Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A List Of Suitable Centers For Raptors

Post Thanks / Like

First of All, Sofo is not 6'10'' in a 100 years, he's as tall as Reggie. A solid and strong player who is very quick for his weight. The clippers have his rights but i don't thinh he is a starter in this league. He dominated in the E-league but just played 15-20 minutes a game in part because of his stamina and his tendency to commint fouls. With a player like Eric Dampier playing defense on him, he's useless.

If you want a good Euro center who could be a starter some day, you should look at Iannis Bourousis. He's the starter in the Greek National Team and has been in the plans of the Spurs for some time now.

The ideal center for our Raptors is in my opinion Marcin Gortat. A great defensive center, excelent rebounder, very good shot blocker. He plays excelent one on one defense in the post and is very atlethic for his size. Offensively he's limited but with a solid passer around him (jose) he could put 10 or 12 pts without problems.
    Conssidering Orlando is way over the luxury tax, maybe we can use the trade exception plus some player to bring him, he'll be happy with toronto because all he wants is minutes and an oportunitty to play, he said that in the past

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Gortat is the best option for the Raps. He along with Pietrus (sf) would be good additions at this stage of team evolution. Until they signed Duhon they did have a need for a pg so I am unsure what would be needed to entice them to part with these players other than their luxury tax position.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised no one (I think) has mentioned him...but I would really like to see the Raps target Andris Biedrins.

I'd be quite happy with Gortat, who Orlando certainly would deal, but I think Biedrins would be ideal.

Biedrins can run the floor, rebound and block...which is exactly what the Raps need. He gets some garbage points around the basket, but offense is not a priority at that position for the Raps. GS is apparently looking to shed salary too (he and Monta have been mentioned as the prime candidates).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

*Przybilla, not Pryzbilla

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information