X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Says He Always Played Hard With Raptors

Bosh says he always played hard with Raptors

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-raptors-bosh

Fan590 Bosh interview: http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_deman...h-20100729.mp3
    Last edited by KakashiPrince; Fri Jul 30, 2010, 02:17 AM.

Bosh and Bargnani both stated he played hard when he was on the court or wearing a uniform. BC did not speak to that, he spoke more to Bosh not playing when medically cleared to do so. Again both Bosh and Bargnani only referred to when he was playing on the court, not whether he even took the court. Politician speak.

At the end of the day, he's gone.

Comment

There were definitely games post ankle injury where Bosh DID NOT play hard. I remember being confused while watching one game why Bosh kept catching the ball on the elbow and jacking it up. Yeah, that's his shot, but it's complimented with some drives. This game, every touch he had, he would shoot--no pump fakes, he wouldn't even look at his teammates to pass, he wouldn't attempt to drive by his defender--he just calmly caught the ball and shot it. He took the shot pretty quickly, even by his 'ball stopping' standards. That tells me that he wasn't looking at what the defence was giving him--he had already made up his mind that he was going to shoot the ball every time he caught it.

Comment

The media is way overblowing Colangelo's matter- of-fact statements and not rant or tirade. Bargnani backs up his sentiment about not being the same just as we all witnessed. Andrea Bargnani from his interview at Hoops Hype: "...You could feel that [Bosh] was going to leave for the last couple of months before the end of the season. Everybody had this kind of feeling."

Comment

It is interesting/coincidental that Bargnani's says in his interview (in another thread here) that the team "felt" that Bosh was going to leave.....copy of transcript:

"What was your reaction when you learned Bosh was going to Miami?

AB: I wasn’t surprised. His contract was finished and the feeling was that he was going to leave. You could feel that he was going to leave for the last couple of months before the end of the season. Everybody had this kind of feeling. So I wasn’t surprised."

Bosh's ankle injury occurred Feb 18. and season ended April 14.

Make of it what you may. There was also the stomach problem in there that made him miss the Hedo's "ball" game in NY which we won. With all of the tests including non-existent swelling and doctor's approval he still considered himself not ready. And this was with "his" team in the hunt for a playoff spot.

I think he checked out as well....just did not want to jeopardize his free agency signing.

Comment

this is BS bosh definitely did no play to his full potential after allstar break
            ya dun noe

Comment

The more I see this guy tweet about all the fancy celebrity stuff he's attending and doing, and the 80 hrs of tape he has for his free agent documentary...the more im glad he left. His priorities are about his ego and not his game. And this crap about TO feels different and smells different? wtf is that, he's from Texas, anywhere else in the US is gonna also be different...what a clown..he's got VC and Antonio Davis beat imo.....Go f**k a dolphin doucebag!

Comment

Everyone can agree that Bosh was a good citizen of Toronto and the Raptors. The problem was he is not someone you build around to make your team a conteder. That is something the Raptors brass should have admitted publicly 5 years ago. Fans have a reason to be upset, since during Bosh's stay the team only won 3 playoff games in 7 years, which is brutal. Plus, the team missed the playoffs by one game in back to back years, which is laughable.

If Bosh truly cared about winning in Toronto, he should have publicly tried to recruit players to the city, which he never seemed to do. The fact that the team was 5th in the Eastern Conference at the All-star break and ended up missing the playoffs by one game, clearly shows that it wasn't the teams talent that led to them missing the playoffs. The fans would have liked the teams best player to show some emotion, but with him laughing on the bench instead of cheering the team, was a slap in the face. His tweeting and side show during the off-season was an insult to the fans, city, and country that cheered for him for the past seven years.

And Bosh, Carter was big enough to get the Raptors on prime-time U.S. television, the fact is your star power never cut it.

Best of luck in Miami, and forgive us if we hope that you enjoy the same misfortune as Carter and TMAC since they left Toronto.
                Last edited by Raptorsss; Fri Jul 30, 2010, 11:33 AM.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

i think it is pretty clear that Bosh was using the art of lying without lying! LOL

he goes on saying he never would try to tarnish the bosh name & that he always played hard when he was on the court, wich i highly doubt but lets just say for the F$@K of it that hes not lying there.

what about the 6 games he missed & was cleared to play!!!!!!!!! he never once mentioned anything about that. kind of seemed to dance around that subject.

bosh most deff. mailed it in, Now he's doing damage control because hes prob. realized that it hurts his marketablity everywere but miami, & even there he's just a bag boy for wade & james

bosh is a turd someone forgot to flush,(stinks more & more everyday) LOL

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                    Bosh and Bargnani both stated he played hard when he was on the court or wearing a uniform. BC did not speak to that, he spoke more to Bosh not playing when medically cleared to do so. Again both Bosh and Bargnani only referred to when he was playing on the court, not whether he even took the court. Politician speak.

