Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Republic NFL Fantasy Football (Sign Up Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic NFL Fantasy Football (Sign Up Thread)

Hi All,

This is an update on where we stand right now.

Current list of managers:
    1. Apollo
    2. Doc
    3. Mangokid
    4. MackNorth
    5. A00715890
    6. iggyiggyigoudala
    7. Vacant
    8. Vacant

Draft Settings:
    - Live
    - Random starting order
    - Sun Aug 22 10:00am EST

League Cost:
    Free... For this season.

Some Important Rules:
    1. The league decides the outcome of all trades. I personally will not step in at any time to veto a trade by myself. All trades will be decided by a league vote. If the league passes an unfair trade then the league failed itself. Trust me on this one, it's better this way.
    2. Dead teams won't get invited back to season 2. If you don't show up, you don't come back next year.
    3. Waiver priority is initially determined by the outcome of the random draft order. If you draft last in round one you will have top waiver priority. If you draft first in round one you will be last in waiver priority. Once you successfully use your waiver priority you move to the back of the line. Friendly tip: Some players waiting to be free agents may not be claimed while on waivers. Sometimes it pays to gamble on this and sign him after he clears waivers as opposed to using your waiver priority.

CLICK HERE to visit the league website (League Members Only)
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 4, 2010, 04:39 PM.

Giddy up .... I'm game brutha. For both football and obviously basketball.

Comment

Keeper league? This should be fun. Alright, count me in.

Comment

I'm always down for some fantasy football!

Last season was my first with defensive players and the commish had the scoring system way out of wack though, but I'm sure you've got that all in check, right Apollo?

Also, will this be the money league or is Realizar setting that one up?

Comment

Does anyone run a NFL game pool at all? Are you allowed to...legally speaking?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            I'm always down for some fantasy football!

Last season was my first with defensive players and the commish had the scoring system way out of wack though, but I'm sure you've got that all in check, right Apollo?
            Been running these for many years. I'll fill you in on the rules after I set the league up next week. If anything looks off just let me know and we'll see what we can do to make it work better.

Mack North wrote: View Post
            Also, will this be the money league or is Realizar setting that one up?
            Well, I can't answer yes or no right now. I don't think its my call and I don't know the interest is here in doing that. I ran a free league on another Raptors discussion site last season and it was very successful. I'll talk it over with some of the guys and I'll let you know. If it's ok then we'll go ahead with it if there is enough interest. What were you thinking, $20?

Comment

Alright, so we'll make this a pay league if the interest is there. We need at least 8 people. I'm thinking the interest may not be as high for a pay league than a free league but the activity and competition will be much greater. Let's make it a $20 registration fee for the season and split the pot so that second place gets their $20 back and the winner gets the rest. If we get 8 people the winner would get $140 and 2nd place would get $20. Fair enough?
              Last edited by Apollo; Mon Aug 2, 2010, 11:03 PM. Reason: See top of page for list of members

Comment

I'm alright with it being free or $20 to join. If we get people in a pay league they're more apt to stick it out and play the whole season regardless of standings.

Whatever works guys, just let me know when to sign up!

Comment

I'll do either league (free or money), but with a small entry fee money leagues are always more entertaining and also acts as an incentive for people to remain active during the seasons. Free ones seem to lose interest fast for many.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Alright, so we'll make this a pay league if the interest is there. We need at least 8 people. I'm thinking the interest may not be as high for a pay league than a free league but the activity and competition will be much greater. Let's make it a $20 registration fee for the season and split the pot so that second place gets their $20 back and the winner gets the rest. If we get 8 people the winner would get $140 and 2nd place would get $20. Fair enough?

As of right now we have
                    1. Myself
                    2. Doc
                    3. Mangokid
                    4. MackNorth
                    5. Bendit (Are you in?)
                    6. Vacant
                    7. Vacant
                    8. Vacant
                    Apollo, I am just interested in a straight pool (weekly games, against the spread or straight win).

I wasnt clear whether your note was about fantasy or not.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

As of right now we have
                      1. Myself
                      2. Doc
                      3. Mangokid
                      4. MackNorth
                      5. Bendit (Are you in?)
                      6. Vacant
                      7. Vacant
                      8. Vacant
                      Apollo, I am just interested in a straight pool (weekly games, against the spread or straight win).

I wasnt clear whether your note was about fantasy or not.

Comment

This is going to be a head to head fantasy football league. whichever team generates the most fantasy points wins the game. Regular season typically ends after week 13 or 14 and then the playoffs start for the teams who make it.

Comment

The league is now set up. I will be PMing Doc, Mangokid and MackNorth the details on how to join. Still waiting on Bendit to say yes or no.

Comment

count me in if you still got room...

Comment

If there is still room I will join

Comment

Working...
                              X