Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Now Have 14 Players Under Contract - Will This Be The October 1st Roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Now Have 14 Players Under Contract - Will This Be The October 1st Roster?

This could very well be the roster when training camp opens. With a 15th player possibly added during October either from the Raptors training camp group or off the waiver wire.

1. Bargnani
    2. Kleiza
    3. Johnson
    4. DeRozan
    5. Jack
    6. Calderon
    7. Barbosa
    8. Weems
    9. Davis
    10. Anderson
    11. Alabi
    12. Belinelli
    13. Banks
    14. Evans
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

calderon and evans are gonna go for a SF of some shape or form
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      calderon and evans are gonna go for a SF of some shape or form
      If BC tries to pull that stupid move of dumping one his only two NBA point guards for a non-point guard the season will be close to being finished.

Banks can not play 20 minutes a game as a backup and Jack can not play 35-40 minutes a night as a starter.

Time to move on. Its now the "Young Gunz" team.
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Jul 28, 2010, 06:54 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        If BC tries to pull that stupid move of dumping one his only two NBA point guards for a non-point guard the season will be close to being finished.

Banks can not play 20 minutes a game as a backup and Jack can not play 35-40 minutes a night as a starter.

lol buddah, this team is finished this season anyway, regardless of what transpires this summer. i dont think anybody even BC feels that were going anywhere this year so why not trade away our PG with the worst defence for a player that can fill a hole that we have. the way i see it, jose's the odd man out thats needs to be gone eventually so why not do it now?

Comment

banks really isn't the terrible player you guys make him out to be, he's just grossly overpaid. if anything, i see barbosa being the backup, change of pace guard.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

No, Jose and Evens are going to be traded IMO.

Comment

jose gone, evans gone, alabi d-league, bellinelli the verdict remains to be seen.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

banks is more then capable of being a good backup, infact we played our best ball of the season when calderon was out & banks was backing up JJ,

id be more worried about JJ being the starter

Comment

God no this is not the October 1st roster.

Patience.

I don't think these players will be on the roster:

Jose
                  Evans
                  Jones
                  Dorsey (unfortunately because he works hard)

Possibly Banks
                  Possibly Anderson

Comment

Introducing, the weakest team in the NBA.
                    As a die hard raptors fan i've already begun dreaming up Harrison Barnes, Brandon Knight, Perry Jones etc in a Raptors Uniform.

Comment

That roster will win a less number of games than the number of games Bosh "gave up on" last year.

And if it's the Young Guns' team now, then prepare for a more social network frenzied, weak team. With an exponential jump in "jerking" after losses.

Comment

This could very well be the roster when training camp opens. With a 15th player possibly added during October either from the Raptors training camp group or off the waiver wire.
                        1. Bargnani
                        2. Kleiza
                        3. Johnson
                        4. DeRozan
                        5. Jack
                        6. Calderon
                        7. Barbosa
                        8. Weems
                        9. Davis
                        10. Anderson
                        11. Alabi
                        12. Belinelli
                        13. Banks
                        14. Evans
                        The Raptors currently have 16 players under contract. DJones has an August pick up date and Dorsey has a November pick up date. Hopefully a move or two will be made and Bobby Brown will end up as the 3rd roster PG- he's down with the YG'z. Alabi shouldn't be on the regular season roster- the less roster dead weight ala POB the better.

C: ABargnani, #DAnderson,*DJones, SAlabi
                        PF: AJohnson, EDavis, #REvans, *JDorsey
                        SF: LKleiza, #SWeems
                        SG: DDeRozan, LBarbosa, #MBellineli
                        PG: JCalderon, JJack, #MBanks
                        Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Jul 28, 2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

if thats the roster it is not bad you can do some things with it. I would like to see who wins the battle for the 3 spot between weems and kleiza. Also alabi will have get some time to develop I could see him making the reg season roster.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            if thats the roster it is not bad you can do some things with it. I would like to see who wins the battle for the 3 spot between weems and kleiza. Also alabi will have get some time to develop I could see him making the reg season roster.
                            Send Alabi to the NBDL for a year or 2. The Raptors need certified NBA talent not more projects.

Comment

Bellinelli as well can perform some pg duties.

Comment

Working...
                              X