come summer the Raptors may have no choice. If he wants out and he says Miami is the club and he's playing the card that he's willing to walk away from the extra $30M then the Raptors are placed in the position to either call Bosh's bluff and risk him walking or working the S&T and at that point for potentially less as they have a little less leverage because he's made his intentions clear.
              Gomes was also a lot younger at the time of that trade than Haslem is now. And Haslem is an expiring contract, I highly doubt he would re-sign with us unless we were to make a deep playoff push.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                Let's look at it this way. Why don't we promise Bosh in January that we'll break the bank and do everything possible to sign Dwayne Wade. Oh wait, we can't, we got $63M in guaranteed contracts for next year and the only way that would happen is via trade. So, let's ship Bargnani, Calderon, an unprotected first round pick to Miami this summer in a S&T. Outside the box BC, outside the box! Steve Fruitman too, take note.
                +1

Although getting a top tier free agent like Wade is a massive pipe dream.

Personally I'm getting tired of Miami news medias obsession with Bosh and how certain they are that they actually have a chance to land him. Same with Chicago and even Cleveland to an extent (which I laugh at). If he can carry this team to the playoffs and actually make some noise while they're there, why would he want to leave the $30+ million? Colnagelo has more leverage than people in the american media give him credit for... it's up to him if he wants to do a sign and trade with a team and give Bosh the max. NO WAY would Bosh leave that extra money to sign with a contender. If there's anything we can learn from his recent DVD promotion, its that money is certainly a big factor for him.

Comment

Joe Buddy wrote: View Post
                  Gomes was also a lot younger at the time of that trade than Haslem is now. And Haslem is an expiring contract, I highly doubt he would re-sign with us unless we were to make a deep playoff push.
                  Haslem is only 29 years old. He may be in the league for another seven or eight years.

abstract wrote: View Post
                  +1

Although getting a top tier free agent like Wade is a massive pipe dream.

Personally I'm getting tired of Miami news medias obsession with Bosh and how certain they are that they actually have a chance to land him. Same with Chicago and even Cleveland to an extent (which I laugh at). If he can carry this team to the playoffs and actually make some noise while they're there, why would he want to leave the $30+ million? Colnagelo has more leverage than people in the american media give him credit for... it's up to him if he wants to do a sign and trade with a team and give Bosh the max. NO WAY would Bosh leave that extra money to sign with a contender. If there's anything we can learn from his recent DVD promotion, its that money is certainly a big factor for him.
                  Am I the only one who sees that as highly unlikely?
                  Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 8, 2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    The only possible way Miami would ever consider trading Wade would be for two things to happen:

1) The Heat would have completely falter this season and finish near the bottom of the EC; and,
                    2) The Heat ownership would have to be unwilling to increase the total team salary above the luxury tax.

If these two things happen it could convince BOTH Bosh and Wade that signing together long-term in Miami may work out since the rest of the team really sucks and the ownership isn't willing to bring in better players.

But even that argument only holds water for the first 1-2 years of their 6/7-year contacts because if they show that they alone can carry this team into the playoffs, the ownership would than no doubt decide to spend above the luxury tax to bring in better supporting cast of players to give The Bosh/Wade Co. the opportunity to make a legitimate title run.

But at the end of the day, if all things are equal in comparing the Raptors and Heat, I think Bosh and Wade would choose to spend the 7-8 months of the NBA season in Miami than Toronto.
                    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Wed Dec 9, 2009, 11:05 AM.
                    RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                      The only possible way Miami would ever consider trading Wade would be for two things to happen:

1) The Heat would have completely falter this season and finish near the bottom of the EC; and,
                      2) The Heat ownership would have to be unwilling to increase the total team salary above the luxury tax.
                      One more would be Wade goes down with an knee injury and they become weary about giving him max money.

Comment

Working...
                      X