X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Dunleavy - SF

What about this trade:

Memphis gets: Jose
    Indiana gets: Mike Conley, Demarre Carrol (filler) and about 6 mil. of the Bosh TPE
    Toronto gets: Mike Dunleavy, Hamid Haddadi

Memphis needs a PG as it sounds like they've soured on Conley and Mayo doesn't look able to make the shift. They take on some salary this year and for the next 2 but it's not crazy. If they make the playoffs, I think they'd make back the financial burden they took on, even without winning a game in the post-season.

Indiana gets some instant salary relief without really affecting their long-term picture (since none of the players they get last longer than a year) and get to give Conley a try-out. I think Price is injured as well so they need a body for the start of the season.

Toronto gets a true C, albeit a project whose numbers say he's a major rebounder. More importantly, they get a decent SF which I think they could use since Kleiza, De Rozan and Weems are all question marks (at least at SF). And they lose 2 years of Jose's salary.

I haven't seen a lot of Dunleavy (and next to none of Haddadi) but this seems like a sensible trade for all sides. Anyone got any thoughts?

Haddadi is raw.. like really raw. I don't think you can stick him in the starting lineup, give him major minutes and expect him to perform admirably.

Dunleavy is just salary relief. I would like a better return than that for Calderon, but to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the TPE being used for cap relief.

Comment

I don't think this team is likely to get much more for Jose now that the Charlotte trade got so publicly killed. Who needs a PG? Charlotte - don't want Jose apparently; Philadelphia - what would we take back in return? Detroit - don't think they'd want Jose at his salary; maybe Minnesota?

Maybe it's worth waiting.

And I'm not suggesting for a second that Haddadi start. He's just another rotation big (maybe)

Comment

Sam wrote: View Post
        What about this trade:

Memphis gets: Jose
        Indiana gets: Mike Conley, Demarre Carrol (filler) and about 6 mil. of the Bosh TPE
        Toronto gets: Mike Dunleavy, Hamid Haddadi

Memphis needs a PG as it sounds like they've soured on Conley and Mayo doesn't look able to make the shift. They take on some salary this year and for the next 2 but it's not crazy. If they make the playoffs, I think they'd make back the financial burden they took on, even without winning a game in the post-season.

Indiana gets some instant salary relief without really affecting their long-term picture (since none of the players they get last longer than a year) and get to give Conley a try-out. I think Price is injured as well so they need a body for the start of the season.

Toronto gets a true C, albeit a project whose numbers say he's a major rebounder. More importantly, they get a decent SF which I think they could use since Kleiza, De Rozan and Weems are all question marks (at least at SF). And they lose 2 years of Jose's salary.

I haven't seen a lot of Dunleavy (and next to none of Haddadi) but this seems like a sensible trade for all sides. Anyone got any thoughts?
        While I'm not sure how good a fit Dunleavy would make, Haddadi is a very interesting proposition. While the raps have lots of interchangeable pieces from the 2 to the 4, we lack a true center and this guy, while raw, has the length to have a drastic impact on the boards. Also, the big Iranian would probably be far more comfortable living in Toronto than in Memphis. Not to mention the fact that he is, apparently, a rockstar.

Comment

Indiana and Memphis are logical trade partners for the Raptors;

Neither team are happy with the PGs in their current rosters going into the season and would like an improvement; Calderon would work out for either one, the problem is of course that they ' ll have to absorb Calderon 's salary for the next two years and that a tough one;

Dunleavy , Haddadi are not exactly good fits for the Raptors but that would not matter at all because the bottom line here is for BC to get rid of Calderon.

Hopefully BC gets something done with either team.

Comment

that's not worth it. let's go get james johonson from chicago who they've been dabbling all offseason.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              that's not worth it. let's go get james johonson from chicago who they've been dabbling all offseason.
              And at halftime, we could get Johnson to wrestle bears in an octagon to entertain the fans.

Comment

As I see it Calderon really only has three destinations. Portland, Memphis and Indiana all in need of a true point guard. Portland would be a perfect fit if it wasn't for the failings of his country men Fernandez. Pryzbilla and Bayless for calderon and evans or tpe. The indy, memphis and raptors three way trade makes alot of sense.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  And at halftime, we could get Johnson to wrestle bears in an octagon to entertain the fans.
                  LOOOOOLLL, that was great.

Did Memphis say they want Jose and his 29 million + 10% trade kicker contract !!!

The last thing I know from Memphis was that Mayo was playing in summer league trying to polish his PG skills and ...

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                    As I see it Calderon really only has three destinations. Portland, Memphis and Indiana all in need of a true point guard. Portland would be a perfect fit if it wasn't for the failings of his country men Fernandez. Pryzbilla and Bayless for calderon and evans or tpe. The indy, memphis and raptors three way trade makes alot of sense.
                    Why Portland needs a true PG ??
                    They have Miller and also Roy who loves the ball in his hand.

Memphis, Read my last post.

Indiana, They can not afford paying almost 19 million to PG ( Jose and Ford) in a season.

Jose is ours to keep boys.

Comment

Story I read on ESPN said Mayo sucked in Summer League as a PG. And the fact that Memphis was getting him the practice probably says something about how they feel about Conley. Your point about Jose's trade kicker is good though. It's just I don't see Indiana taking Jose straight up for some reason. Maybe it's because TJ is still on their roster. Not sure that's rational. Jose for Dunleavy probably works.

Comment

I don't think this trade would work for a couple of cap reasons. Also TOR would not need to use TPE because player going out versus player coming in is within 125% + 100K. TOR would not be able to accept the bear cage wrestler in this trade either - would have to send more out to match salary. Memphis would have to send more out to match salary. This would work:

TOR - Dunleavey
                        MEM - Jose
                        IND - Conley, Carroll, Haddid

It would be interesting to know the value of Jose in the league. It would appear to me a salary dump would be the best to get for him now. For all the Jose-lovers (don't get me wrong, great person, great backup PG) think about the starting PG's in the league and compare Jose against him - he is a bottom 1/3 starting PG in this league.

For those who continue to knock him going to POR as I've said many times here, you obviously do not know anything about POR team dynamics and the style of play they have. Miller can't shoot and needs the ball. Roy is awesome and gets the ball in half court sets. The only job of the ideal PG in POR is to get the ball up court, deliver it to Roy, and knock down open jumpers which Miller can't do, Fernandez can do but needs/wants ball in his hands, and Bayless is more of a scoring,slashing PG (think bigger Barbosa with a better handle and dunking ability).

The biggest problem with Calderon going to Portland is salary cap/luxury tax. Portland is trying to get under the cap and they'd have to give up too much to achieve that with taking on Calderon.

Comment

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi..._trying_t.html

Interesting write up on Dunleavy.

Comment

Working...
                          X