At the end of the day, he's gone.
                    i entirely agree. bosh is wound up like a wind up doll. not saying anything unless forced to.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If Bosh was cleared to play but didn't feel right about his body- who are we to question that man's decision especially given that he was heading into a big f/a summer? If he came back and got even more severely injured folks would be calling him a fool for listening to the Raptor's medical staff despite not feeling right. He damn near lost his face against Cleveland.

And don't forget when Bosh got kneed by Pierce who stepped up for him? I knew right then he was gone.

Jay's no player accountabilty era in full & total e-f-f-e-c-t....

Comment

Ya, like Bosh is really going to say the contrary.

Comment

Bosh is not Carter or TMAC, whose credibility went through the shredder, when they left town (they never stood up for themselves in the media, to my knowledge). Bosh did play hard in Toronto, but he is not a team leader and didn't have the heart to lead the team to the playoffs. He really doesn't want to be cast as a badguy whether or not he is one or not.

The biggest mistake that he made was probably having that love child with his ex. He generally is a good, intelligent, articulate hard worker. What he is not is a leader. His greatest basketball achievement to this day, was leading his team to a high school state championship.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Holly has an interesting perspective on this
                            Jul 30, 2010
                            Thoughts on Bosh vs. Colangelo
                            Posted by Holly MacKenzie

While our guy Tas gives his take on the job Bryan Colangelo has done with the Toronto Raptors, I’m going to try to give my take on the war of words between Colangelo and Chris Bosh as someone who has had to listen to and transcribe a lot of tape of both. Especially this past season, where, more days a week than not, I’d have to speak with Chris after practices, games and during shootarounds, as his team –and playoff aspirations– fell apart around him.

Does this mean I know much about the guy away from basketball? Nope, but I feel like you do see pieces of players when you have to deal with them –or they with you– day after day after day.

While the end has been messier than I would have ever expected –although we never think about the end of a partnership when we hope there isn’t going to be one– I felt a sense of empathy for Bosh, watching him on Sportsnet last night. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking: Why am I feeling empathy for a guy who “conspired” with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade to pull off the biggest move in free agent history, changing the reality of parity within the league as we know it?

I felt bad for Bosh because when he says he has never, ever in his life stepped onto a basketball court and not given his all, I believe that he believes that. I also believe that what was really up for debate in the eyes of disgruntled Raptors’ fans wasn’t whether he played hard, but why he wasn’t on the floor to play hard after spraining his ankle when he was medically cleared to play.
                            cont on link

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/0...-vs-colangelo/

Below is my response to her article slightly edited. I believe I have stated this position before but for those who may have missed it previously here it is. The gist of it is that I am not so sure that BC really wanted to resign Bosh because of his bad knees and Bosh wanting a max contract.

============================
                            I for one think that BC had no intention of resigning Bosh, however there is no way that he could ever make that publicly known. So he had to go through the steps in the public with the media and the fans.

Bosh has been injured his whole career. His knees are chronically bad and getting worse. It was obvious that while he may have strengthened his upper body during last summer that he could not keep up with the "Young Gunz" on the court. The Raptors offense was too often dump off to Bosh watch him hold it for 10 seconds or more and then either shoot a jump shot or try and get to the basket.

On top of that his help defense for Bargnani was very limited especially compared to Amir's.

I have no problem with what Bosh did in the media or or on the Net. He was just being consistent with his self promotion personality that all Raptors fans saw in Bosh's self promotion for the all-star team. Bosh did what he was capable of doing and I believe did it to the best of his ability knowing that he was not going to be playing for the Raptors in 10-11 and beyond.

Could BC have been more honest with the media and fans and say that the Raptor management had no interest in resigning Bosh? That is a good question. I think if BC had said that during the season it would have totally wiped out whatever playoff chances the Raptors had. Remember the Raptors would have made the playoffs if Lebron hadn;t sat vs the Bulls during the last two weeks after playing the game before vs the Raptors and if Rondo hadn't tanked vs the Bulls in their game in the last two weeks. If anyone doubts that Rondo tanked go look at his numbers in that game and compare it to his career averages vs D. Rose. Rondo tanked.

So the Raptors got shafted by the NBA in the last two weeks and that is the main reason that they did not make the playoffs, not because Bosh may not have played when he could have or because he maybe didn't give 100% when he was on the court. I am sure he gave all he could give under the circumstances.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                            X