HoopsWorld.com Ranks Raptors 13th (Out Of 15) In The East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoopsWorld.com Ranks Raptors 13th (Out Of 15) In The East

13. Toronto Raptors – Even though the Raptors won't be making the playoffs this season, Bryan Colangelo deserves some credit for the moves he has made this offseason. Ed Davis looked like a man among boys in Las Vegas, swapping Hedo Turkoglu for Leandro Barbosa will give the team cap flexibility in two years, and DeMar DeRozan and Sonny Weems appear ready for increased roles judging by their Summer League performances. Whenever a team loses a franchise player, it's difficult to rebound the following season. But rather than fielding the leftovers and becoming irrelevant, Toronto will have an identity and young players to build around. They'll obviously miss Bosh's production but we'll be hearing from the Raptors again in a few years once their young talent develops and that's because Colangelo was willing to make the necessary moves - and admit some of his mistakes - this summer.
    Source: HoopsWorld.com

I can't remember a time when the entire North American media was wrong about the abilities of a major sports team and I don't think the raptors will set a precedent. I've resigned myself that the raptors will be around where Vegas projects them to be with the current roster. While they could surprise some teams with thier feistyness, there is no way they can make the playoffs as they are currently constructed.

They do have chips to dramatically improve the roster if BC ever finds that elusive home run.

Comment

I completely agree with them.

Comment

12 or 13 is my prediction as well given that we stay with the current players.

Comment

i say around 12-14 range so 13 seems like a fair assumption

Comment

While I don't agree with the ranking, I agree with what was written about us. After losing a major player it's hard to rebuild but at least we have young gunz, and an identity in this leauge.
            Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Who cares what the predictions are, it only matters once the season starts. They could be a complete bust or a great team. Who knows whats going to transpire over the summer with the players development. I honestly think Bargs needed more spotlight on him, and I think he's going to be able to make the Raps a top 5 team in the East.

Comment

Arenick wrote: View Post
                While I don't agree with the ranking, I agree with what was written about us. After losing a major player it's hard to rebuild but at least we have young gunz, and an identity in this leauge.
                Stop loathing

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                  Who cares what the predictions are, it only matters once the season starts. They could be a complete bust or a great team. Who knows whats going to transpire over the summer with the players development. I honestly think Bargs needed more spotlight on him, and I think he's going to be able to make the Raps a top 5 team in the East.
                  Ok honestly you gotta stop with that Koolaid stuff. There is NO WAY this current team can compete in the top of the East right now, absolute Nonsense to even to think of that idea. So don't post stupid comments like that, it really portrays a delusional view of the player you are commenting on and on the team's chances, completely ignoring the reality of the situation and offering no insight or reasoning to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X