Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Marc Stein ESPN - Raptors Continue To Show Interest In Bobby Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Fuck sakes. We should not be signing this guy just because he's buddy-buddy with DeRozan. C'mon, he's a below average point guard who isn't going to bring much more than what Banks would anyway. Calderon is gonzo and I'd rather Banks back up Jack than Brown, doesn't make any sense to add a player like him. If we want to address the PG, do it right, go get Rubio or another PG who can actually feed the ball to DeRozan/Weems, not Bobby Brown.

Post Thanks / Like

ya, after reading this i don't want brown at all.

Brown just completed a two year guaranteed minimum salary contract, initially given to him by the Sacramento Kings. He won that contract because of his play in summer league 2008, where he scored a lot of points in a variety of different ways. The Kings didn't play Brown much in any regular season games, and later included him in the trade that brought over Shelden Williams from Minnesota, as was their perogative. Minnesota forwarded him on last summer to New Orleans as a throw-in to the Darius Songaila trade, as was their perogative. (So, that's that joke out of the way early.)

Once in New Orleans, Bobby started to get regular minutes. Byron Scott played him as the primary backup guard, often ahead of Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton, but it really did not go well. Brown shot the ball every time he touched it, taking 152 field goals in only 328 minutes, and attempting only 8 foul shots. To put it bluntly, he chucked. (Byron Scott was later fired, Collison and Thornton started to play more, and the Hornets' season was salvaged. These things are all related.)
    Brown was traded to the Clippers in a salary dump later in the season, where he did more of the same; 191 minutes, 85 field goals, 7 foul shots. Brown took a three pointer every 5 minutes last year, and didn't seem to mind that he hit only 27% of them. He's a scorer, of course, and scorers need to shoot. But he just.....won't........stop..........shooting...... ...........
    http://blog.shamsports.com/2010/07/b...hats-left.html
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Fuck sakes. We should not be signing this guy just because he's buddy-buddy with DeRozan. C'mon, he's a below average point guard who isn't going to bring much more than what Banks would anyway. Calderon is gonzo and I'd rather Banks back up Jack than Brown, doesn't make any sense to add a player like him. If we want to address the PG, do it right, go get Rubio or another PG who can actually feed the ball to DeRozan/Weems, not Bobby Brown.
    ya, go get rubio and i'm never going to buy some boxes of lucky charms again.(seriously, i'm scared of leprechauns.)

Lucky Charms of DEATH
    Uploaded by MattAttackProductions. - See more comedy videos.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information