Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade: David Andersen To Toronto

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trade: David Andersen To Toronto

Doug Smith

He's a 6-11 Australian who came to Houston from a career in Europe and Russia last season and averaged 5.8 points, 3.3 rebounds and about 14 minutes a game in 63 games.

He's more depth for the frontcourt and with a contract that pays him $2.5 million this season with a team option at $2.7 million for 2011-12, he's hardly a bank-breaker.
    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...small-one.html

DraftExpress

Andersen still did a nice job showcasing his excellent skill-level, primarily in the form of his jump-shot, knocking down an array of spot-up, pull-up, turnaround and pick and pop jumpers, in the post, from 18-20 feet, and all the way out beyond the 3-point line.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Andersen-5222/

ABC
    Andersen posted 19 points on 9-of-14 shooting from the floor (career high)...He made one of his three attempts from downtown and pulled down six rebounds in 25 minutes on the court.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...17/2744778.htm

His stats from last year (09/10):

GP Min Pts FG FGA FG% 2Pt 2PtA 2P% 3Pt 3PtA 3P% FTM FTA FT%
    63 14.2 5.8 2.3 5.4 43.2 1.9 4.2 45.8 0.4 1.2 34.6 0.7 1.1 68.7

Off Def TOT Asts Stls Blks TOs PFs
    0.9 2.4 3.3 0.7 0.2 0.2 0.6 1.9

His offense consists primarily of shooting over people. Decent spot-up shooter and decent turn around jumper in the post. His rebounding and defense needs work. Plays more like a PF than C.

Here's a mix.

Last edited by Krix; Wed Jul 28th, 2010 at 08:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

hey, you've got to take chances on some of these guys. could be good.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you aren't going to go for POB might as well get the bloke D. Anderson from Carlton

This should jazz at least one Raptors Republic poster.

http://www.travelaustralia.com.au/city/carlton-map-3010
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

he's a body i guess? dude is terrible defensively.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

That compilation seemed to show him to be more mobile than Bargs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    That compilation seemed to show him to be more mobile than Bargs!
    That is not saying much
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

We got him for basically nothing so no harm in taking on an experiment, better than having POB IMO lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Priest wrote: View Post
    We got him for basically nothing so no harm in taking on an experiment, better than having POB IMO lol
    He is more talented, but lets not carried away. You can play him other than in garbage time

Post Thanks / Like

it'll allow solo to spend a year (or 2) in the d league where he'll progress more than rotting on the bench.

Post Thanks / Like

rockets actually played him quite a bit, especially in crunch time, cause of how versatile he was and opened up the floor. don't be surprised if he plays at least 10 mins a game or so.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he seems to have a better post game than both bargs and johnson. seems to have a good peremiter shot as well, wonder how good his D is.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Krix wrote: View Post
    Can't seem to change title but his name is actually spelled David Andersen.
    Got you covered.

Raptors Republic Rookie DemarDaChosen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing to get excited about but it would be silly to call this a "bad" move.

We added depth upfront for next to nothing. Also gives us the option of having 5 guys on the floor (in their natural positions) who can hit the 3 in situations where we need it. This could be valuable for set plays drawn up during timeouts, final shots, etc. as it would be very tough for defenders to cheat or double team anyone.

Depth and options are always a good thing.
    "Oh well, that's basketball. It used to be basketball. I don't know what it is now."

Post Thanks / Like

i've actually heard of him though. better than the other projects we've brought in jawai,garth, pob,dorsey,jones, the list goes on you know who was starting to show signs of improvement douby but then we released him which was ok at the time and then just ended up being pointless.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i would have rather had chris andersen, this andersen seems better suited to ride the pine though!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    it'll allow solo to spend a year (or 2) in the d league where he'll progress more than rotting on the bench.
    or perhaps in Europe

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Another soft, jump shooting, priemeter oriented big man who gets pushed around under the basket............I hope BC doesn't try and start Andersen at center. Bargnani, Andersen, Kleiza(who is another jump shooting big that has no mid range game plus he's unable to create off the bounce especially as a SF is better suited for PF)- BC is appearing really desperate and acting a bit irrational in his f/a pick ups, attempted f/a pick ups, trades & attempted trades. More rosters moves have to come.

Post Thanks / Like

he's not desperate he's got a core and h'es just filling roster spaces now. seeing what players can do. bargnani,kleiza,derozan,johnson,jack,weems,davis is the core and only those guys.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Got you covered.
    Thanks Apollo.

Quote blaze89 wrote: View Post
    he seems to have a better post game than both bargs and johnson. seems to have a good peremiter shot as well, wonder how good his D is.....
    Not good. If his shot isn't going for him, he's pretty much useless on the floor. Bargs 1on1 D is better. Andersen also lacks bulk. I think a couple of summer leagues ago DeJuan Blair was pushing him around under the basket.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I see there are a lot of chronic whiners here. If you can't see this for what it is, a minor transaction to add a bit of depth at Centre that cost next to nothing then do yourselves a favor and find another sport to comment on or go whine to your mommies and ask for a warm bottle and a diaper change while you're at it. Pathetic!

Thread Information