Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marc Stein ESPN - Raptors Continue To Show Interest In Bobby Brown

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Marc Stein ESPN - Raptors Continue To Show Interest In Bobby Brown

I think that Arsenalist would have to get his wish of the Raptors either moving Calderon or Banks for Brown to be signed. We shall see.

Remember the Titans

On the subject of players whose allegiances merit special attention here at Stein Line HQ, Cal State Fullerton alumnus Bobby Brown continues to draw interest from the Raptors, who had Brown in summer league and are believed to be the team most likely to sign him for next season.

Brown not only played well in Las Vegas but has a special bond with a few California-reared Raptors (DeMar DeRozan and Amir Johnson) to enhance his chances. The Raptors, though, still have two point guards on the roster that they’ve unsuccessfully tried to move: Jose Calderon and Marcus Banks.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...haq-t-mac-more

Grading LVSL Part Two

By: Luke Byrnes Last Updated: 7/23/10 3:57 PM ET | 6590 times read

Journeyman point guard Bobby Brown was tremendous offensively, making 25-37 (.676) field goals while averaging 12.4 points and four assists (to only 1.4 turnovers) per game.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16905

Brown Career NBA stats limited

Age-----------------26
    Height--------------6'2"

Games-------------113
    MPG---------------12.8
    PPG----------------5.1
    APG----------------1.8
    TOV----------------1.0
    FG%---------------.384
    3FG%--------------.311
    FT%---------------.810
    PER-----------------9.0
    WS/48-------------(0.037) That is negative WS/48 for his career

========================
    Comment: I would rather see Weems or Barbosa as the backup point guard than this guy.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You beat me to it. I actually would like the Raptors to sign the guy, if they could complete a trade first. He did have great chemistry with the other Raptors at VSL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like