Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DeMar Slowly Becoming More Confident & Comfortable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DeMar Slowly Becoming More Confident & Comfortable?

Over the last couple games have others here noticed a change in DeMar? Could it be that he's finally getting over that rookie hump? He seems to becoming more and more patient on offense, but at the same time still isn't hesitant in attacking the rim which I love. The shot appears to be falling, but if there are a couple areas I'd love to see him improve in is his man defence as well being able to create a little more of offense.

What do you guys think?

But when DeRozan came to Canada as the Toronto Raptors’ first-round draft pick, the Compton Swag did not make the trip. At least not in the beginning, though the 20-year-old rookie has shown signs of his old swagger and explosiveness lately.

“It means going back to my roots,” DeRozan said Monday of the Compton Swag. “What I was always known for doing — getting to the basket, being aggressive and just doing that — and not trying to be Hedo Turkoglu but trying to be me.”

Turkoglu is a gifted passer and a marksman from the perimeter. He is everything DeRozan, a natural dunker, is not. But DeRozan tried to imitate the Turkish star in the beginning.

“I got too caught up with being a jump-shooter,” he said. “I had to get back to what I did best.”
    Source - Click here

I think he is just starting work with what he has which is slashing and driving to basket. Getting to the line too, using his explosiveness i havent seen anyone keep up with him off dribble, almost Wade-like.

His shot is still a work in progress but it will come it may take a season or two but if guys like Iguadala, Stoudamaire and Rashad Lewis can become good shooters i dont see why Demar can't . For now keep driving to the basket !
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

This guy is a player. He loves to drive, has an OK jumper that will get better and has work-ethic. He's always coming to shootaround and games early to get his shot in. From all I've read and heard on Twitter etc he's got a good head on him and his humble about his life.

We need to invest in him and Triano's doing the right thing by starting him. I don't like how we forget about him in the third quarter, he gets most of his buckets early in the game but in the second half he doesn't get any touches/shots. Even if this season turns out to be a disaster, we need to get him and to a lesser extent Weems some burn to see just what we have here. (Weems less so, of course)

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        This guy is a player. He loves to drive, has an OK jumper that will get better and has work-ethic. He's always coming to shootaround and games early to get his shot in. From all I've read and heard on Twitter etc he's got a good head on him and his humble about his life.

We need to invest in him and Triano's doing the right thing by starting him. I don't like how we forget about him in the third quarter, he gets most of his buckets early in the game but in the second half he doesn't get any touches/shots. Even if this season turns out to be a disaster, we need to get him and to a lesser extent Weems some burn to see just what we have here. (Weems less so, of course)
        Yeah he should be playing in the third when he has it going, i think he's gonna have a monster game soon when he's driving, getting to the line and hitting his shot.

I like him going into the slam dunk contest too if he does well it should be good for his confidence.
        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

I love to hear that he wants to start slashing more. The team needs that, it draws fouls and wears down the other team.

Comment

DD is a nice rookie. Expect he'll be a really good player.
            Fans just need to remember how young he is when setting expectations.

More minutes for the young stud!
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

He's got the look of a future star and does seem to ganing some confidence. Definately looking for him to get more playing time as the season goes on, and if his jumper gets reliable he'll be a pretty amazing player. Definately a keeper at the moment.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

He has started to look amazing in the past two games. Sure that 20+ point game from him was might fine but it came in a losing effort. Hell all of his good games before the last two games came in a losing effort. But finally in the last two games he has played good and we got the win
                Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Working...
                X