Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ESPN: The NBA Needs to Ask Itself If It Wants To Be In Toronto

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ture, but we were on the verge and went all in with that hand. AND the team attendance was having a rough time because they were a new Franchise. MLSE probably spent $$ to ensure their investment would stay strong. Not like to today. It will sells out no matter what....SO far.

Raps History:

1995- Hello NBA & Stoudamire!
    1996- Draft Marcus Camby
    1997- Injuries & Isiah Thomas U SUCK! Draft T-Mac
    1998- Welcome Grunwald! Shake up this mess. Keep the youth & get Vets Oakley, Kevin Willis, New Tough coach Butch Carter to help youth develop. ROOKIE Carter, Doug Christie & T-Mac's Comming Out Party! The beginning of the end for Alvins knees. Thank-You Alvin!
    1999- Bring in Antonio Davis to help in playoffs. Damn! The Knick just won 4 striaght. 1 round exit.
    2000- Christie traded for Corliss Williamson Opppsss... then Jerome Williams JYD. Hello Lenny Wilkens & Mark 'The Preacher' Jackson to help Alvins knees. Media LOVES Vince and ignores T-Mac. T-Mac Free Agent to Magic we got NOTHING.

***THE BEGINNING OF THE END***

No need to say more. It's all downhill from here.... BUT the return on investment is still great!

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I already commented on that. I said that with a mix of drafted players and overpaid FAs (and with some creative trades..add on) you might be able to create winning team. Do you think it's automatically gonna happen, us becoming a winning team? It takes some time.

Maybe you should heed to your own advice, friend.
    maybe u need to read three times LOL

wasnt saying anything about anything happening over night.

only comment i made directed at u was that its like the chickin & egg dilema, what comes first winning or winning players. & its quite obvious.

everything else was assumed by u & i corrected u

to say i should heed my own advice would be assuming again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    AND the team attendance was having a rough time because they were a new Franchise.
    Toronto has always been pretty good for attendance.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Toronto has always been pretty good for attendance.
    agreed

it just seemed like there wasnt many people at the game when they were playing in the skydome.

that building was just way too big for basketball

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone has to respond to these two idiots and address these ridiculous comments head on.
    If not, we will continue to hear more inbelievable bs.
    Obviously they have an audience that treats everything that comes out of their mouths as gospel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    maybe some one should send Mike & Mike or Cnn or who ever a video of carabana festivities in T.O, every american that celebrates it loves the city & most come every year.
    mabye would help show americans that were not a bunch of french eskimo's living in igloo's all year LOL
    funny you mention a festival that LEBRON JAMES, yes the LEBRON JAMES attends yearly.

also, a certain golf tournament held up here yearly in july that one of our biggest haters CHARLES BARKLEY ATTENDS YEARLY!!!!!!!

this is just pure ignorance by them.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?